Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast

Thread: Posting a Broken Link ? Read this first.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I do tons of help for the exact same reason.

It would also be good to know if the game is working or not, but that's a hell of a lot of work.

But if there is something I can do to aid you I will.

Merged sets are a bad idea we already have the rom packs and updates for those that want full sets anyway

Though for CHD's we don't, I'm not saying we should do that but maybe the option to download a download list/dlc type file for Jdownloader or something like that

P.S. I can find out what is missing for the CHD's if you like, it's not that hard to do when you know how to manipulate dat files

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I have downloaded Thousand Arms [2Discs] [U] 4 times now:
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...Thousand_Arms_[2Discs]_[U]/37686

I've cleared my cached in between and still get a broken file.
    It appears that the 7Z archive may be damaged or corrupt on the server.

I am using Chrome but have also tried a 5th time with wGet for Windows with the same results:
    https://aboutmybrowser.com/lYQWKGte

Thank you.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I just added the functionality for the parent rom to be mentioned on a game info page (http://www.emuparadise.me/News/comments.php?id=1082). I found that MAME can output all the 'brothers' of a file/driver so it was easy to fill it into the database.

Yeah the CHDs are not so many in number so I think even based on missing files/different files it's possible to find out which ones are new or updated. However, adding them can be a pain because I believe even some file names have been manipulated in the middle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MasJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer1984 View Post
    I have downloaded Thousand Arms [2Discs] [U] 4 times now:
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...Thousand_Arms_[2Discs]_[U]/37686

I've cleared my cached in between and still get a broken file.
    It appears that the 7Z archive may be damaged or corrupt on the server.

I am using Chrome but have also tried a 5th time with wGet for Windows with the same results:
    https://aboutmybrowser.com/lYQWKGte

Thank you.
    I'm assuming the issue is that you are unable to extract the .7Z archive ?

I've just tested the file on the server:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. You shouldn't be having this problem.. Can you please tell me if you're using HTTP/FTP and if you are segmenting your downloads using a download manager or something ?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MasJ View Post
    Well, I just added the functionality for the parent rom to be mentioned on a game info page (http://www.emuparadise.me/News/comments.php?id=1082). I found that MAME can output all the 'brothers' of a file/driver so it was easy to fill it into the database.

Yeah the CHDs are not so many in number so I think even based on missing files/different files it's possible to find out which ones are new or updated. However, adding them can be a pain because I believe even some file names have been manipulated in the middle.
    smart arse not bad

I wouldn't worry too much about CHD's only 178 are listed working out of the 616 anyway

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have looked at the CHD's yeah they are very much out of date, might be an idea just to upload the working ones to minimize how much you upload to the server

P.S. I have recently posted a samples pack that has nothing missing from it, you are more than welcome to rape that, it's small enough and only 76 roms require samples anyway 224 MB total size

I have nothing missing from MAME now myself, though I will be looking for extra files such as art work, history, cheat files ect, not that I am big with MAME but thought I would grab the beast again as there has been a few posts asking about MAME.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I got a CHD update waiting to get deployed. The thing is our server had another hard drive crash last week (almost no one noticed cause I switched over to the backup server which I've recently setup..). I'm waiting for the new hard disks to sync (takes a looong while for 14TB under constant load..) before I do any new updates

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

:/ that sucks, ouch!!

Great that everything seems to be getting updated but not so much that we had a server crash out

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Pokemon White Version 2 does not work. I mean, it downloads fine and everything, but whenever I try to extract it, it simply gives me an error (which I have looked up and found nothing). I have downloaded the file several times with the same error every time--basically fails to extract because some sector/part is corrupt. I'm downloading direct from the website, if that's what you mean, and I'm on Chrome but that doesn't affect what's happening.

Here's the link to the rom: http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_D...64833-download

Once again, the downloading process itself did not go awry, but the file is messed up and most likely needs to be reuploaded. Cheers mates!

Thanks
    EP Points

I just tested the file on the server and it appears to be alright. Could you please try switching your download preference to FTP and see if that helps ?

Thanks

Default wind waker

The legend of zelda wind waker link does not even start the download I have tried firefox, internet explorer, and google chrome yet it still does not work.

Thanks
    EP Points

What seems to be the problem ? Just tested the link and it worked alright..

Thanks

Default wind waker

It just does not give me the file it just sits there and loads

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jolleyman View Post
    I strongly recommend a download manager www.freedownloadmanager.org is what I use myself

You can try changing from HTTP to FTP or vice versa that is in Edit Download Settings that should be just under the final download link, there is also regional setting there as well.

Your ISP may of blocked one of those so manually setting up the Download Settings may be needed for you.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-October-2013 at 19:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jolleyman View Post
    Where are you located ? Did you try switching between our North American and Europe servers ?