Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Write an FAQ get some free games!

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

Default Write an FAQ get some free games!

Alright, I am going to "commission" fellow EP members into making some in depth, better than everyone else, FAQs for emulators and anything relating to it. I know the NET already has plenty, but I still haven't seen one that has everything it should. So, here's your chance to look cool, gain some kudos, and get some free game downloads from me Before you make your FAQ be sure to PM me or ask me in this thread and we can discuss what I would like the FAQ to have and everything. Everyone is free to make suggestions for what type of FAQs they'd like to see and what not in this thread. How many games a person can get depends on how well they write their FAQ. Though, I am thinking around 2-4 games per decent FAQ
    Last edited by mushindo; 18th-August-2004 at 19:01.
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

Thanks
    EP Points

Intresting .... but to much work.... i dont have enought free time, or know enough about anyone emulator to make a FAQ... the only person i know of that could make a good FAQ would be Zorlon.

Thanks

I would make some, but it's the same time issue. Though, I'd be surprised if anyone besides Zorlon did make one If this thread fails (As I expect it to), I'll at least make a very in depth EPSXE FAQ, and maybe a N64 one. It probably won't be until a required college break though.

Thanks

Like gundamguy said I think it's just to much work, I don't have any time for it either

Thanks
    EP Points

Either do I.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I may just do some, I have been planing on doing so for a long time now anyway, but as said this is time consuming

The Gens one could be extended or just another one for Roms and 32X with patching methods

GBA perhaps for the extra stuff

PSX and N64 will be a job and a half but would like to get round to those eventully

others that I could do
    PCEngine with Magic Engine (Waiting for the next update from them should be this year atleast)
    Ye olde Computers shouldn't be that hard to do and will come in handy for some with the loading comands being diff through out the the older computers
    NES well I could there are a few bits that are uncommon and confusing to some like floppy games
    Master/GameGear pointless it's so easy might find a reason, but not that I can think of
    Arcade (Don't want to go into that one there have been to many peeps with problems I can't figure out though never had any problems myself)
    Dreamcast .... will be waiting for that to be a lil beter for 2k users

There are plenty of others that just about anyone could do

In the end it could be set the way I planned from the start, as in one sticky locked thread to link all the other guides, all the guides would be locked but not stickies and one thread for comments for if anything was missed typoed or anything else

Though if there was great FAQ's for all emulation aspects I would have nothin to do here aftwords , Joking
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-August-2004 at 19:19.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

The perfect site for this is http://emutastic.emulation64.com This site was under contruction for several years by a really cool guy named Gent. If you don't know who he is he is the guy that figures out and writes the ini files for most N64 cheats.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The whole Idea is so Emuparadise has there own FAQ's, not some 3rd party copy

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

That site has a god awful layout. It's also not as complete as I'd like. Though, it is a decent enough site once you finally get to the right section
    Zorlon is right about EP having their own FAQs too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah the layout is unfortunately the weakest point - I hope to see it redesigned one day, as the guy does know what he's talking about

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Still wouldn't be right to take the guys work and paste it here at any rate, I'm not one for taking anyone elses work and claiming it to be mine.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I'm pretty sure, after glancing through the many, many stupid questions in the help forum, that only about 3 people here are qualified enough to write a FAQ.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    Still wouldn't be right to take the guys work and paste it here at any rate, I'm not one for taking anyone elses work and claiming it to be mine.
    Oh I 110% wouldn't be for that - the person who made that site is a very good personal friend of mine Though if you look past the obvious web design limitations, it may be worth cross referencing (whomevers) work with his. Especially when something like PJ64 is concerned, where he can be considered an expert.

Thanks

Ok i have "some" time so i will see what i can do.

Ok if you are haveing trouble getting you Pc to run Epesxe than you have come to the right place first off i will tell you which plugin i would most likely use. the plugin i suggest is Petes D3D 1.63.to get the plug in follow the steps below. and now for the fun stuff configuring the plug in.. to start configing the plug in go to "Config--> Video then find petes D3d 1.63 in the list. and click Configure. Once in that screen try out these settings i have here in the pic copy every thing, now if this doenst work swich the resouliton down to 640X480 and move the color down to 16 bit and then you should be set. To get the petes D3D 1.63 plugin Search google or I beielve ep has it. If all else fails PM me and i will get it to you. also the version of epesxe i use is 1.5.2 seems to work best.
    If any more questions then just PM me or another member you no

EDIT: i have found a Link to the plug in http://www.pbernert.com/

Ok now once you are at the website go to PSX GPU OGL/D3D driver
    its located on the side. Once there go to Older Gpu versions (its near the top) then find Petes D3D 1.63 and d/l it. now once you have that. put the plug in then plug in folder in epesxe. and ur ready to configure it and follow the steps above to configure the plugin.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Vivi; 18th-August-2004 at 22:09.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mushindo
    That site has a god awful layout. It's also not as complete as I'd like. Though, it is a decent enough site once you finally get to the right section
    I know this is late etc but after the entire site being hacked and deleted I've remade the site and making new guides to boot. I think you will find the navigation a hell of a lot better now btw. As for you making your own FAQ's that's an excellent idea. The only reason i started that site was because no such FAQ Visual help guides were ever available. But there is nothing wrong with too many decent help guides, only problem is you have to make sure you know what you are talking about 1st and how to relay that all in clear and precise media. Anyway good luck with your FAQ's hope everything works out well for you.