Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1405

Thread: The Elmdor-Appreciation-Out - Number of practitioners: one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    checked it out it was a 2d action platformer with bad writing it wasn't what I wanted but I did start sunkenland. I grabbed an early access version of it a while back
    it's pretty cool like minecraft+fallout 4+waterworld it runs pretty well for a unity game. I'm going to have to see if it got a full release yet.
    Yep, I've always wanted to play a faux retro Fallout platformer. Could be a Wizards & Warriors ROM hack with power armor instead of knight armor and ruined buildings instead of trees. Shishkebab blade instead of greatsword.

Also, Faxanadu can be hacked for action role-playing Fallout. It's not difficult to adapt to the different setting. Both games have the mechanics to base an indie game on but you need a license from MS and it won't happen.

Then you have game companies saying unlicensed products stifle innovation, but old games redone differently are new content better than original and the only thing that's innovative to corporations are endless official sequels to milk franchise cash cows with.
    Last edited by Till; 16th-March-2024 at 14:42. Reason: Anyway...
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Welcome to the future of the 1930s before nukes existed. Everything is artificial here. From the sweeteners, to the intelligence and the happiness in a bitter, stupid, sad world with no real ingredients.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

I am pissed at fedex I spent all day waiting for a package to show up the truck finally shows up parks across the street and sits there for 3-4 min than drives off. WTF?!
    I wanted to be there to accept it since they tend to just drop it over the porch gate instead of taking the few seconds it takes to open the gate and set it down on the porch.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There, now my Android phone Windows looks better.

Last edited by Till; 16th-March-2024 at 20:07. Reason: Anyway...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

that looks good.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just because your habitat takes precedence at the top of the food chain doesn't mean that fly larvae and vultures aren't getting the last meal above you. Without bees and pollenation life on this planet grinds to a halt, without humans at Chernobyl it's a thriving wildlife sanctuary and nuclear disaster is more hospitable to life than a human city. Without snakes rodents become a living tidal wave eating everything in its wake including animals and people unless you happen to have a flamethrower to stem the tide of endless vermin swarms. If you don't want to get bitten by snakes, don't interact with them, grab them, capture them or fuck with them for a living as a consequence of your love for reptiles not being a magical forcefield against wild animals that don't love you back.

https://www.newsweek.com/tiger-snake...ivenom-1879666

Even domesticated animals are a mess with the bull you get the horns at the top of the food chain from below.

Tiger snakes fear humans and flee if possible, only when cornered or captured are they going to bite. So are wild rabbits, I cornered a wild hare to pet it and when I grabbed it bit half of my right index finger off at the top knuckle and I won't be messing with cute wild critters anymore. Rabbits, hares and tiger snakes don't go around looking for people to attack or threaten it's the other way around. Leave tiger snakes alone and they'll leave you alone, they pose no threat even in your backyard if they have a path to escape and you don't threaten them. Same can be said of all snakes in general, however it is especially ill-advised to be bitten by a tiger snake and its multi-lethal effect concoction venom inside you for a Facebook like. I'm an animal expert; bears, snakes and sharks I don't fuck with leaving them alone and being armed in the wilderness not thinking my love for animals is an imaginary protection against them. Snake 'hunters' or any hunter can become the prey by not understanding animal behaviour.
    Last edited by Till; 17th-March-2024 at 18:10. Reason: Don't fuck with wild animals for a living or as a hobby...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Watching a bunch of anime lately per usual. Finish Lovely Complex the other day.

Playing Dragon Quest VII. Very long game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    I am pissed at fedex I spent all day waiting for a package to show up the truck finally shows up parks across the street and sits there for 3-4 min than drives off. WTF?!
    I wanted to be there to accept it since they tend to just drop it over the porch gate instead of taking the few seconds it takes to open the gate and set it down on the porch.
    That sucks. I've had my share of issues with Fedex over the years. Mostly sorted out now... Next new driver there will probably be issues again though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

I printed myself a Mandalorian Helmet.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

To me recent time has been difficult, me and my family have suffered much, it's been painful with great loss; however there is also a deep sense of catharsis about surviving long enough to see humanity evolve past being the brutal dangerous savages they have been since the beginning of human history which have traumatized me throughout decades of existence finally becoming sapient like their hubris claims in nomenclature and ignorant arrogance about their up to now being an uncivilized civilization after contact with a higher intelligence that isn't stupid like humans are.

reductio ad absurdum

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Yes! Nomenclature... and tautologies!

Glad... to hear you're feeling better?

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Shit, I'm a little confused, where'd the hangout go? I swear it was around here...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Watching a bunch of anime lately per usual. Finish Lovely Complex the other day.

Playing Dragon Quest VII. Very long game.

That sucks. I've had my share of issues with Fedex over the years. Mostly sorted out now... Next new driver there will probably be issues again though.
    7 is a long game but it's also pretty good for when it was first released. I swore that when I finished it(which I did without cheating or save states I played it on my ps3)I wouldn't touch another main DQ/DW game again. I did though I can't remember which one it was but I played one on DS and got most of the way through it but got side tracked with all the side quests and crafting then I put it down and forgot where I stopped.
    I did end up getting my package yesterday close to 5pm. what really gets me with them is this is the second time this year they have done this crap to me. the first time I ordered something from a neighboring state it realistically should not have taken more than 3 days they shipped it through 3 other states
    and let it sit for 2-3 days before finally delivering it on the last possible day a similar thing happened with an item I bought 2 weeks ago but it was shipped with usps and it was a guaranteed 2-3 day shipping it took 4(it didn't help that we had a new mail delivery person that day)
    something else I've noticed and I don't know if ebay or fedex specifically are at fault but the tracking info is off by several hours or even days. when I checked the tracking info on my package yesterday I checked it around 3am the time stamp on the tracking info said last update monday 7am
    what timezone is 3hrs ahead of eastern time? the other thing the got me was on saturday they updated the tracking info saying it was delayed due to weather there was no bad weather in this county or state then a few minuets later(according to their time stamp) it was arriving on time. they could have contacted me to tell me it was going to be late or something got messed up but they didn't. too many companies have forgotten what customer service is.
    my only real concern here was not having dropped over the gate on my porch or left where it could have gotten stolen or wet.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

https://www.salon.com/2024/03/14/pen...ing-the-truth/

Really? Is anyone expecting truth from politicians? You can watch the grass grow for more reliable action. Whatever hypotheses can be derived from factual data, we have captured and retrieved alien craft and bodies. Which only attracts more aliens that want to recover them who may or may not do so by force and with technological superiority. They could thus be a threat to national security and the world, the other threat is consequences paid for having those things in your possession. Military intelligence and a thousand other oxymorons.

Shoot first ask questions later, only stupid aliens talk to humans during endless wars and they're stupider than we are collectively as a species.

I'm not stating all humans are stupid, only that higher intelligence getting caught in the crossfire of brutal human savagery by willfully visiting this planet is amongst the least intelligent of all higher intelligences.

https://english-grammar-lessons.com/...-does-meaning/

I'm also not stating that a higher intelligence wouldn't purposely give us things to take possession of as a pretense to war under the auspices of a recovery mission. Everything extraterrestrial must be jetissoned into the sun if our monkey brain heritage is being outsmarted.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...1053-rh-factor
    Last edited by Till; 19th-March-2024 at 17:41. Reason: "Stupid is as stupid does." ~ Forrest Gump

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Holy crap! Elmdor popped in!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'd like to add that aliens are not necessarily any more intelligent than we are, they are wiser having made countless stupid mistakes to learn from over the millions of years they became advanced enough to visit Earth. They are just as prone to stupidity, arrogance and ignorance as we are. Making new and novel mistakes they haven't yet made before because there isn't precedence for a stupidity being learned from already in historical record. They consider their intelligence superior and in hubris ignore their past mistakes relying on new solutions and on their intelligence making new mistakes, just like us only they're older and wiser fools than us.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results." ~ Albert Einstein

Take solace in knowing that higher intelligence is less stupid yet nonetheless stupid and smart enough to do stupid enough things like humans creating nukes. Certainly, a civilization of highest intelligence having made every possible mistake in billions of years would not be making the mistake of visiting Earthling noobs having trillions and trillions of mistakes to make and learn from. Aliens visiting us are much like us, except more experienced and advanced morons.
    Last edited by Till; 19th-March-2024 at 17:32. Reason: Anyway...

reductio ad absurdum