Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PAL runs at 25fps on a 50mhz signal and NTSCU/J runs at 30fps on a 60mhz singnal when each is played on it's correct hardware will sound and look the same.

One is not slower that the other they both run at 1fps/2mhz unless they are played on the wrong hardware

Maybe they did redo some aspects of Azure Dreams, the PAL counter parts usually come out later sometimes over a year later and on ocation either have extra fixes or more in them, or maybe it is the emu as with alot of games they don't sound exactly the same through emulation, though it's not that easy to tell
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-October-2004 at 11:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Xenogears disc 2 is also corrupt.

Thanks

I downloaded king of fiighters 2002 to here and the game won't appear in the playable games section but still plays, i just have to go through all the games and find it. How do i make it appear as playable?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

N_Cannady Guest

I need help! i cant find a street fighter alpha 2 rom for snes that waorks. please help! thanx!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by strongbad
    I downloaded king of fiighters 2002 to here and the game won't appear in the playable games section but still plays, i just have to go through all the games and find it. How do i make it appear as playable?
    Sorry I realy can't help much for that one you just need to find the rom with the correct crc or maybe try another emu that uses that crc

Quote Originally Posted by N_Cannady
    I need help! i cant find a street fighter alpha 2 rom for snes that waorks. please help! thanx!
    I'm guessing your using ZSNES and the rom you have is perfectly fine but the GFX look messed up a big block instead of the capcom logo and stuff like that

The reason for that is that the GFX are encrypted, lucky though there are decryption packs

you can get the GFX decryption packs for the ZSNES street fighter alpha 2 at
    http://www.geoshock.com/dejap/getfiles/?SFA2_gfx2.zip

How to use
    extract the zip file to a folder named SFA2SDD1
    then put that folder in the folder that ZSNES saves to
    If you havn't set a save folder ZSNES saves in the same folder as your roms, so put it there if you havn't set a save path

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Default Soul Beaver

I have downloaded the Xenogears disc 1 files:
    xenogears.rar
    xenogears.c00
    xenogears.c01
    xenogears.c02
    xenogears.c03
    xenogears.c04
    xenogears.c05
    xenogears.c06
    xenogears.c07
    and there all 50 mb exactly, except the last one which is 3,024 kb (it said it was supposed to be 3 mb). Anyway sorry about being such a newb to ISOs but i have no idea what i have to do from there, ive tried a few things but they dont seem to work (I even tried to download the whole thing through that bit torrent system but that screwd up). Could some plaese tell me how im supposed to get it to work?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

extract the files.

with WinRAR installed you can just right click on xenogears.rar and click extract to
    or you can open xenogears.rar and click extract.

you don't need to open the other files as WinRAR will do this for you.

After the above is done you should get the CD Image files.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Default Soul Beaver

Inside the archive there is an .iso file (which my comp is reading as a winrar file) and a .cue file. I tried to unzip them but then a WinRAR: diagnostics messages comes up and gives me the location of the file "xenogears.ace" and says the the operation failed, then it stops extracting. whats wrong with it?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Beaver
    Inside the archive there is an .iso file (which my comp is reading as a winrar file) and a .cue file. I tried to unzip them but then a WinRAR: diagnostics messages comes up and gives me the location of the file "xenogears.ace" and says the the operation failed, then it stops extracting. whats wrong with it?
    Don't unzip them the iso is what you want. When i use winrar i untick isos in what i want winrar to unzip. you can use this iso image in epsxe or burn it. you don't need to unzip anything else.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Winrar can extract ISO's but you don't want to do that.

yeah this is odd though because takin a second look at all the other files they are indeed ace files from a split archive but the first file is an rar well acording to the file names

you can try renaming the xenogears.rar to xenogears.ace

WinRAR should be able to handle ace achives aswell

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Default Soul Beaver

im sorry but i dont get this, im not supposed to want to extract the iso file. sorry about the mix up but the file extension is .ace but when i click on it it opens as an archive. If im not supposed to extract the ISO file the other file is only 92 bytes so im guessing im not supposed to extract that either. so am i just supposed to leave it like that?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Beaver
    im sorry but i dont get this, im not supposed to want to extract the iso file. sorry about the mix up but the file extension is .ace but when i click on it it opens as an archive. If im not supposed to extract the ISO file the other file is only 92 bytes so im guessing im not supposed to extract that either. so am i just supposed to leave it like that?
    I may have been mixed up too, you are saying that the iso and cue file is in the ace file? then yes extract the iso and the cue file. just don't extract the iso.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

extract everything in the archive

after the cue and iso are extracted you don't then extract the ISO, that is whats ment by don't extract the iso

you burn by the cue

iso's are considered archives by WinRAR thats all and can be extracted, but iso's are CD Images so you don't need to extract the files from it as they are the files that will be on your CD after burning the iso to CD through the cue sheet

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Default Soul Beaver

crap this is more complicated than i thought.

Firstly, when i try to extract the .ace file it says that the operation failed, do i need to download the file again or is it a problem on my end?

Secondly, can i only play it on my playstation or can i use a playstation emulator to play it on my computer?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Can be both played on your PSX and through ePSXe though ePSXe does not play it that well from what other peeps have said.

There may be a problem with the Xenogears files that are hear at EP, if I was you I would do a forum search for the other Xenogears threads in this section and see what was said in those threads
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-October-2004 at 12:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]