Thread: Question about emulator functions...

nukesgoboom Guest

Default Question about emulator functions...

I have a great deal of experience with the znes emulator that plays snes games... and i just recently made the switch to playstation emulation, so i am unsure of some capabilities of some of these programs.

i have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to hook a playstation controller to your computer and play instead of using the keyboard? i do not know of any current method. if there is an adapter or special controller, could you please provide a link?

2. Are there any playstation emulators that have a built-in game shark (cheat code modulator)? i know znes has one, and it is awesome... so i was hoping one of the playstation emulators would support something like that...

3. Are there any playstation emulators that have a speed-up key like znes has? On znes, if you press the ~ tilda key, the game play is sped up by 9 frames (9 times faster). Im thinking its possible to do so in a playstation emulator too? the games arnt all that hard to handle with a good computer right?

thanks very much for all of your time and energy.

Thanks
    EP Points

1. Is it possible to hook a playstation controller to your computer and play instead of using the keyboard? i do not know of any current method. if there is an adapter or special controller, could you please provide a link?
    http://www.nathell.com amongst other places has a wide variety of adaptors you can buy. Very cheaply too

2. Not sure, perhaps the PEC plugin will be of use, not sure.

3. I think Petes plugins have this feature. PS emulation isn't really my thing, so I don't know all the ins and outs I'm afraid.

There are quite a few experts in this field here though, so perhaps they can help better than I

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1. I use a custom adaptor, I made that lets me use Dual Shock, Analog and My Multitap, but yeah you can buy some very nice port adaptors aswell as using any other PC control pad you wish to use

2. Yeah PEC is an Action Replay/Game Shark emu for PSX emu's

3. In Pete's Plugins you can hit Del. then press Home or End to toggle the Frame rate limiter through (none, manual or auto-detect). It works just like the ZSNES ~ key, specially if you have a fast PC/GFX card

Del_Boy looks like you got it all OK on all Q's anyway , I'm only repeating what you have said
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-February-2004 at 22:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

nukesgoboom Guest

gentlemen, thanks to the both of you for all your help. i got the speed up function working perfectly, awesome.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well...

1) A GREAT THING!!! DIRECT PAD PRO!!!
    YOU just can use psx controller, or snes controller,
    or other console gamepad!!
    You simply make a connector, hook it to LPT port,
    and install drivers! And use it like a standart joystick!
    http://www.arcadecontrols.com/Mirror...l.com/dpadpro/
    3)By configuring epsxe u can set it to fastfwrd by one button...

nukesgoboom Guest

right now, about fast forwarding, i have to:

1. hit the delete key
    2. press home twice
    3. hit subtract
    4. hit plus

now i am at 400-500 fps (im playing persona). is there any way to get it higher than 500 fps? ive already tried unchecking use fps limit.

also, you mentioned binding steps 1-4 with one key, how would i go about doing that?

Another question, is it possible to bind a key to a "repeating input"? you know, in a game when you have to hit one button as fast as possible? could you bind that repetition to one button and have it do it inhumanly fast?

Thanks
    EP Points

Why would you want to get over 500 FPS?
    You want to skip everything?
    You can change the settings to Fast in the plugin.

nukesgoboom Guest

in some rpgs you have to fight random battles to make your characters stronger, and the faster you can go the quicker you can get your characters powerful.. idk i guess its not important.

anyone still know anything about turbo key repitition?