Thread: Alcohol Images

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Alcohol Images

Just wondering if anybody knows if its posssible to convert Alcohol mdf & mds into normal .bin .cue format. I have a game image which is Alcohol but when you try to burn, it says that the mds is not a valid file type or something like that. It will allow you to burn the mdf if you change it to that but the disc just won't play . I was thinking that just changing the file extensions might work ?

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

No, changing the file extensions won't work. Are you burning the images with Alcohol 120%? If you are, then chances are the image is bad. I don't know of any programs that can't convert alcohol images with little fuss. Though, you could mount the images using alcohol or daemon tools, and then make an image from that virtual drive. It's the only way that I've tried so far that gives me perfect results everytime.
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks mushindo
    Yeah I was using Alcohol to burn the image.
    I think your'e right it's probably a corrupt image. Just thought that there may have been another way to convert the files

Regards
    Raz

Thanks
    EP Points

Do what mushindo says about mounting. Get the program Daemon's Tools and ISOBuster. Mount the image in Daemon's Tools and then use ISOBuster to make a bin/cue file. If the image doesn't mount in Daemons Tools it is probalby corrupt.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by knowitman
    Do what mushindo says about mounting. Get the program Daemon's Tools and ISOBuster. Mount the image in Daemon's Tools and then use ISOBuster to make a bin/cue file. If the image doesn't mount in Daemons Tools it is probalby corrupt.

I might be wrong because of the file type.. but you can just open ISO's (of most types) in ISObuster with out having to mount them with Daemon's Tools.

Thanks
    EP Points

Excellent
    Thanks for all your Info & help
    Gals & Guys
    Mounting & creating an ISO worked a treat Thanks very much

Raz

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by _Raziel_
    Excellent
    Thanks for all your Info & help
    Gals & Guys
    Mounting & creating an ISO worked a treat Thanks very much

Raz
    Did you have to mount it with Daemon's Tools or could you open .mds with isobuster?

Thanks
    EP Points

I mounted it using Daemon tools Gundam Guy. I know what your saying though about just using iso buster because I think it works that way with a Clone CD Image.

Edit:
    I've just tried opening .mds using isobuster & it seemed to work ok, so I guess you could do it without using Daemon
    Last edited by _Raziel_; 15th-August-2004 at 23:08.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by _Raziel_
    I mounted it using Daemon tools Gundam Guy. I know what your saying though about just using iso buster because I think it works that way with a Clone CD Image.
    Ok thats usefull info.

Thanks

Yea I was having the same problem today with soul Caliber. I will try that hopefully it works for me too.
    To appreciate heaven well, you must first experience hell.

I'm not afraid to get shot in the head and die, I'm afraid to get shot in the head and live.

Thanks
    EP Points

Whenever i burn a game with the .mds files or whatever, i mount it, load up nero, and copy from the virtual drive to my burner. Alcohol 120 works sometimes, but not all the time ><

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There is one ISO program that I know of that will convert mds/mdf to nrg and other formats aswell files without hassle called Ultra ISO

I tend to go for nrg with it supporting dual sessions were bin/cue's don't, for burners

What we need now is a freeware program that can do the same thing
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-August-2004 at 17:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR