Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: If you can't create a thread then use this thread

Thanks

Default Setting for burning with alcohol 120%

What kind of write method do i use for burning playstation games in mds/mdf format? I know u need to use RAW DAO with dreamcast but not sure about PSX. thanks

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the same method.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Default Ps2 emulation.

How do i buy a ps2 game put it ohn my comp and emulate it i've heard ther's special ways to get it on the comput succesfuly...

How do i do this?

Thanks
    EP Points

If you are trying to play a PS2 disk with an emulator it isn't possible right now. The best emulator has a lot more to emulate and is EXTREMElY slow.

Thanks

i'm not trying to play a ps2 disk with an emulator i am gona put it on my comp then try it

and how does xbox work with emulation yet?

Thanks

Default what other write method can i use instead of RAW DAO

Hello i have a psx alcohol image and my burner doesnt support RAW DAO. Are there any other write methods i can use that will work the same on my modded psx as RAW DAO. btw cue and bin files work perfectly with nero. Thx

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You could mount it with Alcohol and copy cd to cd through Nero, though there maybe errors in the Alcohol CD Image.

Acording to polobunny's guide he says Dao Sao mode works beter in Alcohol for PSX CD images.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hey. It's me again. I'm having a problem with Chankast.

First off, I've been searching until my eyes bled. So, I already have the bios files for the emulator and the Echelon fix for Sonic Adventure 2. Apparently I have the EU bios because it's a blue DC logo (I got them from this site) and there's a US/JP version that has a red logo... But anyway... I read the guides too.

My problem is that Chankast will not load the .cdi files. I start up Chankast and it asks me for the date/time (every freakin time... another problem I need to fix too). Menu comes up and I mount a .cdi image in Daemon Tools. Chankast says it's reading the disc... Nothing happens. I press play, it goes black and resets.

I tried mounting it to Alcohol 120 and I get the same problem.

I haven't found a solution so far so I'm here. *waves*
    Last edited by violet_myst; 5th-November-2004 at 23:13.

Thanks

Hey. It's me again. I'm having a problem with Chankast.

First off, I've been searching until my eyes bled. So, I already have the bios files for the emulator and the Echelon fix for Sonic Adventure 2. Apparently I have the EU bios because it's a blue DC logo (I got them from this site) and there's a US/JP version that has a red logo... But anyway... I read the guides too.

My problem is that Chankast will not load the .cdi files. I start up Chankast and it asks me for the date/time (every freakin time... another problem I need to fix too). Menu comes up and I mount a .cdi image in Daemon Tools. Chankast says it's reading the disc... Nothing happens. I press play, it goes black and resets.

I tried mounting it to Alcohol 120 and I get the same problem.

I haven't found a solution so far so I'm here. *waves*

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

firstly your post wasn't missed I just didn't want to spend to much time on here today but I'll give you a couple of hints anyway

The date thing just take off read only on your bios files so they can be updated, just select all the files in your chankast folder and make sure nothing is read only.

Some games just don't seem to work on virtual drives just try burning it.

I have Win2k myself and some games do that with me from the virtual drives but are ok through my actual CD drive using the ASPI CD driver

If someone else wants to continue support they will but please don't bump your posts again, I will get back to you in time if you are still having problems.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

My apologies. I thought the post would get lost in the thread. Won't happen again.

I have Windows XP btw.

I turned off read only from the files and it still asks me for a date/time at start up.

I burn the .cdi's but they still do not load. Using the ASPI driver, I get an error "can't read TOC from (whatever): drive." That happens with both real and virtual drives. I'll try to find another driver for it.

I always get the stupid errors... Even when I do everything right it just doesn't want to work.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

any one game or all games?

Chankast doesn't have a great compat to start with although tends to have full speed on what it does run.

Also do you have the required version of winASPI installed as recomended by the chankasts official guide on it's own forum?

And yeah are your cdi's self boot.

Out of that I would say you need to look at the WinASPI drivers

the CD xxx plugin only works with a very small amount of games to what the aspi one does

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Well I only have 2 games: Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Sonic Adventure 2. I've asked and others that have downloaded the same files and they said they work on Chankast.

I fould the ASPI file in the forum when I read it again. So now I can use the driver.

Both of my cdi's are selfboot. When I mount the drive or insert the disc, it'll check the file and Chankast will do nothing. Windows will either ask me what to do with the file or open something itself. Chankast just refuses to load anything with both the xxx or ASPI driver.

The forum also said that if it asks for the date/time, to make the files not read only. That didn't help though.

Seems like I need to do more searching...

Thanks

Hey I need SCPH39001.BIN does anyone knwo were i can get it?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://bioshouse.free.fr/

PS2 emulation is not worth looking at yet at all

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]