Thread: Opcode error e3 unk (random numbers)

Thanks

Default Opcode error e3 unk (random numbers)

I've been trying to play Spyro: year of the dragon. But it keeps crashing when i enter the second level of the first world, the cloud-level, cant remember the exact name.
    When i use this ISO: http://www.emuparadise.org/Sony_Play..._%28E%29/52801, the game crashes with no message.
    When i use the platinum disc, i get the Opcode 3k unk error.

I'm using ePSXe 1.7 with Pete's openGL2 driver 2.9, the ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0., and the P.E.Op.S. CDR driver 1.4, although, if i use the ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0, i get the same error, but only when i run the game from the disc.

I've got vista x64, 8gigs of ddr2, Intel Core2 9400 @ 2.66 GHz and a Nvidia GTX 280.

Please help, anyone?

- Zero

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Moved to Sony Systems.

Try using Pete's OGL or D3D video plugin instead of OGL2. if that fails, try getting a different image file or scan your image file with CDMage to see if there's any error with it.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?p=523144

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Also recomend you mount the CD-Image with Daemon Tools Lite (A free Virtual CD Rom Drive)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

OR change the cdrom plugin

PAN!

Thanks

Thx for the replies.
    CDmage said the ISO was working fine, so i tried changing to both OGL and D3D, but it didn't do the trick.
    I ran the game from CD and from ISO, also with Daemon tools, but that also did not work.

Could it be the Bios?

Thanks
    EP Points

change the cd plugin...

PAN!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Done a quick bit of resurch for the game

Spyro Year of the Dragon NTSC and PAL both have anti mod protection, yes this will effect emulation aswell as on a chipped PSX

You can find various patch fixed at
    http://consolecopyworld.com/psx/psx_patches_s_3.shtml

The fact that it crashes on Level 2 is normal because of the protection, you get the same on a modded PSX or PS1 or any other sony console modded that can play PSX software

Sorry I should of realised what was up with this, this is not the first tyoe of protection that lets you play some of the game before it crashes out
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-June-2011 at 15:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks a bunch!, you guys rock!

I've patched the game with the "Spyro the Dragon 3: Year o/t Dragon Protection Fix [100%] & +3 Trainer PDX" using the P.E.Op.S. CDR driver 1.4, and I tried patching the game with PPF-o-matic. I also tried with another patch, "Spyro the Dragon 3: Year o/t Dragon Protection Fix & PAL/NTSC Selector BAD".

Sadly, I get stuck at the paradox screen, with the 8-bit music and the blue-ish pulsing background, and it doesn't react any button on my controller, or my keyboard, except the Esc key, ofc.
    Same happens with the BAD patch.

Is it because of my CD plugin?

Nevermind! Got it working by making a subchannel-file!

I hope it will continue to work!

Thanks a lot for help!
    Last edited by zerosourec; 6th-June-2011 at 09:23. Reason: Problem Solved!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thats great though never needed a subchannel file, personly just mount and play, may of needed to enable subchannel reading but never needed to make a seperate file

Though it's all working now so not realy an issue
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-June-2011 at 12:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Done a quick bit of resurch for the game

Spyro Year of the Dragon NTSC and PAL both have anti mod protection, yes this will effect emulation aswell as on a chipped PSX

You can find various patch fixed at
    http://consolecopyworld.com/psx/psx_patches_s_3.shtml

The fact that it crashes on Level 2 is normal because of the protection, you get the same on a modded PSX or PS1 or any other sony console modded that can play PSX software

Sorry I should of realised what was up with this, this is not the first tyoe of protection that lets you play some of the game before it crashes out
    I just encountered the same issue with Spyro 2. Followed that link, and when I try to run the patching software it says it can't run in my OS (which is Windows 7 64-bit). Where can I find a replacement for ApplyPPF.exe?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please do not revive old threads

In future issues just make your own thread

This is a prime example why not to as this is not best way to solve this kind of issue now is not mentioned above anyway

sbi files are the way to go but as it happens Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! the (U) USA/NTSC version of the game does not have any protection anyway

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer is the (E) EU/PAL name for the same game has protection in it and would require an sbi file to play it that you can get from http://redump.org/disc/1182/

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]