Thread: Help with .GI files

Thanks

Default Help with .GI files

Hello again!

Well, I got 2 PS2 games from Usenet the other day. Once I got the games, I opened and extrated the archive. I saw only 1 GI file for each game, so I thought I could just mount it on a virtual cd drive, but Windows said that it wasn't a valid iso. So I went to google for help and found a tool which everyone seems to use (ZW GI to ISO). I downloaded the program, ran it, and everything looked okay...but I was shocked...

I needed more than 1 GI file for a single game. So I changed the extension of the file and of course that didn't work. Thus, i'm turning towards the ladies and gentlemen in the crowd for help. I need to find a way to convert a single GI to ISO, or a way to split a single GI file in multiple parts so I can use the program. Like for everything else I request P), i'm always researching at the same time. But right now...well...

hepl pls kthnx

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Look in the Emulator and Hardware Guides/Compatability Notes stickied thread and read the Convert to/Create a bin+cue with ISObuster guide, then like magic you will be able to create an iso that you can burn (the guide says bin+cue but for DVD's it will create an iso instead)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Like magic huh?

Thank you, everything's working fine. I should've used ISO Buster in the first place.

*hands Zorlon a A+++*