Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elmdor-Appreciation-Out - Number of practitioners: one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    I have that show and have yet to watch it. maybe I will watch that after I finish airwolf today.
    It's good to have a copy of that series, one of the best. They really goof the floof in epic fashion on that show.

"And they had elected a fellow by the name of Xenu, ahhh, could be spelled X-E-M-U, to the supreme "rulah", and they were about to unelect him. And he took the last moments he had in office to really "goof the floof." ~ L. Ron Hubbard
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    For that I just play backups of A-Team, MacGyver or whatever old stuff
    Never did get into those. My older brother likes them a lot though.

When I want to just have brainless stuff, there are a couple genres of anime I usually go with.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Cthulhuland roller coaster, must be 5 feet tall to ride, not liable for lost souls or heart attacks from spills and chills in trills.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

For that I just play backups of A-Team, MacGyver or whatever old stuff
    I liked the A-team, I thought macgyver was so-so.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

The A-Team movie from 2010 or whatever was pretty meh, though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    The A-Team movie from 2010 or whatever was pretty meh, though.
    TV shows have better script writing than movies because films have to condense an entire story into two or three hours. It's not just the action movie when converted to film, The A-team has very good dialog and comedy.

Edit:// you'd think Eldritch horror and Lovecraft are off-topic in a gaming forum, however there are excellent games based on the Cthulhu mythos. Perfect for those that can't be arsed to read a Lovecraft novel and can play in one.
    Last edited by Till; 10th-December-2023 at 01:22. Reason: I like Tolkien too...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I have that show and have yet to watch it. maybe I will watch that after I finish airwolf today.
    IIRC they recast Dukes of Hazard, for just like the third or maybe fourth of like 5-6 seasons, and then reverted to the original cast. And it was fine throughout? If my memory is fine, it's been like 20 years or something.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    IIRC they recast Dukes of Hazard, for just like the third or maybe fourth of like 5-6 seasons, and then reverted to the original cast. And it was fine throughout? If my memory is fine, it's been like 20 years or something.
    According to wiki, Bo and Luke characters were missing in most of S5 due to pay disputes with the actors. Characters Coy and Vance were the temp replacements.
    Deputy Cletus replaced Deputy Enos in S3/4.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I actually had to look it up as your post reminded me that there were some changes, but I couldn't remember the details

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    TV shows have better script writing than movies because films have to condense an entire story into two or three hours. It's not just the action movie when converted to film, The A-team has very good dialog and comedy.

Edit:// you'd think Eldritch horror and Lovecraft are off-topic in a gaming forum, however there are excellent games based on the Cthulhu mythos. Perfect for those that can't be arsed to read a Lovecraft novel and can play in one.
    I have played one of the games the fps one but it was impossible to finish due to a game breaking bug. I'm sure the books are good but I'm not into the "horror" genre of books I prefer classic fiction and scifi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    as long as they're established characters I'm fine with that it's things like what airwolf did with the 4th season that irritate me. rant
    Spoiler warning:
    in the first episode of the 4th season they just retconned kate they wrote off archangel by putting him on assignment in europe and they killed stringfellow off at the end of the episode without a proper death or send off after they finally found his "older" brother. near the end of the season they added some dialog about Dominic dying they didn't give him a proper send off either.
    the episode malduke was left open ended like they were planning on bringing him back the episode itself was the only good one of the season, dick van dyke knows how to act his son doesn't. the final episode was bland
    end of rant.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I seen a post yesterday that I felt needed to be shared
    Quote Originally Posted by SNO
    Honestly I don't care about Sega bringing back jetset radio. Bomb rush cyberfunk is the spiritual successor to the franchise. Sega and all these other companies seem to have cold feet when it comes to the less top grossing genres that are way overdone (like shooters and whatever else is popular). It's like when mighty no. 9 came out because they weren't doing anything with mega man (am I remembering this right?) These companies don't want to take risks and twiddle their thumbs and wait for other people to take risks. The video game industry makes no sense. It's over saturated- yes. But it is over saturated with the wrong type of games. There's probably other logistical explanations for why things are this way but I'm gonna keep my head down. It's like video game companies forgot they were video game companies.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I thought I remembered the last bit of Airwolf being messed up.
    Actually, back in the day it was one of those shows I maybe watched a handful of episodes... along with other stuff... Blake's 7 I never saw all eps back in the day so never actually appreciated it tbh, but I digress

So when I did watch everything there some years back (Airwolf) I was all like... WTF? Really made me feel like it was a shitty show in the end.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have played one of the games the fps one but it was impossible to finish due to a game breaking bug. I'm sure the books are good but I'm not into the "horror" genre of books I prefer classic fiction and scifi

as long as they're established characters I'm fine with that it's things like what airwolf did with the 4th season that irritate me. rant
    Spoiler warning:
    in the first episode of the 4th season they just retconned kate they wrote off archangel by putting him on assignment in europe and they killed stringfellow off at the end of the episode without a proper death or send off after they finally found his "older" brother. near the end of the season they added some dialog about Dominic dying they didn't give him a proper send off either.
    the episode malduke was left open ended like they were planning on bringing him back the episode itself was the only good one of the season, dick van dyke knows how to act his son doesn't. the final episode was bland
    end of rant.
    H. P. Lovecraft was a scientist and developed his mythos based on scientΓ­fic facts discovered in his time period, Grouch. The setting of Cthulhu story is contemporary to that of the reader and in the present, it does not have to be set in the future to be science fiction. The horror is caused by fictional aliens in a fictional universe, based on scientific cosmology.
    Last edited by Till; 10th-December-2023 at 11:11.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I thought I remembered the last bit of Airwolf being messed up.
    Actually, back in the day it was one of those shows I maybe watched a handful of episodes... along with other stuff... Blake's 7 I never saw all eps back in the day so never actually appreciated it tbh, but I digress

So when I did watch everything there some years back (Airwolf) I was all like... WTF? Really made me feel like it was a shitty show in the end.
    I think I was recommended blake 7 by one of you guys before but couldn't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    H. P. Lovecraft was a scientist and developed his mythos based on scientΓ­fic facts discovered in his time period, Grouch. The setting of Cthulhu story is contemporary to that of the reader and in the present, it does not have to be set in the future to be science fiction. The horror is caused by fictional aliens in a fictional universe, based on scientific cosmology.
    hmm well that's a new way to look at scifi.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Think of it in terms of They Live as contemporary science fiction horror, if They Live is remade the setting will be at the time of the film's release and not its future.

Edit - I'm going to really goof the floof today, my daily affirmation every morning. Nobody will ever outdo the goof Lord Xenu floofed but every little floof is worth its goof.
    Last edited by Till; 10th-December-2023 at 13:14. Reason: Floofing goof floofer goofs floofed

reductio ad absurdum