Thread: Archive Types and How to Handle Them

Threaded View

Thanks

Need a hand here. I've downloaded a few files, and they're mostly named something like this game.part1.rar , game.part2.rar, game.part3.rar, game.part4.rar when I've downloaded the all the files related to the rom(s) in question. I extract the first file (game.part1.rar for bad example) and extract it (using 7-zip) to a folder I created to store said files. The first game.part1.rar file extracted into the folder is game.iso. Now I open up the second file named game.part2.rar and try to extract it, however it is named the exact same thing (game.iso) and I'm prompted to wether or not I want replace the existing file with the new one. Should I be renaming these files or something? Also, could the 7-zip program just be smarter than me (wouldn't be too far fetched, seriously) in that it already IS combining these .rar files for me? I ask that because it seems strange that each and every one of the files (of the set) is now containing the combined size of all the files put together into a single .iso.
    Last edited by SSG_K; 16th-October-2011 at 20:12. Reason: added information