Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need help on how to burn psx files using my Mac.

Thanks

Yeah, I even tried converting it to an iso at some point, but it still didn't work..
    What do you mean copies? Do you mean copies of other PS1 games? If so, then no.

Thanks
    EP Points

we mean burned discs.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Install FreeMC Boot + the PSX Launcher, someone else can direct you on the how (Not got the time to dig up ther info just now)

That will enable the PS2 to atleast boot up PAL PSX backups

FreeMC Boot and the exploit should be Mac user friendly to do as most of it is to copy files onto a CD & usb device (for chipped PS2's anyway)

I would guess that burning is fine and it is that your mod chip has no PSX CD-R support, that can be fixed with the FreeMC Boot/PSX Launcher
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-May-2011 at 08:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

to install FMCB you will need to have a sony 8MB memorycard a phat or slim model PS2 which is under 9XXX as in if you have a 9000 model FMCB will not work on your ps2 as it is not compatable and you will also need a USB memory stick to transfer the files over to your ps2. once you have the items specified you will need to go to the following site and use one of the methods mentioned under the installation tab, for example if you own a swap magic disc you can use that method to load the usb files and install it, to install the PSX launcher you will need to download it off of the same site or use this link,
    if you find that a bit to complictated for you, you can either go to here and ask someone from your region to install it for you its free but make sure you specify in your post that you wish to have PSX Launcher installed onto it, to have it installed all you need is two prestamped envelopes to send to the installer and one so that they can send it back to you, if you do the 2nd option then all you do is follow this guide and your ready to download and burn games.
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    to install FMCB you will need to have a sony 8MB memorycard a phat or slim model PS2 which is under 9XXX as in if you have a 9000 model FMCB will not work on your ps2 as it is not compatable and you will also need a USB memory stick to transfer the files over to your ps2. once you have the items specified you will need to go to the following site and use one of the methods mentioned under the installation tab, for example if you own a swap magic disc you can use that method to load the usb files and install it, to install the PSX launcher you will need to download it off of the same site or use this link,
    if you find that a bit to complictated for you, you can either go to here and ask someone from your region to install it for you its free but make sure you specify in your post that you wish to have PSX Launcher installed onto it, to have it installed all you need is two prestamped envelopes to send to the installer and one so that they can send it back to you, if you do the 2nd option then all you do is follow this guide and your ready to download and burn games.
    9XXX? My model number is SCPH 50001, so will it work..?

And yeah it does seem a little confusing. I'm going to have to ask one of my friends maybe and see if they have more luck with those instructions.

This and the previous post seem very helpful and I'll be sure to try them!

Thanks
    EP Points

Shouldn't your modchip have a way to boot .elf files without having to install FMCB onto a memory card?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CancerZombie View Post
    9XXX? My model number is SCPH 50001, so will it work..?

And yeah it does seem a little confusing. I'm going to have to ask one of my friends maybe and see if they have more luck with those instructions.

This and the previous post seem very helpful and I'll be sure to try them!
    yeah your's will work fine with FMCB if you like you can just send me your memory card in a couple of days time when i get mine back and its working and ill install it for you

and as Inferno said do you know if your modchip can boot.ELF files?
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you have had issues with multi disc PS2 games then FMCB will fix that issue if you install ESR aswell, not all the PS2 mod chips supported changing discs, ESR does

PSX booting can be done without FMCB though but FMCB makes thing easy once installed

I have an easy to follow guide for installing FreeMC/ESR but I'm missing the files for it
    PS2 ESR softmod ultimate guide and compatability list the files are missing due to a forum crash

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    yeah your's will work fine with FMCB if you like you can just send me your memory card in a couple of days time when i get mine back and its working and ill install it for you

and as Inferno said do you know if your modchip can boot.ELF files?
    Not sure. How can I check?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

All mod chips can via a CD burn if you can't from a USB device, I would just presume you can't boot a USB device and go with the CD-R option

All PS2 mod chips do this every time it boots a CD-R/DVD-/+R all PS2 games use elf files to boot from

If you go with the CD-R option make sure you dummy it up, just add some random files to your CD to fill it up a bit, this just makes sure the CD is read ok by the PS2, extreamly low toc PS2 CD's and DVD's can have reading problems, you could even have one of your compressed PSone CD images on there as a dummy file to fill the CD up, the CD does not need to be full to the brim but atleast half full should be enough for it to read ok by the PS2 (this is more for CD's with minimum files for booting ulaunch, for the softmod install/PSX exploit)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-May-2011 at 19:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]