Thread: burn psx games at 8x?????

Thanks

Default burn psx games at 8x?????

hello im new to this whole psx burning thing. but not new to burning dreamcast games. my psx was broken so im wondering if i should get a new one because alot of games interest me for this console. anywayz, i dont want to buy a new one unless i can burn these psx games. Burning dreamcast games at 8x has worked flawlessly with my dreamcast. Now im wondering if it will work with psx, as i cant burn lower than 8x and even read lower than 8x. people say to burn at 1x,2x,4x, but i dont have those capabilities. So if u can answer this thread i would greatly appreciate it. Maybe some ppl can tell me if they have burned on 8x :/ thx again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by empir3
    hello im new to this whole psx burning thing. but not new to burning dreamcast games. my psx was broken so im wondering if i should get a new one because alot of games interest me for this console. anywayz, i dont want to buy a new one unless i can burn these psx games. Burning dreamcast games at 8x has worked flawlessly with my dreamcast. Now im wondering if it will work with psx, as i cant burn lower than 8x and even read lower than 8x. people say to burn at 1x,2x,4x, but i dont have those capabilities. So if u can answer this thread i would greatly appreciate it. Maybe some ppl can tell me if they have burned on 8x :/ thx again
    I'm pretty positive I've burnt faster and my games have been fine .

I need, I want, I care, I weep, I ache, I am. I said, I am.

Thanks

thx for ur post. btw without starting a new thread. i have tony hawk pro skater 3 extracted. there is a cue file, ccd file, img file, and a sub file. i want to burn it on a cd to play on my psx. Can anyone tell me how, thx alot

Thanks

thx for ur post. btw without starting a new thread. i have tony hawk pro skater 3 extracted. there is a cue file, ccd file, img file, and a sub file. i want to burn it on a cd to play on my psx. Can anyone tell me how, thx alot
    That's a CloneCD format, but I'm pretty sure that there's other things you can use to burn it with, you'll just have to wait for one of the smartarses to post .

Thanks

oic i have alcohol 120%. only problem im having is how to burn it all together or do i burn it all together lol

Thanks

oic i have alcohol 120%. only problem im having is how to burn it all together or do i burn it all together lol
    Just load up the .cue file like you would with any other burning thing and it should burn fine .

Thanks

alright thx but there is a ccd file also that came with it. oh well ill try it

Thanks

alright thx but there is a ccd file also that came with it. oh well ill try it
    The .CCD file is for Clone CD's benefit only so it shouldn't really make much difference, just try loading up the .cue and I think that should burn ok. Tell me if it does.

Thanks

dont forget to select the playstation option while burning.
    Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Uncle Evil Guest

I have never burned a DC game lower than 16x and the only ones that fail are the ones that are bad ISO's so im sure you should be fine with PSX games

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Evil
    I have never burned a DC game lower than 16x and the only ones that fail are the ones that are bad ISO's so im sure you should be fine with PSX games
    should be, if he knows what he is doing.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There is no trick to burning PSX games at all

The main thing is the speed, you get better burns at lower speeds what ever you are burning the only other thing is the odd game that requires a patch to get running on chipped PSX's

also DarcX please do not post Warez sites, I simply removed your post this time, but doing this again may get yourself banned.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Ok,cheers Zorlan.Won't happen again.