Thread: Dreamcast Chankast Not Working

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Dreamcast Chankast Not Working

I would have made a more specific title but honestly it's one thing after the other so I figured a general title would better fit the situation.

I'm trying to run RE:CV on Chankast to help Tan out with one of his LPs and it took me a while but I finally got past that damn "no bios file found" error, but then it just gave me anew error and I've been trying and can't get it resolved. I've gone to chanka, read all the faqs here, and simply dicked around for a good while. I have the specs to run it with no problem, I've gotten the bios files, game ISOs, everything I need to run it, it just refuses to work. I'll post a screenshot here and se what you guys can help with.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would forget Chankast and try out NullDC instead, admitedly not tested RE:CV in it but I could do that in the morning, I uploaded compatable bios images already today in another thread in this section.

I actually only have the emu's for testing, I own a dreamcast and never looked at emulating the machine for playing

Chankast also has a bug in RE:CV that prevents you from complating part of the 2nd CD (the lion head statue/eye jem puzzle) from what I remember, I hacked a save wat back to bypass it for someone.

I'm shutting down and off to bed for now though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I would forget Chankast and try out NullDC instead, admitedly not tested RE:CV in it but I could do that in the morning, I uploaded compatable bios images already today in another thread in this section.

I actually only have the emu's for testing, I own a dreamcast and never looked at emulating the machine for playing

Chankast also has a bug in RE:CV that prevents you from complating part of the 2nd CD (the lion head statue/eye jem puzzle) from what I remember, I hacked a save wat back to bypass it for someone.

I'm shutting down and off to bed for now though
    I'll check out Null thanks. And yeah, I got the bioses from your upload. Thanks Zorlon, if the problem persists I'll figure out how to record my DC on my tv.

EDIT: I switched to NullDC and it's working although the video seems a bit odd. It may be due to my mom's computer not having proper drivers and such, when I get home I'll post an update about how well NullDC works on my PC.
    Thanks Zorlon, you're super helpful as always.
    Last edited by Corey; 28th-April-2011 at 22:00.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I use something called ezcap to record consoles it's cheap and it works great

It's a USB device for recording AV or S.Video via a PC

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey Zorlon, it's a bit much to request, but would you be willing to see if you can get RE:CV to run on NullDC? I thought I had it going pretty well until I tried aiming and some other stuff was off. If you do, could you tell me how to configure it?
    For reference, here's a recording I made and you can see a few minutes how terrible it's running. You can see through Steve's Head as well as something going very, very wrong with the targeting.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My laptops are dead, can't do anything at the moment... sorry

Using a very very very old desktop for now

Lost everything the hdd on my main laptop died last night, it's not recoverable

My other laptop's bios was screwed anyway so was just a mater of time (hdd can't be used in my main laptop either )
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-May-2011 at 08:29.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]