Thread: Gamecu8be games o nthe wii via USB loader from HD?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Gamecu8be games o nthe wii via USB loader from HD?

Hello,

I was wondering if you can boot gamecube games via the hard drive on the wii like you can do for wii games? Is this possible?

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

I haven't kept up with the Wii mod scene, but last time I checked, you couldn't boot Gamecube games from HDD on a softmodded Wii. You can boot them using a Wode.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

not with a soft mod, just Wode as of yet: http://www.wiihacks.com/wiihacks-new...a-usb-hdd.html

Thanks
    EP Points

I have an old GC channel already that works fine for the games I have. Is wode the latest in GC channels? and does it expand game compatibility?

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

The Wode is a hard mod. It allows to to play most Wii and Gamecube games, but not all IIRC.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are GC softmods for the wii that last time I played round with worked just great... actually I have my official disc channel modded to play backups directly of both wii and GC though I wouldn't recomend it, just use a GC loader channel softmod, never did find an unbootable game but not the biggest GC gamer either so there may be a few games with issues

Thats still a no to GC games running from HDD though on a pure softmodded Wii

P.S. the GC games can be burned on full size DVD media though so there is no need to pull out any extra cash for mini DVD-R's
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-January-2011 at 14:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if you can boot gamecube games via the hard drive on the wii like you can do for wii games? Is this possible?
    I like to hardmod my consoles then play back-ups on DVDs myself, you could do this w/ NGC by adjusting/tweaking your lazer's pot (so you don't f*ck up your lazer) . Then buy action replay or SD media launcher so you can run dols like GCoS or SDloader. Then burn the game on a mini DVD after using Wiped GCM Fixer 1.5 to get the image down to 1.5 GB.

Nintendo scene has lots of guides in their Wiki on how to mod you NGC here if your interested: Link
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    I like to hardmod my consoles then play back-ups on DVDs myself, you could do this w/ NGC by adjusting/tweaking your lazer's pot (so you don't f*ck up your lazer) . Then buy action replay or SD media launcher so you can run dols like GCoS or SDloader. Then burn the game on a mini DVD after using Wiped GCM Fixer 1.5 to get the image down to 1.5 GB.

Nintendo scene has lots of guides in their Wiki on how to mod you NGC here if your interested: Link
    Not all GC Action Replays work on the Wii and Ktiger41 is talking about the Wii although GCoS was/is good the Wii can handle burned GC games fine without GCoS, without needing mini DVD's and without pot adjusting providing a softmod is correctly installed and a good channel/homebrew channel prog is used to run GC based software

P.S. GCoS is a softmod for the NGC, used this myself for a long while and also surved me very well, installed on original memcard via phantasy star online then later used/installed via an action replay lastly via a max drive pro, in the end went with my Wii and left my Cube in a box packed away and not missed it

Unfortionatly still no softmod method of running from an external usb drive rather than DVD

Guessing you simply miss read the post as your post was good if Ktiger41 was using a GameCube
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-January-2011 at 10:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

A link to the latest GC channel wouldn't hurt though, because I'm pretty sure mine is out of date. I deleted it anyway.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will have a look for you very out of date myself, been out of the scene for a few years now but I guess I'm fast enough to find it for you

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Gamecub...atibility_List
    http://gbatemp.net/t220305-neogamma-r9-channels

the later has a wad version, previous is the homebrew channel

have fun
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-January-2011 at 16:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: