Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games that should go on forever, or just stop.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    thats EXACTLY how I feel about it too, awesome

9 was the last stop for me, great game.
    Completely in agreement with this. I enjoyed FF10, but it wasn't as good as 7 and 9. Then came 12, and then... *shudder* came 13.

EDIT: Incidentally, let's avoid the "7 r betur." "no 8" "noe 7" "noe 8!" debate. It never seems to end well, for some reason

Thanks

I once started a thread about overrated games, and ended a 20 page flamewar! That's not was my intention, and i hope the same dont happen here.

About the topic: The three main Nintendo franchises; Mario, Zelda and Pokemon = go forever!

Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest too.

And please Breath of Fire, rise from the ashes!

@Edit

Btw, i really enjoyed the FF XII. It's about time to reivent the series.
    Last edited by Tsukasa; 6th-May-2011 at 23:10.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    And please Breath of Fire, rise from the ashes!
    Wow, this. I totally forgot about BoF, if ever there was a game that needed to come back, that would be it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Wow, this. I totally forgot about BoF, if ever there was a game that needed to come back, that would be it.
    Yeah. The series ended early. I mean, BoF V isn't a bad game. It's just... well, it's not what everyone expecting. BoF V reinvented the series, but it was to early for do that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lasharus View Post
    Completely in agreement with this. I enjoyed FF10, but it wasn't as good as 7 and 9. Then came 12, and then... *shudder* came 13.

EDIT: Incidentally, let's avoid the "7 r betur." "no 8" "noe 7" "noe 8!" debate. It never seems to end well, for some reason
    Holy S**t!!! Are y'all reading my mind!? Am I the only one who thought FF12 shouldn't have even had the FF Name?
    Am I Among Friends? *sob*
    Moogle's are more kick-ass than they look.

Thanks

This has been said a million times before, I know it without even backreading

but IMO, Zelda should never end, FF should never end, Mario should never end.

Call of duty needs to end ASAP.

Again, I know it's been said, but it's what I think.

Also, in backreading I probably would have found 85% of posts to contain "FFXIII is like the acidic piss of Satan in my eye/eats babies" or something along those lines. And I think I see that enough on the interweb.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethegreat12 View Post
    Tony hawk. GONE. the last good th game was american wasteland and now the have this shred and ride crap.. i wish the stuck with the good old days stuff like collecting the secret tapes and combo letters
    I personally thought the last good Tony Hawk game was Underground. After that they turned to shit.

I think the Manhunt series from Rockstar needs a swift kick in the ass, and MH3 needs to be released.

As for older games, I wouldn't mind seeing more to the Super Mario World series.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't wish to see any particular series to stop. These games get released because a lot of people buy them. If they didn't, they would not be released. Just look what happened to Guitar Hero when its sales fell flat. As for series that should never stop: Dragon Quest and 2D Mario. Nintendo was a real idiot for not releasing a 2D Mario for, like, 14 years.

Thanks
    EP Points

mario,zelda,metroid,ff,dq should live.
    cod, halo, guitar hero, yearly sports titles, most licensed games should die.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Heer View Post
    mario,zelda,metroid,ff,dq should live.
    cod, halo, guitar hero, yearly sports titles, most licensed games should die.
    What the...? Cod, Halo and Guitar Hero are awesome games and they are some of the best game series!

Currently playing:

GoldenEye 007 on Nintendo Wii
    Call of Duty: Black Ops on Xbox 360
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent on PC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonhunter View Post
    Holy S**t!!! Are y'all reading my mind!? Am I the only one who thought FF12 shouldn't have even had the FF Name?
    Am I Among Friends? *sob*
    The classic turn-based FF style is great, but, give some credit to FF XII for try something new.

The graphics and sound are great, all spells and stuff is there, and you can customize you characters. That's pretty cool.

Thanks

Anything made by Activision should just stop.

I can't think of a single series that they extort for money that I actually play. CoD, Tony Hawk, WoW, Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, etc.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jpad View Post
    What the...? Cod, Halo and Guitar Hero are awesome games and they are some of the best game series!
    Matter of opinions. I despise Halo and GH, and only play Black Ops when I know my buddies are going to be online and I can join a session. I would not lament the death of the series.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jpad View Post
    Gotta agree... I think Tomba should get another shot, FF7 for PS1 was da bomb! (run it on my PC all the time ), halo's fine (I guess), too much goddamn 6 year olds on it... Any Soul Reaver fans? Meh, pokemon's okay, I've never cared much for it... GOW is pretty good (too gory for me), rock band totally outsells GH, the beatles and green day were their best options... Mario and Sonic are going too far too fast... they should resort to classics like everyone else unless they have better ideas, and (*sigh*) Call of Duty Black Ops... the new map pack looks promising, to a point at most. The overall multiplayer is fluid at times, and zombies is badass. Oh, and Doom (& friends! ). Doom 3 is so retarded, doom 2 and 1 are ftw! Anyone play ZDaemon (multiplayer Doom)?

There you have it, if you don't like it, then fine. Just don't go overboard on angry replies!

Thanks

Halo was fun. Halo 2 was less fun. Halo 3 was slightly more fun than 2. ODST was kinda neat. Never played Reach, but it looks fairly definitive. After all that? Please just let it die before it gets more fanboys and trolls attached to it.

Also, Gears of War, please do stop now. Looking at your grays browns and worn out reds just make my eyes want to shoot themselves out of boredom. I feel much the same myself after the first hour straight of "peekaboo with locusts".

I actually believe that Silent Hill should never die. It gives a feeling of dread that is rarely achieved in horror games outside the series. It seems most horror games go the route of RE5 these days, with more action than horror, and more gore than actual fear.

Even if Silent Hill dies, the idea should never die.