Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3DS has been announced for march 17th at $249.99

Thanks
    EP Points

Default 3DS has been announced for march 17th at $249.99

http://www.gamestop.com/3DS#&loc=hom...m_campaign=3ds

its actually pretty cheap, but is it worth it with its 3 hr battery life? (and supposedly eye health risks)

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    http://www.gamestop.com/3DS#&loc=hom...m_campaign=3ds

its actually pretty cheap, but is it worth it with its 3 hr battery life? (and supposedly eye health risks)
    I think it's worth it. The price is reasonable, since it's such a new way to play games without needing 3D-glasses. The battery life is between three and five hours after a single charge. The time to charge is said to be three and a half hours so it's okey. With the new thing's this new DS consoll can do I bet it will be worth it

I can't wait to get one!
    Last edited by Jpad; 20th-January-2011 at 13:30.

Currently playing:

GoldenEye 007 on Nintendo Wii
    Call of Duty: Black Ops on Xbox 360
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent on PC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jpad View Post
    I think it's worth it. The price is reasonable, since it's such a new way to play games without needing 3D-glasses. The battery life is between three and five hours after a single charge. The time to charge is said to be three and a half hours so it's okey. With the new thing's this new DS consoll can do I bet it will be worth it

I can't wait to get one!
    I can wait. This handheld is something I want to try before I play. I hate this new 3D fad and am going to be very wary with it. At the same time, we'll end up hearing about a 3DSi Lite XL before the 3DS even has a price drop I think its best to wait.

Thanks
    EP Points

Overall, I don't think it's worth it. What is boosting the price so much? The 3d. What is reducing the battery life? The 3d. What will give you a headache almost as fast as the Virtual boy? The 3d. Overall, negative things that we don't need, boost the price to Xbox 360 levels and with the battery life so little, it loses any portability it could have because you will constantly have it plugged in. Therefore, you might as well buy a console. Of course you could also buy a psp or ds and get your portability (more so the ds, but even the psp has a larger life and it reads discs. Overall it is not cost efficient.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks

remember it is a 3D slide on the right side, so you can turn off the 3D effect

Currently playing:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jpad View Post
    remember it is a 3D slide on the right side, so you can turn off the 3D effect
    Really? Well I'll be damned, if I ever do get one, I'll probably NEVER turn the 3D on, I just don't care for it. I'll be more than happy playing Ocarina of Time (regardless of 3D) anywhere I want... FINALLY!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha2zulu View Post
    Really? Well I'll be damned, if I ever do get one, I'll probably NEVER turn the 3D on, I just don't care for it. I'll be more than happy playing Ocarina of Time (regardless of 3D) anywhere I want... FINALLY!
    that is true. I am happy about that to but since the Nintendo 3Ds got so good response by people who tried it, I think it will be good!

Currently playing:

Thanks
    EP Points

Better bring your charger and try to stay no more than a few feet from a power outlet. And even if there was a slider to turn off 3d it's still obvious it raised the price by at least $50. Surely they could have put a good battery that lasted longer couldn't they?

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Heer View Post
    Better bring your charger and try to stay no more than a few feet from a power outlet. And even if there was a slider to turn off 3d it's still obvious it raised the price by at least $50. Surely they could have put a good battery that lasted longer couldn't they?
    Ofc

Currently playing:

Thanks
    EP Points

Personally I'm going to go with "I'll wait it out for a while". 3D is all fine and good, but as someone with very light eye problems (light near-sightedness), I can tell you that 3D is a bit of a bitch

Perhaps the 3Ds will do things differently, but if I go to a 3D film at the cinema's, I always leave with a pounding headache due to the eyestrain, so I've given up on the whole 3D thing. Maybe the 3Ds has better tech and won't cause the headaches, but given earlier news on eyestrain-related headaches, etc, I think I'll give this one a miss for a while, especially at a $250 price-tag.

And it has a slider to turn off the 3D for those who don't want the 3D? Doesn't that sort of defeat the whole purpose of owning one of the daft things? All you'll then be buying are DS games with a higher price-tag because they have unwanted 3D

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm waiting around for a price drop before I bother with this. I'll definitely have the 3D off all the time, screw the eye pain . The 3DS has a considerable boost from the DS in terms of graphical power.
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 20th-January-2011 at 17:25.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

im still decidng... i REALLY want MML3

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

i'm going to wait and see if a game i actually like comes out for it. i hope they will still make games for the regular ds seeing as how alot of people will wait on it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    im still decidng... i REALLY want MML3
    MML3?

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If its true that It can only be played in 3 hours. What about the PSP2, they said it will be as powerful as PS3 in terms of graphics. Hmmm 5 mins?

Please visit my blog
    Sorry for my bad English