Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1406

Thread: The Elmdor-Appreciation-Out - Number of practitioners: one.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    also seems to be more(and rather unnecessary) explosions it's starting to feel like night rider.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Concerts are a waste of money now.
    There's a chick at work that basically puts most of her paycheck towards more concerts, she still lives with her folks

Spoiler warning:

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

I saw Roger Waters in 2011 at The Wall Live tour. That cost me £80 plus booking fee, around £85 total. I only went because it was the next best thing to seeing Pink Floyd. Rammstein in contrast only cost £40 and it was worth every penny.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

I have a list as long as my arm of concerts I went to in the 80's and 90's that cost next to nothing. I can't be arsed these days being ripped off. I get that the bands have to hire the venue and pay roadies and other staff, but when the venue also gets in on the act charging £10 a pint and £8 for a hot dog with a dry bun no onions or sauce, they can fuck off. And don't get me started on merchandise... £25 for a mug at Roger Waters, fucking mug alright!

That turned into a bit of a rant towards the end.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I got to see Nirvana for free at Bayside where those shadow people aliens invaded and it was the best concert I attended. Kurt, Krist and Dave did cool shit like that.

Edit:// perhaps it was only fitting as final performance.

https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/mus...oncert-6433799

And it was unplanned, was in the area fishing when I asked the workers there what was going on. So I was probably either lucky to be the first arrival with the closest view or unlucky because I decided to be close to the speakers and ended up losing my hearing for two weeks afterward. But I did get to see the band up close.

Getting to see the stage, props, equipment and instruments being set up was just as cool as watching my favorite band at the time treat me to a free concert by surprise, the band was there early and I didn't approach them to not be a nuisance to them. Kurt seemed so happy, hard to believe four months later he commited suicide. In retrospect I might have been so happy I presumed everyone else was happy, I don't presume my happiness is anyone else's anymore. It's something personal.
    Last edited by Till; 26th-February-2024 at 17:28. Reason: Maybe the aliens felt left out...
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    I know the price of concerts(and most live events) have been going up for a while now but holy fuck that's expensive. for that price you better be getting a hooker some good booze and food.
    I'd probably have just as much fun grabbing a six pack and sitting outside of the arena and listening in!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I'd probably have just as much fun grabbing a six pack and sitting outside of the arena and listening in!!!
    Aye, standing near to the speaker during a concert is best spot in the house or worst after two weeks of losing your hearing. Seems like a good idea at first to listen to Kurt riff off his grunge guitar at highest volume possible, but I also lost my hearing with the best spot at the mosh pit next to the giant speaker at a Saigon Kick concert so being able to see the sweat dripping from the pores of a band isn't worth it outside of visuals. Mosh pit ettiquette: when you knock somebody with the balls to enter it down, pick him up so he doesn't get trampled to death and is only bruised.
    Last edited by Till; 26th-February-2024 at 20:42. Reason: Saigon Kick, when you're expecting power ballads and it includes Iron Maiden covers and a berserk mosh pit all around you...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you were to travel back in time during the 90s, you'll find me as berserk guardian of mosh pits knocking everyone down with power slams if it gets too rowdy to get to somebody knocked down to rescue them before they get trampled by picking them up, setting the tone for rock ettiquette at concerts, helping everyone to get back up and if they can't asking them if they need medical assistance. Navigating chaos to minimize casualties.

Edit:// And out of all mosh pits from hell I've been in the rowdiest was at a Saigon Kick concert of all places, it began where I was standing all around me. I spent the rest of the concert in that pit protecting concertgoers and security entering the pit, moshing the entire time as designated slammer. Helped that local people knew me, made it possible to have people pick the ones knocked down before I slam everyone down to the rescue picking them up. I was a regular at the club that was the venue for that concert, every regular knew me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saigon_Kick
    Last edited by Till; 26th-February-2024 at 21:44. Reason: Methinks I was at the right place at the right time to save many lives as rockhero...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    I have a list as long as my arm of concerts I went to in the 80's and 90's that cost next to nothing. I can't be arsed these days being ripped off. I get that the bands have to hire the venue and pay roadies and other staff, but when the venue also gets in on the act charging £10 a pint and £8 for a hot dog with a dry bun no onions or sauce, they can fuck off. And don't get me started on merchandise... £25 for a mug at Roger Waters, fucking mug alright!

That turned into a bit of a rant towards the end.
    Pretty much this.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

These bots swarming to offer dates need to specify if it's the Armin Meiwes brand dates.

If you're stupid enough to fall for dangerous Internet scams don't say you were not warned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfishing
    Last edited by Till; 27th-February-2024 at 00:31. Reason: Internet is an oftentimes evil place...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I don't understand the appeal of live concerts, just not my thing I guess. I have gone to a few orchestral video game music concerts, they were interesting. Sadly that includes Video Games Live, which dirties my memory of what was fun, fuck Tommy Tallarico. That pathological liar apparently can't even play a guitar, and just air guitared over pre-recorded guitar tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Mmmm, I do enjoy the din of faraway music, that sounds like a good time.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I don't understand the appeal of live concerts, just not my thing I guess. I have gone to a few orchestral video game music concerts, they were interesting. Sadly that includes Video Games Live, which dirties my memory of what was fun, fuck Tommy Tallarico. That pathological liar apparently can't even play a guitar, and just air guitared over pre-recorded guitar tracks.

Mmmm, I do enjoy the din of faraway music, that sounds like a good time.
    Could be worse, a documentary of it directed by Uwe Boll. Narrated by Tommy Tallarico with AI generated script and Nickleback original soundtrack new album release. With Menudo and New Kids on The Block intermittently during cutscenes. That would be an epic trainwreck with fans.
    Last edited by Till; 27th-February-2024 at 01:23. Reason: Things can be much worse, enjoy the non-existence of certain things...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Uwe Boll is so misunderstood

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Uwe Boll is so misunderstood
    So is Rob Van Winkle in a Ninja Turtles movie never mentioning he's from Texas but fitting in at any Miami gutter or fictional one. He's cool just misunderstood, it's like I often say when asked where I'm from, it's not where you're from it's where you're at. Were you expecting me to talk like Desi Arnaz and not like Edgar Allen Poe when not deliberately talking fluent redneck? Yes I'm Cuban. Confusing, isn't it? Not as confused when I speak British English, Aussie, Kiwi and street slangs in those dialects.

Edit:// This is what I was wearing when I was in school and I wasn't wearing rocker clothes. What the guys are wearing as a sample example not the girls but they were dressed just as fashionably for Miami's urban setting. ;p

My wardrobe included Z-Cavaricci and Capezio too.
    Last edited by Till; 27th-February-2024 at 07:10. Reason: Vanilla Ice has a good fashion sense, UM is my alma mater...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

we had some pretty nasty weather tuesday night at least 1 tornado 2 counties south/south east of here. the fucked up part is while this was going on there were winter weather advisories issued for wed the temp dropped around 28 degrees from 12am to around 7am it ended up being windy and we got some snow that was melting on contact.
    I think this is the earliest severe(non winter) weather we've had.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w