Thread: Modded PS2 and Codebreaker

Thanks

Default Modded PS2 and Codebreaker

I have a DMS 4 chip on my PS2 and it works great with all my burned games and what not. But for some reason, my Codebreaker doesn't load when the chip is enabled. It just shows the PS2 like all games then shows a black screen and the disc starts spinning really fast. Nothing loads though. However when I disable the chip then it loads fine.

Now the problem with this is I have a bunch of games that I want to use the Codebreaker on but it wont load the game because I have to disable the chip. Has anyone had a problem like this before or does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you tried booting a CD-R backup of Codebreaker yet, that would be the first thing I would try

The other option would be to download a copy of the Action Replay Max (No dongle needed for the max version), if needs be you can try converting Xploder/Codebreaker codes to AR Max format but the AR Max does have a large collection of codes to start with anyway

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Codebreaker versions 8 and 9 have antimodchip thing in them so even a backup copy of it won't work on ANY MODCHIP but since you say you got a DMS4, the latest firmware upgrade will make your backup of Codebreaker v8 and/or v9 work. Other modchips that can't be flash upgrade will not be able to run Codebreaker. So Dominion, I would recommend you to flash upgrade your DMS4 modchip firmware.

Zorlon..Can you please tell me how can I convert Codebreaker codes into AR Max codes ?? I would really appreciate it coz I have a Magic V 50k modchip which CAN'T be flash upgraded so won't boot codebreaker v8 or v9 but some Codebreaker codes are SO REALY AWESOME that I wanna try them out. If there is a way to convert codebreaker codes to Gameshark or AR max codes, please do tell me so. Thanx in advance dude
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 15th-September-2005 at 23:47.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ravihpa
    Zorlon..Can you please tell me how can I convert Codebreaker codes into AR Max codes ?? I would really appreciate it coz I have a Magic V 50k modchip which CAN'T be flash upgraded so won't boot codebreaker v8 or v9 but some Codebreaker codes are SO REALY AWESOME that I wanna try them out. If there is a way to convert codebreaker codes to Gameshark or AR max codes, please do tell me so. Thanx in advance dude
    I use MaxConvert for converting codes though I use it for Action Replay 2 v2 codes but it converts to Max format aswell and a few other formats

Anyway I attached a copy seen as I don't know the home page for it or remember what site I got it from

There is one site that has some information that may be handy but it's more for the AR2v2 but it should help you understand the whole (M) code thing and how it effects all your other codes when converting them

one site

Edit :- visit here for the newest version just found that now..

Edit again beter linkage <- bookmarks that one myself I'll be trying out some new hacking methods sometime me thinks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-September-2005 at 00:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I've tried making a copy of my Codebreaker but I get disc read errors when trying to make the image file. So get any kind of backup of Codebreaker (Unless it's a homebrew prog like the PSX Game Shark Lite I have) isn't going to work.

I just tried the PS2 Gameshark that I bought a while ago and that wont load the disc either.

So I guess I'll try to download the Action Replay Max. Thanks for you help.

EDIT: Know where I can find Action Replay Max for download? I can't seem to connect to any of the BT trackers I've looked at.
    Last edited by Dominion; 16th-September-2005 at 01:24.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    I use MaxConvert for converting codes though I use it for Action Replay 2 v2 codes but it converts to Max format aswell and a few other formats

Anyway I attached a copy seen as I don't know the home page for it or remember what site I got it from

There is one site that has some information that may be handy but it's more for the AR2v2 but it should help you understand the whole (M) code thing and how it effects all your other codes when converting them

one site

Edit :- visit here for the newest version just found that now..

Edit again beter linkage <- bookmarks that one myself I'll be trying out some new hacking methods sometime me thinks
    YOU ROCK DUDE....Checking out all those links right away.

By the way, I have the original AR v2 dongle which will enable me to use older versions of Action Replay on my modded system So any pointers as to what should I do next to convert and use latest Codebreaker codes. Am jumping with joy right now....wooohooo....yeah baby....FINALLY....
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 16th-September-2005 at 01:30.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Codebreaker codes are NTSC but Xploder are PAL but I'm guessing you also play import backups aswell

Anyway check out beter linkage from my last post for ways to convert or decrypt to RAW of the newer Xploder/codebreaker formats (decrypting to RAW is something you will see before the full convert tools but once in RAW format you can use that in Max Convert)

Once in RAW mode you should be able RAW to convert to AR2v2 easy Max format can be a lil harder to convert to though

(M) codes is something you are going to have to learn about aswell, again not something I think I could teach you unless I was standing right next to you to actually show you how it work but the one site link has some great info and should help you use maxconvert more acuratly

Edit:- I do have one question about the Codebreaker, does that disc stop spinning before hitting eject or only after, I'm asking because I have a PS2 slim but no mod chip, but I do have swap magic and all the lid sensor set to always closed, the other reason is because I own an Xploder and I know that one doesn't stop untill after you hit eject so I can't use it with my PS2slim at all now.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-September-2005 at 14:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

The Codebreaker disc stops spinning before ejecting....Well at least I've never seen the disc continue to spin after it ejects. If it did that it would damage the disc wouldn't it?

Anyway do you know where I could download a copy of Action Replay Max? I seem to have trouble connecting to trackers that have it. If you can't post the site a PM would be awesome. Thanks.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Personly I don't and don't have a copy myself, I couldn't use one even if I did, because the disc will not stop spinning untill you hit eject, unlick the Action Replay 2 v2 that stops after it boots

You can try requesting it though over in the Trading Post, the YouSendIt (Comment and Requests) thread is worth trying and I know it should be a rather small CD Image

P.S. there is some rather nice bonus software on the Action Replay Max like PGen (Genesis emu) aswell as a media player

Nope it wouldn't harm anything because the PS2 (bulky model) stops and lowers the disc drive then ejects the try when you press eject) and the slim model has a disc break

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]