Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Games You Wish You'd Finished

Thanks

Default Games You Wish You'd Finished

Simple. Post a game you regret quitting or feel like you should go back and finish.

For me it's... way too many games, but for now I'll say FF9.

Got to disc 2 and just kind of stopped playing. Sucks.

I really should go back and finish it.
    Last edited by Shareware; 22nd-April-2011 at 07:30.

Thanks

Grandia. I have just one more stage to go. I think I burned myself out on it because I spent so much extra time in the tower powering up my characters. Then I wasn't satisfied until I got Feena's final attack.... which took WEEKS of grinding to get.

........ Maybe I should finish it. Been taking a 2 month break from it. Then i'll go back to playing that buggy ass english version of der langrisser. Damn thing freezes every 5 minutes!

Thanks

Another one is Suikoden.

I barely got started, really and since I put it down for so long, picking it up again is a pain, since there's no place to go to find out what the hell I'm supposed to do next.

Happens constantly with RPGs for me. I play it, I put it down for two weeks, I come back, and I don't remember where in the game I am.

Thanks

I didn't used to be like that. When I was a kid, I didn't have many games. And there was no internet to download games from. So I only played a handful of games at a time. Actually, I would pretty much 99% of the time stay on one game until I finished it. Especially rpg's. As I got older, I eventually bought 100 PS2 games and started skipping around with playing them. Play a bit here.... stop. Pick a new one and start with that one.... and maybe go back to the first one later. Like.... 8 months later!

It takes away from the experience. I should really break that habbit and stop that! It only got worse after I learned how to download!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I somewhat regret never finishing Fallout 3, 'cause from what I hear it's an amazing game and a really cool story.

But goddamn if I can bring myself to play it again. I just thinking about it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I somewhat regret never finishing Fallout 3, 'cause from what I hear it's an amazing game and a really cool story.

But goddamn if I can bring myself to play it again. I just thinking about it.
    PC or Console? if its the pc one maybe you can spice it up with some mods

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    PC or Console? if its the pc one maybe you can spice it up with some mods
    I don't play PC games. And it wasn't the story I found boring, it was the game itself. I'm not a huge fan of sandbox games, and I didn't really like the semi-RPG/FPS fighting style. At all. In fact, I hated it. So unless there is a mod that will let me play the game like DOOM, then something tells me no amount of mods is going to save this experience for me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Probably Final Fantasy 6. I actually dropped it rather early in the story and never went back to it. There's a few more, like Shadow Hearts 3, Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song, Arc Rise Fantasia, and Tales of Rebirth, but they're all games I'm definitely planning to finish in the future because they're awesome.

I guess I should mention Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled as well. The game was kind of a frustrating mess, but I just wanted to see how the story unfolds. Too bad I lost my save file.

I also quit playing FFX right before the final boss. After getting killed 3 times in a row by Jecht, I just couldn't be arsed to try again. I already know how the story ends, anyway. And unlike this game, I did actually finish X-2, so I also know how it continues afterwards.

Thanks
    EP Points

Final Fantasy XII actually, I played like 14 hours of it, turned it off one day and never played it again. I still have my old save but I have no idea what the story is, and it was like 4 years ago that I stopped playing it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I suppose Final Fantasy XIII. Not because I thought it was good, because it wasn't. But more because I wanted to like it so badly that I nearly finished it. I'm in the final chapter, and simply cannot force myself to pick it up again. So while I'm still mildly curious as to how the game ends, I just can't force myself to play through that last bit.

Thanks

for me xenogears, im in the last chapter but i just idk. i just dont want to finish it. also FF VIII and FF CC, idk

Thanks
    EP Points

FFVII. Got to the half of disc 2 and stopped. I don't know, but I think I was just tired of reading, LOL. I still have the save file, but I forgot what happened before in the story, so I think I'll start it over again.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    Another one is Suikoden.

I barely got started, really and since I put it down for so long, picking it up again is a pain, since there's no place to go to find out what the hell I'm supposed to do next.

Happens constantly with RPGs for me. I play it, I put it down for two weeks, I come back, and I don't remember where in the game I am.
    If you had just recruited that old lady, she tells you.

In fact, as long as you have a base you will very rarely not know what to do in a Suikoden game. Chances are you didn't have one though, but yeah. PLAY IT.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Probably Final Fantasy 6. I actually dropped it rather early in the story and never went back to it. There's a few more, like Shadow Hearts 3, Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song, Arc Rise Fantasia, and Tales of Rebirth, but they're all games I'm definitely planning to finish in the future because they're awesome.

I guess I should mention Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled as well. The game was kind of a frustrating mess, but I just wanted to see how the story unfolds. Too bad I lost my save file.

I also quit playing FFX right before the final boss. After getting killed 3 times in a row by Jecht, I just couldn't be arsed to try again. I already know how the story ends, anyway. And unlike this game, I did actually finish X-2, so I also know how it continues afterwards.
    Random negative status at the start of battle . I have lots of DS games left unfinished, if I deleted Bangai-O from my microSD I would probably finish them .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Planescape: Torment. I got to the tower of skulls or whatever, which is apparently really close to the end, and for some dumbass reason I stopped playing and now it's two years later. SHIT