Thread: SCEA and George Hotz Settle

Thanks

Default SCEA and George Hotz Settle

Sony Computer Entertainment America (“SCEA”) and George Hotz (“Hotz”) today announced the settlement of the lawsuit filed by SCEA against Hotz in federal court in San Francisco, California. The parties reached an agreement in principle on March 31, 2011. As part of the settlement, Hotz consented to a permanent injunction.

Both parties expressed satisfaction that litigation had been quickly resolved. “Sony is glad to put this litigation behind us,” said Riley Russell, General Counsel for SCEA. “Our motivation for bringing this litigation was to protect our intellectual property and our consumers. We believe this settlement and the permanent injunction achieve this goal.”

“It was never my intention to cause any users trouble or to make piracy easier,” said Hotz, “I’m happy to have the litigation behind me.” Hotz was not involved in the recent attacks on Sony’s internet services and websites.
    Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...rge-hotz-case/

Thanks
    EP Points

At least that's one chapter closed in this whole affair, but we'll be seeing fallout from it for a while yet, I would suspect.

Thanks

I actually feel bad for Hotz. He's getting badgered by people because he didn't (as far as we know) didn't fight for OtherOS etc. Half the fucks complaining wouldn't do shit. So since he settled with SONY all they can do is run their mouths while cowering behind their computer desk.