Thread: PS2 controller with ePSXe?

Thanks

Default PS2 controller with ePSXe?

Heyas,

I bought a usb-ps2 controller adapter and I'm using with ePSXe and the controller works but I can't get the analog sticks(even after pressing F5) to work and the rumble function.

Does anyone know if the controller plug in that comes with ePSXe works with it? and or if there is a controller plug that supports it.

Or better yet has anyone in here gotten the analog sticks to work with ePSXe?

Thanks!

Alusnova

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I got both analog and dual shock working fine with my PS2 pads in ePSXe but that was with a home made adaptor

Yeah the default plugin works spot on, only 2 games have problems and thats just dual shock not analog

FF8 and MGS both don't have dual Shock emulated apart from that Dual Shock and analog is fine

Because it just worked for me I'm not sure were you have gone wrong

Dual shock does have more than one driver but analog should just work unless you didn't set the pad plugin up at all

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Uncle Evil Guest

I have gotten my analog to work with it but not my rumble feature, i dont know how to set that up correctly, Im using a Saitek P2500 Rumble, any ideas on that?

Thanks

I have analog working on a ps1 pad, although the vibration is quite shoddy. Have you tried the various Dx joy settings? Mine, for whatever reason, only works on Dx joy 4

Also, does your pad converter support both analog and rumble? That may be the first problem.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Alusnova what type of Port Adaptor did you get? a link to it would do me

Also did the dual shock do anything at all or totally nothing

There are other plugins you can use with ePSXe providing you run ePSXe from ePSXeCutor

Harakiri's plugin might be worth a look at as it supports a hell of alot of types of dualshock / vibrate and also has a test function, P.S. I wouldn't recomend it for actually using in game though, but is worth it to find out what your pad does support, the plugin may work beter with the emu's it was made for naturally so could be worth trying those or a one that lets you use any Pad Plugin normally.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-February-2005 at 09:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

What Zorlon says is correct.
    By using ePSXecutor, you can use external PAD plugins and the recommanded one is harikiri.

If not, I suggest using another emulator such as PSXeven as it has support for PAD plugins.
    Regards,
    fireblaster_lyz

Help in setting or using ePSXe? Get all the info you need using the ePSXe Configuration Handbook

Thanks

I recommend going to a site called www.liksang.com . Thats where I got my USB to Playstation2 adapter. Works like a charm. Cost me $15, thats after shipping charges.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Forgot to mention ePSXe 5.X.X starts out in Digital mode so you have to press F5 in game to toggle Analog on.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]