Page 37 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elmdor-Appreciation-Out - Number of practitioners: one.

Miami, FL 3️⃣ 0️⃣ 5️⃣ I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    Spoiler warning:

That's classic, a dad's training duty is.

"All too easy." ~ Darth Vader

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Update on the two pc junkers I got...

The unidentified ASUS mb is ASUS Prime B250M-C.

So I pulled the 2x8GB Kingston sticks from the other rig and added them to the Prime mb, so it has those plus the original Corsair Vengeance LPX sticks now, all running at 2133MHz. The Corsair sticks can actually run at like 2400MHz but I'm fine with the way it all is now.

Also pulled the 480GB sata from the other rig and added it to the Prime setup, so it has 3x ssd now. Probably won't bother about adding a platter sata to it, I can just use usb3 drives.

Other mb (ASUS B150M-A) I've just put in a single Team Elite 16GB stick I had lying around, rated for 3000MHz, and threw in a spare 1TB sata platter drive... installing win10 now but this will just be put away as a spare atm. I know one stick is less than ideal but it's all I have to put in there... also I don't give a fuck

So main desktop rig is now:

CPU: Core i5 - 6500 @ 3.20GHz
    Ram: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 + 2x8GB Kingston DDR4 - both pairs @ 2133MHz
    M/B: ASUS Prime B250M-C
    Graphics: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 OC 2GB
    Storage: 2x 256GB WD PC SN520 NVMe + 1x 480GB Kingston A400 sata3 SSD
    Monitor: ASUS VW246H

Keyboard & mouse: Logitech K120 ( ) & Razer Deathadder essential - both were new at least, I had them stored away here for a while.

This rig is still running the original W10 Pro install so I need to do a fresh install, not today though I've done enough for the time being

atm I'm thinking all I'll probably do with this is maybe try out TES 2/3 mods and shit like that

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I could probably do with a more solid psu though... recommend me silver/gold 600w or a little more

Spoiler warning:

Miami, FL 3️⃣ 0️⃣ 5️⃣ I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I could probably do with a more solid psu though... recommend me silver/gold 600w or a little more
    Excellent gift both in repurposed hardware and your gift at repurposing it. Right now I'm supposed to be sleeping because I start my mornings at 6 AM for a busy day, and I'm messing around playing games instead because at this rate WWIII will break out then play time is definitely over.
    Last edited by Till; 19th-December-2023 at 06:43.

Thanks
    EP Points

Been watching The Lieutenant (1963), not sure why I never watched it tbh.
    I wasn't surprised to see Nimoy (I've seen him in plenty of 60's tv shows), but even Montalbán is in one ep and Koenig pretty much looks like a kid

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I wasn't surprised to see Nimoy (I've seen him in plenty of 60's tv shows), but even Montalbán is in one ep and Koenig pretty much looks like a kid
    is that a western or a WWII show?
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nimoy was a pro folk music singer too, and epic narrator. He was all over the place doing many diferent things including writing a book pointing out that he was not just Spock then one about being Spock.

Which reminds me, I'd like to see In Search Of episodes in chronological order of airing on TV without editing like on YouTube. Epic selection of topics and epic narrator.
    Last edited by Till; 19th-December-2023 at 13:18.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've been adding some mods to FO3 lately and got to thinking about doing some on my own(just armor and item stat mods) so I spent around 2hrs looking for any threads on it and finally came across one that was similar to what I was wanting to do.
    The threads' only useful response was "look at a this tut here's a link" so I click on the link, it's dead so I try to find some tuts all I find are ones for doing textures and meshes *sigh* I'll have to make a thread and see if I can get an answer or at least a working link.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    I've been adding some mods to FO3 lately and got to thinking about doing some on my own(just armor and item stat mods) so I spent around 2hrs looking for any threads on it and finally came across one that was similar to what I was wanting to do.
    The threads' only useful response was "look at a this tut here's a link" so I click on the link, it's dead so I try to find some tuts all I find are ones for doing textures and meshes *sigh* I'll have to make a thread and see if I can get an answer or at least a working link.
    The unique stat mod for armor is +1 or higher perception for better sniping, not usually found on clothing or armor and combines well with ant mutation in FO3.

Also, anything that has +2 endurance and +2 strength combined is very useful. Improves melee, carry weight and survivalbility as well as longer distance sprinting.

As for narration, Michael Dorn(Worf) is well suited to it however what he's narrated is not the same subject matter as Nimoy because he covered all the most interesting bases before Dorn.
    Last edited by Till; 19th-December-2023 at 18:15.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If I develop a game it will be in a Gothic setting combining cyberpunk and steampunk called Cybersteam, action game with RPG elements and graphic novel featuring Amy Lee as bard tinkerer with magical music powers and inventions.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." ~ Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    is that a western or a WWII show?
    Neither. It appears to be set at the time.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Might have contributed to Nimoy and Montalbán collaborating in Star Trek years later, the new klingons look like mutant freaks compared to 90s klingons and ToS klingons, Montalbán was perfect and would have been unrecognizeable in this era.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    If I develop a game it will be in a Gothic setting combining cyberpunk and steampunk called Cybersteam, action game with RPG elements and graphic novel featuring Amy Lee as bard tinkerer with magical music powers and inventions.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." ~ Arthur C. Clarke
    that would be cool.
    oh not what I expected.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Voice synthesis is able to replicate the speech of specific people and is improving, not able to sing though otherwise I'd need Amy's permission to use her voice in a game as a singer. Her likeness is fair use as fan art but I'd also like to get her permission as an ode to her.