Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast

Thread: Posting a Broken Link ? Read this first.

Thanks

I hadn't changed or updated anything addon-wise. I had also tried FTP, with the same result. I'll give it a go again and also double check to make sure that something isn't blocked due to an updated filter list.

Update: FTP gave the same result. I did give it a go in IE and it worked fine. I'll fiddle with Firefox and let you know what I find. Thanks for the help!

Update 2/Problem solved: Tried it with all addons disabled, no change. Updated Firefox, same issues, noticed that the tab bar was showing even though it's set to hide the tab bar with only one tab open. Updated "Tab Mix Plus", finally got to the error page about an incorrect referrer. After clicking to add an exception and testing it with multiple files, I can confirm that I am now able to download via Firefox.
    Last edited by DarkBubble; 29th-August-2013 at 17:48.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah that referer exception stuff wasn't there before. I just added that to help you out. Is everything working alright now ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MasJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah, everything worked perfectly after that. Since it was probably what you did on your end, I don't know what could've been sending an incorrect referrer on my end. It had always worked fine before.

Seriously, though, I appreciate your help! It's not often that you run across people dedicated and nice enough to act so quickly, if at all. You rock!

Thanks

Your emuparadise links are all ok but nds games files have dead inside 7z extension files!!Your all nds games which packed in 7z files CAN'T BE EXTRACTED!!I HAVE TRIED ALL SOLUTIONS BUT NO LUCK!

Thanks
    EP Points

Which files are you trying to extract and what extraction program are you using?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I had a look at a few nds games they all seem just fine to me and extract just fine

I use just www.7-zip.org to extract those, and every other compression format (there are a few that are not supported by 7-zip but those are obscure formats like Arc format)

If a few games had been named we could of checked exact roms to see if there was any issue with those

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hi Zorlon i have downloaded Castlevania order of ecclesia from your website and whenever i tried to extract it then i only get 0 bytes game?!I didn't download it incomplete!Please solve the problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by coldycold View Post
    Hi Zorlon i have downloaded Castlevania order of ecclesia from your website and whenever i tried to extract it then i only get 0 bytes game?!I didn't download it incomplete!Please solve the problem.
    Since you already created a thread explaining what your problem is, let's stick to it, we'll continue there.

EDIT: the thread was moved to Everything Emulation (Nintendo Systems) since it was originally posted in a wrong area.

EDIT2: E and U versions of the game confirmed to extract fine using 7zip.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 13th-September-2013 at 16:23.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cookie is a pretendy Zorlon

The info is perfect though the games do indeed extract fine with 7-zip

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Not Sure if this is the correct forum for this, but I'm having a a terrible time extracting the .iso from the .7z archive. Tried to download each file three times from separate browsers (Firefox and Comodo Dragon, and also Internet Download Manager) Each time I get this error: "Data error in (Name of file.iso). File is broken." To test my system, I downloaded a few 7z files from other sites, and unpacked them no problem. The issue has occurred so far on The bard's Tale (USA), (http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...8USA%29/150173) and Final Fantasy XII. (http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...8USA%29/150558) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Browser info:
    https://aboutmybrowser.com/UrcKc0O5
    Time latest attempt to download: 8:33 pm cst

Thanks
    EP Points

The files on the server are alright but sometimes large downloads such as this get corrupted on the wire. The best way to solve such an issue is to switch your download preference to FTP for large files. You can do this by clicking "Edit Download Settings" on the download pages. Click on FTP and then Update.

Then, try re-downloading your file and hopefully it'll come through alright. We're aware of corruption issues with large files and are looking to find solutions that will help us solve these issues.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

P.S. the Mame set has another update to take it to 0.150

I uploaded the update pack to http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?87346 if you want to add the update pack, it's only 64mb apx

I admit that only has roms in it though, there are new CHD's as well that we are currently missing, also noticed we have a few out of date emulators that could do with fixing at some point, if you want a list of emulator that are out of date I can check through them if you like.

I also noticed (but I'm not going to go through all of those) that some of single 0.149 rom downloads are from update packs rather than being full roms, a game that came up was xsleena.zip (Xain'd Sleena) that one only has 2 of the roms in it I put in an attachment for a user at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?87142

Though if you can scan those yourself and send me a missing Dat I would be willing to fill the gaps for you as I have just gone for a full MAME set though I am still missing a ton of samples and CHD's at the moment, I done this mostly because a few are asking about MAME at the moment.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the heads up Zorlon. I've gone ahead and updated the MAME set on the site to 0.150 - I will add the update pack in a day or two. Also, I addressed the issue of some of the roms being from the update pack by replacing the entire set on the site with the full mame 0.150 set. So files like xsleena.zip should now be the correct size with all the rom files included in them.

Regarding the emulators, yeah the section is an absolute mess. I'm working on a new system which will help us keep emulators *far* more organized and will allow us to present users with the most updated versions of emulators first instead of this weird section that we have right now. It should be done soon hopefully

The CHDs haven't been updated in years so maybe I'll look into doing that sometime soon too.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MasJ For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wow nice work

P.S. I don't think that the CHD's need replaced or anything there are just new ones, not sure how many as I have only seen one so far that we don't have but I only have the first few myself so far

99bottles.chd is the only one I have noticed so far

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm sure there must be a few CHDs because our CHD set is 0.141 and weighs 222GB whereas the current 0.150 set is around 287GB. I just have to figure out a decent way to merge them on the server

I also want to do something on the site to indicate what the parent rom for a given rom is. I get tons of emails from people trying to load up a MAME game and not getting the file to work. Was thinking of replacing the set on the site with a merged set but that's messy because not everyone wants all the different versions of a game at once... can't win, eh ?