Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Playstation TOC plus LBA plus CDMage checks list How to guide

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    Thank you Xena, TheotheImpaler and Cookie Monster all your help with this project is very much appreciated
    Sure, what are internet friends for

And me busy updating that first post
    Yeah, I would do more if it wasn`t for my other project (D2 for the DC) just wait till the weekend when I get some time off work. I`ll be postin alot lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster
    Ok I'm on aboard too
    Since originals are preferred I'll start checking my PAL original games.
    Thanks Cookie

Yeah Originals are prefered, you never know for certain what your getting from the internet, though thanks to this project people will know for sure in future
    Last edited by Xena; 27th-September-2005 at 17:17.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks
    EP Points

Just a thought that has crossed my mind and not leaving, but why don't we make a sort of EP passed standard for games so any that meet the error free checks and are seen as perfect Images are marked as such? thoughts are appreciated.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not enough error checks available yet to even try and enforce that but yes that is part of the reason I thought that this was worth starting as it isn't enough just to ask for members to CDMage scan there images before hand, even though some members did start doing this I'm happy to say.

EP's own rom section still needs to be updated fully with errorless CD Images bar the few that actually are suposed to have the errors there that CDMage reports.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Not enough error checks available yet to even try and enforce that but yes that is part of the reason I thought that this was worth starting as it isn't enough just to ask for members to CDMage scan there images before hand, even though some members did start doing this I'm happy to say.

EP's own rom section still needs to be updated fully with errorless CD Images bar the few that actually are suposed to have the errors there that CDMage reports.
    I think I might try and list a few things to make a "perfect Image" but there are so many things to consider. I'm pursonally thinking of the following, see what you think

A standard file format (I'm inclined toward CDRWin as it is available in a trial format that limits you to slowest speed anyway)

a text file with instructions to burning.

The game being named in region and region code (maybe region code would be enough)

And possibly also a report like the ones on the check list, included?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

IsoBuster can create those aswell with the free version but yes bin+cue is the best format for so many reasons.

Patches all default for use with *.bin files that format is also widly used thoughout most if not all CD burning packages also it's directly compatable with ePSXe

The games code would be enough as the code also includes the region code as the 3rd letter, E-Europe U-US and P for Japan (I don't get why it's a P, though I can't claim to have looked into that either)

reports wouldn't be needed but prefered, it is a bit of pain to do with every game uploaded and I'm sure that not everyone would go for it, but mention it anyway and link the thread, if everyone did help out though it would get filled up rather quick but that isn't going to happen that quick but it may build up so alot of members are helping and in the long run we will be helping each other I hope.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

IsoBuster can create those aswell with the free version but yes bin+cue is the best format for so many reasons.

Patches all default for use with *.bin files that format is also widly used thoughout most if not all CD burning packages also it's directly compatable with ePSXe

The games code would be enough as the code also includes the region code as the 3rd letter, E-Europe U-US and P for Japan (I don't get why it's a P, though I can't claim to have looked into that either)

reports wouldn't be needed but prefered, it is a bit of pain to do with every game uploaded and I'm sure that not everyone would go for it, but mention it anyway and link the thread, if everyone did help out though it would get filled up rather quick but that isn't going to happen that quick but it may build up so alot of members are helping and in the long run we will be helping each other I hope.
    Well if it catches on I think it would be good, but as with everything there are always problems, I'm thinking of games like Megaman x3 with the protection patch, I believe that in cases like that, the patch should be included but not Pre-patched (I'll explain in a minute) and maybe a small tutorial included. I think it shouldn't be pre-patched cos I think I heard a problem before about it, and that the patch couldn't be removed or something

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It would be best to have both original and patched versions for checkable files I do know what your talking about though, the only thing is with emu's such as ePSXe you don't actually need to patch a game even if the protection normal stops play in ePSXe becuase you can put the patch in the patch folder and give the same name as the game code

at Cookie,
    I never thought about a files list being too big for a post but 5163 files is a rather large amout of files for any PSX CD

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

at Cookie,
    I never thought about a files list being too big for a post but 5163 files is a rather large amout of files for any PSX CD
    Maybe I did something wrong , let me re-do it again.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster
    Maybe I did something wrong , let me re-do it again.
    did you do it as a full path or a relative path?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I checked my original thats how many I got I never even looked at cookies file

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Yep, I did it right, the list is that big.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I didn't mention it because I thought you done it wrong, it's just I never realised there was any games with that amount of files and never thought there would be a need not to post the file list...

How wrong I was.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

i belive you still can get same LBA offsets and 0 edc/ecc errors from different images
    when file structure is intact but edc/ecc is set to match sector's content
    like image was not made in raw or some1 replaced logo
    (btw this is exactly what 'Rebuild' in cdmage does - it does not repair -
    it recalc edc/ecc so image looks good but is not really)
    or cda may differ or subchannel

well what i mean is:
    you can check your cds that way
    but you can not make decision basing on that data
    whether image is good or not unless you made it by yourself

so unless everyone has original cds
    to be sure, imo it's better to do crc
    aren't major formats (bin/img/mds) basically the same anyway?
    bin=img; mds=img+sub
    and i think nrg was img+crap@start&end, but not sure at all on this one
    but well, anyway - why not just dump to img and calc crc?
    Last edited by chemabus; 30th-September-2005 at 04:17.
    If You're Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands!
    ..PSX..

Thanks

I hope this is the right thread to ask this.
    Recently someone mentioned about an iso that was error-free when checked with CDMage. The iso was released without cue and CDMage identifies it as MODE1/2048 but it also loads it up with a (self-made) cue as MODE2/2048. But then the "Scan for corruption" option is grayed out (in both cases).
    Am I missing something here and is there another way to make it scan for corruption or does is just not support error checking for this type and maybe the uploader checked it before converting it to iso.
    Thanks.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sorry I was unable to get online for a couple of days, I will get everything updated tonight or in the morning.

The mode should be MODE2/2352 but if you still can't scan with that as the mode ask the uploader of that file also ask if it had CDDA tracks because if it did it no longer will if you don't have the original cue sheet that has that info in it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-September-2005 at 17:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]