Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fox News Says Bulletstorm Could Make You a Rapist

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    Doesn't matter what you do, they'll do it anyway if they want to.

Then, you kill them~
    Hey, whatever works, man.

Thanks

Doesn't matter what you do, they'll do it anyway if they want to.
    Thank You!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf the Knight View Post
    Thank You!
    Not really, though!
    Not going to say parents are to be blamed for everything, but when something happens under your roof, you're responsible. When our parents didn't want us doing something, they made sure it didn't happen. They were strict, but it didn't kill us. I don't buy the whole "herp derp can't help it if my kids watch TV or play games I don't want them to".

Thanks

Not really, though!
    Not going to say parents are to be blamed for everything, but when something happens under your roof, you're responsible. When our parents didn't want us doing something, they made sure it didn't happen. They were strict, but it didn't kill us. I don't buy the whole "herp derp can't help it if my kids watch TV or play games I don't want them to".
    These are different times. I don't care if your parents try hard to stop you, your going to do it anyways. its that simple.
    I agree that parents are somewhat to blame, but putting the blame solely on parents isn't fair either considering the fact that kids can get away with anything they want now. Humane activist have made it impossible to discipline kids and that's why they think they are invincible, can do whatever they want to who ever they want. Its not rocket science dude, it doesn't have to happen in your house or under your roof. It can happen anywhere.

Thanks

These are different times. I don't care if your parents try hard to stop you, your going to do it anyways. its that simple.
    I agree that parents are somewhat to blame, but putting the blame solely on parents isn't fair either considering the fact that kids can get away with anything they want now. Humane activist have made it impossible to discipline kids and that's why they think they are invincible, can do whatever they want to who ever they want. Its not rocket science dude, it doesn't have to happen in your house or under your roof. It can happen anywhere.
    So now that we've established that children are completely above the law, several questions need answering.

1. Why are violent video games bad?

2. How do you make mature video games without having kids that want to play them. (if they don't want to play them, they won't.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    So now that we've established that children are completely above the law, several questions need answering.

1. Why are violent video games bad?

2. How do you make mature video games without having kids that want to play them. (if they don't want to play them, they won't.)
    I suppose its a matter of who is playing the game. Most children will act it out regardless of what you think because the younger generation is totally obsessed with violence. I'm not saying kids are going to shoot someone for it, but most kids under 19 talk about three things.

1) Who they want to fight.

2) The petty reason they want to fight.

3) and Women/Men

So in the end its a futile effort, we may as well make the most violent and ignorant shit out there, because these kids are already screwed. You can't blame parents because times are different.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

To be honest guys, look up Dr. Frederic Wertham. It's just history repeating itself.

Thanks
    EP Points

I suppose its a matter of who is playing the game. Most children will act it out regardless of what you think because the younger generation is totally obsessed with violence. I'm not saying kids are going to shoot someone for it, but most kids under 19 talk about three things.

1) Who they want to fight.

2) The petty reason they want to fight.

3) and Women/Men

So in the end its a futile effort, we may as well make the most violent and ignorant shit out there, because these kids are already screwed. You can't blame parents because times are different.
    And this is new how? To be perfectly honest, I rather suspect that EVERY generation's had their swaggering machismo kids. They're not the whole of a generation, and it's certainly nothing that's never been seen before. It's called boasting. It happens. It will keep happening whether parents are allowed to give their kids a correcting slap or not. I'm not saying that the current generation doesn't have its issues, but don't treat common issues as if it's something completely unique to this generation. Is it worse? Possibly, though I'm no judge. Is it new? Hell no.

Thanks

You have to think of the source. It's Faux Noise, so these types of falsehoods are to be expected.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasharus View Post
    And this is new how? To be perfectly honest, I rather suspect that EVERY generation's had their swaggering machismo kids. They're not the whole of a generation, and it's certainly nothing that's never been seen before. It's called boasting. It happens. It will keep happening whether parents are allowed to give their kids a correcting slap or not. I'm not saying that the current generation doesn't have its issues, but don't treat common issues as if it's something completely unique to this generation. Is it worse? Possibly, though I'm no judge. Is it new? Hell no.
    Must be new to Lee.
    Other than that every generation had its screw ups, but the youngest generation is fucking everything up beyond repair. Just like how people blame G. Bush for Iraq, but one man didn't send us to war, it was the people that voted and paid for it.

Thanks

Must be new to Lee.
    Other than that every generation had its screw ups, but the youngest generation is fucking everything up beyond repair. Just like how people blame G. Bush for Iraq, but one man didn't send us to war, it was the people that voted and paid for it.
    George Bush is the kid, we are the parent, refer to your previous argument.

Also, I was trying to argue that violent video games aren't bad, and it's not the responsibility of video game companies to make neutered games.

But at the same time, it's not the responsibility of the game company to rate their games, that falls on the ESRB.

The Rating's system is the one in place, and if you think that isn't working, thats a different story.

My whole deal, is that games companies shouldn't be "censored" because a few mothers take offense.
    Last edited by Lee; 10th-February-2011 at 02:18.

Thanks

Its all the same shit, personally I don't see why anyone cares anymore.

Thanks

sometimes you have to look at it from the teens point of view. myself, being 14 years old, would know what goes on inside a child my ages head more then a psychiatrist or faux news or even my own parents. to be honest, you have to split the blame up into two. the first half is the kids, who will try and get anything they want because they think that they are greater than everyone. the other half is with the parents, who probably weren`t strict enough when they were 3-7 years of age, letting the child think that they are above everything. i was lucky, i had strict, but fun and nice parents, so now they can be a little more leanient now in my life, but then you have a kid who lives down the road from me, same age, who gets a friend to steal games, alcohol, etc. and unfortunatly, i think many children of my generation is going to end up like that. to be honest, you cant blame everything on one single thing(unless your talking about fox news.) there will always be instigators and victims who also started the crime. you just have to get over it.
    I can't believe I got the admins to give me a Sesame Street username.

Thanks
    EP Points

fucking hate the news

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    fucking hate the news
    yup i agree.
    I can't believe I got the admins to give me a Sesame Street username.