Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Emuparadise Forum Awards 2010 (HD REMIX EDITION) (Results Posted!)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't piss him off bro.

He'll post your face.

ON THE INTERNET.

Possibly attached to SA-X's nuts.

Thanks
    EP Points

Bullet 'I have a potty mouth'? Just noticed this in Corey's post.

Censoring is so 2008. It is also quite silly. I mean, we're all adults here. Most of us, anyway.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ivolt View Post
    Don't piss him off bro.

He'll post your face.

ON THE INTERNET.

Possibly attached to SA-X's nuts.
    Can't be mean to everyone just to punish him.

Thanks
    EP Points

Heh guess I didnt have much of an impact this year or the past 5 years o 3o Man I should be like Snake, I dont get spotted and only go ! when I get an pm.
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright, so I'm willing to count all the votes and write the usual commentary. It seems like fun, and I have some time to kill.

Since I haven't actually started yet, if anyone else (read: Elmdor) is dying to do this, let me know. I don't wanna steal anyone's spotlight.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I forgot about this thread with the forum crash. I wonder who will win ?
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 31st-December-2010 at 17:36.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I went in and changed a couple of my votes.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Heh guess I didnt have much of an impact this year or the past 5 years o 3o Man I should be like Snake, I dont get spotted and only go ! when I get an pm.
    Did you use to have another name? Uh... Er... something, maybe? If so, I thought about you recently. If not, err, oops!

Go, Gare, Go!

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright, I'll start working on it, so, uh, try not to change your votes now! Drageuth was quick enough so it doesn't count.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, no, I'm making a new post! Don't count my first votes.

Sorrrrrry.

Thanks
    EP Points

I did the first few people last night just to see how long it takes to do this, and guess whose post I stopped at to take a break?

In other words, you're super lucky.

Thanks
    EP Points

Edit: Err, I knew that. <3

So, I'm gonna change some of my votes, and fill this in properly.

Go!

Spoiler warning:

Favourite newcomer: That guy. With the, hm, there's a face in his avatar. It might be moving. Is he wearing an eye-patch? Do I even like him? You know the one.
    Favourite admin: Urgh. Crusher, Cookies and Tan. (I don't like leaving out Jack, Panda and even Sprung but I don't wanna say more than three). I really like MasJ too though.
    Favourite Super-Moderator: Do we have any SMODS? Fer!
    Favourite moderator: Ed and Strongbad.
    Favourite RetroD00d!: Gare, Necro, Screwed and MoG. Norway is where it's at, I've heard. Oh, and Cosmic is a retrod00d now!
    The favourite Regular Forumer: Um, no idea? Kermit? Plastic Jesus, maybe.
    The least favourite forumer: I actually don't know.
    Funniest forumer: Cosmic, without doubt. The man just opens his mouth and shoots out cosmic missiles of humorous awesomeness. Only this is a text-based message board, and I never actually listened to anybody's voice. Then there's Ed, who I always forget about for this category due to his overwhelming niceness. And if it wasn't for him there would only be on person on EPforums laughing at my shoddy football jokes. Me.
    Smartest forumer: Mistral. DunDunDun.
    The dumbest forumer: Lizard.
    Most helpful member: Tan, Ragnar and Cookie.
    Most respected member:
    Nicest forumer: Ed and Tan. Seriously, best human beings ever.
    Hottest member: Daniel Negreanu.
    Most spammy forumer: Luffy maybe? Dunno.
    Most missed forumer: Skinner, Seggy, Ru, Toto, Garnet, CCDART, Paul Miller, Darth, Buckethead, Strongbad with peeps, Brit, Lydia and, well, a bunch of others. Heck, Cheezy too.
    Least missed forumer: Pirates, perhaps.
    Best thread starter: Gare and Cosmic.
    Worst thread starter: Lizard and Luffy.
    The most shocking EP moment of 2010: Skinner, Drags and Seggy returning.
    The favourite moment of 2010: See above. Also, crusher taking his pinecone license.
    The least favourite moment of 2010: Some stuff I'd rather not mention. Oh, and the rollback messing up my skin buttons and the freaking BLARG-related topic. Gone forever.
    Best thread of the year: Well, they're gone now. This one!
    Worst thread of the year: this one
    The member most deserving of a mention, without getting one: Jack, Panda, Sprung, Ray, MasJ, Gary, Ivolt and a bunch of others probably. Cookie should've gotten more mentions.
    Best Drunko of the year:
    Favourite Avatar: Heck, my nazi one. I love it.
    Favourite Signature: My nazi one. I totally love it.
    Favourite Skin: The awesome skin.
    The guy who's never offline:
    Best smilie:
    Worst Smilie (Yes, it gets removed! At least that's what Elmdor said!): BRB, if it's still around.
    Favourite overall forumer (MOTY): crusher, Ed and Cosmic.
    Favourite LP: Zombies ate.

Thanks
    EP Points

Gone! At the speed of light, even. Gonna wrap this up quickly so I can go watch a few movies in peace.

Edit: That, of course, doesn't mean that it won't be a quality post made with love and affection. The internet is srs biz, dammit.

Edit 2: I've finished counting the votes. DON'T YOU DARE CHANGE YOUR VOTES NOW.
    Last edited by Gare; 1st-January-2011 at 16:01.

Thanks
    EP Points

Semi-important: Ivolt (or anyone else), please post a link to this in the first post, so that people of future generations who will eventually discover this thread can also see the results. Thanks!

ANYWAY, IT'S TIME. The votes have all been counted by your friendly neighbourhood European superhuman, thanks to the wonders of Google cache and Ivolt. But mostly Ivolt. Many thanks.

In any case, even though I counted every vote individually, this time I won't include the number of votes next to a member's name like it was during our 2009 contest. Love cannot be measured by numbers!

Alright, corny intro out of the way, let's get down to business. Oh, and to maintain the consistency of the whole post, I'll have to write about myself in third person. Yeah, uh, just don't think too much about it.

Favourite Newcomer: I think it comes as no huge surprise that Quiji won this one, with the super cool DevilandtheSea fighting her way to claim second place. Getting liked on EP isn't rocket science, guys - be polite, fun to talk to, don't be a douche and maybe visit the Hangout now and then! Other newbies deserving of a mention include Prude and Kermit, although I honestly have no idea who the latter is, aside from "that guy who got prank'd by the fake Banned". Oh well!

Favourite Admin: Alright, let's be honest here - we all expected Cookie Monster to get the majority of the votes, and guess what, that's exactly what happened! He totally deserved it, though, being the wonderful blue furry creature that he is. Anyway, the friendliest guy on the planet, Tanthias also got a decent amount of votes, and so did the amazing Elmdor. Sprung, Jackhammer and crusher also deserve mentions for being overall awesome dudes.

Favourite Super-Moderator: Well, this one's pretty interesting. And by interesting, I mean hilariously one-sided. Anyway, every single one of you voted for Fer and/or Inferno, mostly because THEY'RE THE ONLY ACTIVE SMODS WE HAVE. What a surprise!

Favourite Moderator: Our lovely moderator, Milady, connoisseur of all things related to Spyro and Bulbasaur, claimed the #1 spot here. Ray came very close, though, while Synthetik and Ed also managed to collect a respectable amount of votes.

Favourite RetroD00d!: The trio of extraordinary gentlemen to win this one consist of Evans, Ivolt and Gare. There's also Cosmic, who has semi-recently joined the Retro club, Tassadar, who really should've gotten more votes because he's aweome and intelligent, and Drageuth, who shocked everyone with his return, and the fact that he's generally a really nice dude. Special mentions go to MoG, screwed and Zaladane!

Favourite Regular Forumer: Jazzmarazz got most of the votes here, so congrats to him and his spicy wolfiness, even though he's stopped using that theme ages ago. But I can't help being a fanboy. Anyway, other awesome regular EP members include Prude, Quiji and Rasgrez.

Least Favourite Forumer: Bayer/ManCannon received the most hate in this category, with GarrenDesares getting a mention or two as well. Get your act together, Garren! I'd say something to Bayer as well, but I doubt he's gonna read it, being banned and all that. He's still banned, right?

Funniest Forumer: The friendly neighbourhood Englishman, Cosmic, got an insane amount of votes here, and we all know why. We shall fear the wrath of the COMODO archdemon till the end of times, but at the same time get many a chuckle out of Cosmic's rendition of everyone's favourite crazy post. Second and third places go to Ray and Evans, respectively, for being hilarious, classy gentlemen. Oh, and the sex jokes. Those, too. I feel I must mention Ivolt as well, because RAAAAGE has never been so delicious.

Smartest Forumer: Like almost every year since the extinction of dinosaurs, Mistral has won this category once again, even though he really should acquire one of those calendar things. Tsk tsk tsk, Mistral. Our runners-up are Ray, who is actually a lot more intelligent than one might think after a quick glance, and Hypnos, the brilliant dark knight of Let's Play-fame, hailing from the lands Australia. Evans got a decent amount of votes as well, and now that I think about it, I regret not voting for him in this category. He deserves it!

Dumbest Forumer: BlackCitadel[random number] is our champion of dullness here, although I've never actually read a single post by the guy. Many people seem to be really annoyed with him, though, so I'll take your collective words for it! Special mention goes to Crosshatch, Bayer and "the COMODO guy" - although he should thank Cosmic for making him e-famous. Since he was banned (and now lost in the eternal limbo that is the rollback), I'll do it in his stead: thanks, Cosmic!

Most Helpful Member: Our most helpful member is, without a doubt, the ever-friendly Tanthias, with Cookie Monster and Ray both crossing the finish line a little bit after him in our imaginary race of e-fame, getting second place. Inferno and Ragnar both deserve mentions for helping out when they can.

Most Respected Member: Two members stand out here: Cookie Monster, the blue creature of eternal knowledge and MasJ, founder of our little e-haven and a father to us all. Make sure to thank him for making all of this happen, especially after the recent server crash. Ed got a number of votes as well, and because he's just insanely amazing, I'm gonna mention him.

Nicest Forumer: The two members who more or less received 50-50% of the total votes are Tanthias and Ed. Never has a nicer person walked the earth than these two! They both absolutely deserve it - when they get really mad at someone, hell freezes over. Although I'm guessing it must've been pretty cold down there during the Akuma incident.

Hottest Member: Not too many people answered this, but even still, to no one's surprise, our female members, Milady and Prude got the most votes in this category. Many people forgot about Brightside, mostly because she hasn't posted in ages as far as I know. EGGO, Elmdor and Evans all deserve a mention as well. Continue being sizzling hot, all of you.

Most Spammy Forumer: Most people nomiated Bayer here, and I can't say I'm entierly surprised - others include Luffy (though I'm not sure if that's his actual username) and deadlegion with his continuous farting.

Most Missed Forumer: I'm not even going to try to determine a winner here, since dozens of amazing people were mentioned. I'll just post a tribute of sorts to all those great minds who left us. *single manly tear* NEVER FORGET.

Spoiler warning:
    BORLY wacko Craig/Dino, Dan, Cyberxion, Clive, Gnafu, polobunny, Skinner, SegNin, Ru/Roux, Jimmy Onestroke, Litbolt, Toto, Garnet, CCDART, Paul Miller, Buckethead, Strongbad, Brit, Lydia, Cheezy (to some people), Bayer (again, to some people ), Dave, Seraphis Cain, DelBoy, Strongbad, SA-X, SHIBBYGUY, Blaargmonster, Deach, Hangman, Brightside, Ton, Zeik, NightFall Z, pkt-zero, Dark Magician, Shadow X, Joe, Schutzy, Mason, Xena, Darth, vlame, Sage of Time, Slim, mushindo, Nitramuse and probably many, many more.

Least Missed Forumer: The unholy triumvirate of this category is Bayer, Master Chen and Cheezymadman, although Akuma and Pirates were also mentioned. The Lord of Napkins was recently banned, and our resident crazy Russian pr0gamer left to due personal issues. And Cheezy trolling the shit out of him, IIRC. Too bad he's also part of the banned triumvirate now. Hilarious how things work out sometimes!

Best Thread Starter: The superheroes of this category are Elmdor and Gare, the former for being the Midas of the forums, turning everything he touches into absolute golden gold, and the latter because... well, apparently you guys liked my threads in General Gaming. Thanks!

Worst Thread Starter: There's no clear winner here - it's rather a tie between BlackCitadel, Lizard, Crosshatch, GarrenDesares and Luffy. Oh, and that guy who started the infamous "FF7 clusterfuck" thread. I wish I could write a longer comment here, but I don't spend too much time in shitty threads. In any case: tsk tsk, you guys.

The Most Shocking EP Moment of 2010: Everyone wrote something different here, but the stuff most of you mentioned was the return of awesome oldschool members, mostly Drageuth, SegNin and Skinner. Roux needs to follow their glorious examples! Oh, and Cheezy getting banned.

The Favourite EP Moment of 2010: Again, almost everyone wrote something different here, but the two things that really stood out are Cosmic's rendition of the COMODO post and yeah, you guessed it, Cheezy getting banned. Because we're mean. And there was this hilarious comment about Chen getting hit by a car. Gotta love Milady.

The Least Favourite Moment of 2010: In light of recent events, I think we can easily conclude that the absolute champion here is the forum rollback of 2010, in which we hopped into our DeLoreans and sped up to 88 mph, travelling all the way back to the beginning of 2008. Great Scott!

Best Thread of The Year: Many awesome threads were mentioned here! We compared our favourite games, played games for everyone else to see while we commentated, posted pics of our cats and plushies, created hilarious audio clips and rooted for our favourites during the World Cup. In no particular order: The "Post your voice!" thread in Retro, everyone's LP threads, the Pet Out/Post Your Pets, Question Yourself: Gaming in 2010, Milady's plushie thread, the legendary COMODO thread, Post your home, World Cup 2010, EP Graphology/Post Your Handwriting in Retro, and the Inferno drinking game.

Worst Thread of The Year: A number of you mentioned the whole FF7 discussion thread, and I don't blame you. There was also this thread where we compared old and modern gaming. And that's all I'm saying - shitty threads deserve no more attention.

The member most deserving of a mention, without getting one: Everyone mentioned different people - members who were actually were mentioned on other members's lists. So, uh yeah. There's no winner here! Be glad.

Best Drunko of The Year: A number of you who still remember the good old days mentioned Theo and his drunken posts, as well as Steve, but in the end, Borman gained most of the votes. I... I think I've missed something here, because I don't really remember seeing him on the forums. Not recently, anyway. I definitely missed something.

Favourite Avatar: It's somewhat of a tie between Milady and Gare in this category. I, too, was greatly pleased by her new White Mage theme, and I can safely say it deserved all the votes it got. As for myself - it seems like Luna from Vanguard Princess mesmerized most of you. Mission accomplished! Special mention: Quiji, for managing to sport quite a few nice avatars during his stay here.

Favourite Signature: On the signature front, Gare managed to acquire the largest amount of approvals. Gotta love Xenoblade. Evans comes in second with his signatures that are always a pleasure to look at, and special mentions go to Quiji and Rasgrez for similar reasons.

Favourite Skin: No big surprises here - most of you use the Default VB3 skin, but Elmdor's Awesome Skin and Blu Hydra were also the favourites among quite a number of members. Nothing can beat the standard EP colours. Not even Elmdor's pinkness, it seems.

The guy who's never offline: Many of you didn't answer this, but the few of you who did mentioned Tanthias and Inferno. Though I'm not really online enough to confirm this.

Best Smilie: Since the posts were copy-pasted from Google's cache, and many of you simply posted the smiley you were thinking of, a lot of your votes were lost. So I'll just assume you all love the almighty smiley. Though I'm guessing many cute purple ones were also mentioned (hi Ed!), along with a dinosaur of bulbas and a purple dragon.

Worst Smilie: Same as above, except I don't really know which ones are the absolute shittiest, so I can't even make an educated guess.

Favourite Overall Forumer: The members that were mentioned most often were Milady, Ed and Gare, but since you are all amazing, I feel like listing everyone who were awesome enough to be nominated: crusher, Cosmic, Elmdor, Evans, Quiji, Tan, Cookie Monster, Synthetik, Prude, Ray. Congrats to everyone!

Favourite LP: Ray's and Tan's collaboration gave birth to our winner here, the Zombies Ate My Neighbours co-op LP, with a few other people mentioning Thief: Deadly Shadows (Gare), Spyro (Drageuth), Missing (Gare) and The Essence Star (multiple LPers).

And that wraps up the EP Awards of 2010 - continue being extremely sexy, and see you next year!

Although I probably won't be the one doing this next time. Doing it this once was more than enough.
    Last edited by Gare; 2nd-January-2011 at 01:08.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

YEAH I MADE IT! Im making t-shirts now.