Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

LOL oops nicley spotted

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Oops, Cookie Monster missed a CD, namely the Final Fantasy VII International - Bonus Disc [SLPS-01060] link. Oh and my Chrono Cross post number is 77, not 88, but that was my fault I sent it to Zorlon with that typo and it was too late by that time to edit it And the multi-disc games posted all in one post were all mine. I read the one game per post comment so I just did them like that, which at the time I just felt was a better idea, I just separated each disc section with a line to keep it looking neat n tidy. IMO, I think it is easier that way so people can just see all the discs in one post rather than hitting the back button constantly to find the links to the other discs. Also, I'll make text files for the games that I didn't add them to.
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 22nd-October-2005 at 21:58.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not for a database it's not, but don't worry about it I will sort that out myself for you when I get into doing the database

P.S. have you seen the way the links work anyway, you don't need to hit back to see the next post
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-October-2005 at 22:13.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    have you seen the way the links work anyway, you don't need to hit back to see the next post
    I was thinking that if the other discs to a multi-disc game are not back to back posts. I think some of Cookie's are like that. Meh, oh well whatever works.

Ya know, this whole project reminds me of the SNK-NEC TOC database, you might have to build a site like that soon when the list gets huge and call it the Sony PSX TOC Database
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 22nd-October-2005 at 23:50.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It was kinda a copy project but with more details, I was thinking about doing this for ages though but Xena actually give me the push to get started.

everything will work out in the end, I have a few things I need to figure out anyway

Sony PSX TOC Database lol I thought about that at first but this does include a bit more than the TOC.

I'm wondering if another check would be a good idea aswell, not sure what could be used yet but it's easy enough to dummy a file up and keep the LBA TOC and error checks the same (well I know I could do that )

I don't think a SFV Checker would help but something like that, that checks the CRC-32 value but doing that a CD Image has to be created in the same way

If the Images have to be created with the same method, I think ISObuster would be a good choice because it's free (cue sheets are created without paths in it now aswell )
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-October-2005 at 10:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.irnis.net/free.shtml looks like the sort of thing I can use for checking on a CRC level.

We don't need to be that specific in the ISO creation method, I'll explain why .

All you need to do is mount the CD Image or if you know your original does not have reading problems (can be tested with ISOBuster) you can pop the CD in your PC drive and create the checksum checks on the contents not the CD Image itself.

Don't worry too much about the checks already available though I don't expect you guys to go through the games you have already done, it's too much to ask

As it happens I have 90% of the games Cookie checked anyway, so I can do those when I eventually move.

... I havn't tested the software yet so it may not be what I'm after.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Ok, once you have tested it, tell us If you want us to use it atleast with the new checks.. and how to use it

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Okies will do I think I have a PSX CD Image on my PC that I can test it with and then add to the guide at the begining of this thread.

The link I gave is only for the verify side soI'm going to have to find a free CRC file generator (ISObuster actually has a MD5 verify file generator but it does it for CD Images but thats not what I'm after) so I need to do some more digging

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmmm, perhaps QuickSFV might suit your needs? www.quicksfv.org I've been messing around with it, and it's not too bad. Also I am currently looking into cfv http://cfv.sourceforge.net/ and tthsum:

tthsum generates and checks TTH checksums (root of the THEX hash tree). The Merkle Hash Tree is a hash construct that exhibits desirable properties for verifying the integrity of files and file subranges in an incremental or out-of-order fashion. The tool uses the Tiger hash algorithm for both the internal and the leaf nodes, and has an interface identical to md5sum.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks Akuma let me know if you find anything else, QuickSFV sounds great

I also put a request in the Coder's Corner here, Theo is currently looking into creating a prog to both generate a checksum list file and read it and be able to direct the location that the files are stored

All the freeware ones I could test would only read the files in the same folder as the sfv or other checksum list file once I created one

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

if you read m2 files as data stream it'll calc crc over headers and other crap
    and what about cdda?
    If You're Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands!
    ..PSX..

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This project can continue without the extra checks I have planned utill I figure out what can be used to both create the checks and check them back

Extra checks can be added at any time thankfully though.

I'll will be looking into cdda checks aswell chemabus as they can corrupt but replacing CDDA would show up in the TOC check.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Ok, I'll continue with my checks today then.

Thanks

Just a quick question. Do these copies require a modded PSX or PS2?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes there is no way to burn a backup that will boot without a PSX mod chip/device or a swap disc/trick there has been plenty of fake information claiming you can boot backups by creating/editing header information though, please just ignore those they have been around for years now and have never worked.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]