Thread: I need help with Alcohol120%

Thanks
    EP Points

Default I need help with Alcohol120%

I've been having serious problems trying to create an .img or .bin file from any of the games I've burnt. If there was a problem with the disc or the image it would never have let me burn, would it

Here's what's happenin'

The odd thing is, every one of the games I've burnt are on the exact same CD-R's. A while back I dl Bushido Blade 2 which was in .MDF .MDS format. I burnt it and then used Alcohol120% to make an .img .sub and .ccd file. No problems at all, I'm a little clueless as to what's goin on?

I wonder, would CDMage help at all? I'm 100% sure that there's no scratches or polish marks at all. I'm gonna play through TIME BOKAN Bokan Densuyo tonight and see if it works all the way to the end. I've played that game alot recently and all of the music & FMV is flawless.

Your help is, as always, appreciated

Danke

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

CDMage can only read CD Images unfortionatly

CDRWin might be a beter option though, free version will do aswell

Just set Error Recovery to ignore and Jitter Corection to Enable

you can also set Read Retry to 10

Speed doesn't mater in the free version but if you are using the full version set it to the slowest speed you can

I done a very quick screen shot FAQ for CDRWin a lil while back but for a diff use, but you can still follow it all just about but ignoreing steps 2, 5 & 6

I posted that at :-
    http://www.emuparadise.org/vbulletin...1&postcount=10

Then you can try CDMage after that,

P.S. If the CD isn't reading that well at all I would do that over night as it can take a hell of along time to complete both the CDRWin part and the CDMage part.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Thankyou Zorlon, I'll give that a try. I had a niggling doubt that all the games I'd burnt were damaged in some way, though realisticly I knew that was unlikely

Thanks again

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't recommend fixing your cd with CDRWin, it can be useful for alot of types of game, but not psx games. I was using CDWrin since age before moving to Alcohol 120%, and whenver I repaired a psx with it, the game froze somewhere.
    I tried repairing Medal of Honor Underground, it does a sorta blue screen, almost like windows.
    I tried to repair alot of other cd's, some being badly scratched (deathrap dungeon was almost in 2 parts...) and other being slightly scratched, and none of them has been working really good. :\

Anyway, do as you wish.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've solved the problem I had with Alcohol120% and IsoBuster so now I can make new .img files from games I'd burnt to disc and deleted from my HDD

It's easier to reply to this thread than make a new one, anybody have a game request?

EDIT: Richard, please just go ahead and start a new thread for requests. Thanks.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 19th-November-2004 at 09:15.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just a few small notes about Alcohol 120% and the images.

The images are not compatable with much at all so become hard to work with and bad Images become a major pain to fix, best to convert the images to another format.

Patches are not made for this format either.

Trial version is limited to the amount of times you can use it rather than other burining progs that have only got a limit on the burning speed.

I still use it myself though but only for burning images made with it, or backing up PC CD's that have protection, anything else though I just wont touch it.

For sharing PSX, bin/cue format will always be the best as the patches are for that format and anyone can burn Bin/Cue format files

Other console systems it depends but in general bin/cue seems to be the best format all round
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-November-2004 at 03:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

well you can also use clonecd and just tell it to make a .cue file
    thats pretty much the same result as if you made a bin/cue set (you just get a few extra files with clonecd)
    Even the paranoid has enemies

Thanks

hey richardstone, can i request initial d from you please?
    -dori-dori

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please keep requests to PM's dude. This isn't the thread for that. Thanks.

EDIT: Yeah, I understand that he asked for requests, but it keeps the thread from getting cluttered with off-topic posts if you PM him with them.

Thanks

no prob, thanks for telling me
    -dori-dori

Thanks
    EP Points

I asked for a request, I don't think people read what I put in my posts so I need repetition

What happened to Ultraman Zearth?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Chris FireFox
    well you can also use clonecd and just tell it to make a .cue file
    thats pretty much the same result as if you made a bin/cue set (you just get a few extra files with clonecd)
    burning is fine when the cue's are provided but img files are no good as far as patching goes as they tend to read the bin file on it's own not the cue sheet, but that format is alot easier to work with for converting anyway and generally alot more acepted in burning progs.

PSX emulation can read those fine but other system emu's, well they don't

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]