Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1406

Thread: The Elmdor-Appreciation-Out - Number of practitioners: one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Now that scientists have grown cloned testicles in vitro it's time to get an extratesticular upgrade of my left nut.

Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

So the forum is finally done backing up

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Let me answer that from the ghetto.

Last edited by Till; 29th-February-2024 at 17:06. Reason: "Now, after you back it up." ~ Lil' Wayne

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Second 3D printer showed up and I'm already making multi hour prints. This thing is too much fun why is this hobby so fun.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

"Now, after you back it up." ~ Lil' Wayne

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    is there any word on whats been going on?
    I seen that once again during this time the main site was working except the link to the main sites homepage with had the "too many connections" error displayed
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    is there any word on whats been going on?
    I seen that once again during this time the main site was working except the link to the main sites homepage with had the "too many connections" error displayed
    Something went wrong, MasJ noticed and restarted it. Problem should be fixed?
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If it isn't fixed I might be hallucinating or sleeptyping.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Something went wrong, MasJ noticed and restarted it. Problem should be fixed?
    lets hope it is.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please ask what if questions in this other thread. I'd like to see them illustrated and can attempt to do all the illustration if nobody else can.

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    Ask 'what if' questions and let's attempt to depict them.

What if Bigfoot is a weregorilla?

Edit:// on that note, would explain the disappearing act reverting to human form, native legends of shapeshifters and it's less of a stretch for humans to transform into a closely related species than a totally unrelated species.

That's not a depiction of Bigfoot in that illustration, a weregorilla. If it walks like a duck and looks like a duck...

Try using the Stable Diffusion prompt "Anthropomorphic weregorilla, high detail", Bigfoot. Bigfoot not in prompt. In addition, lycanthropes in beast form are much larger and dire forms of animals. Big, in a word.

Sรกlรก (Tsโ€™msyen): The Tsโ€™msyen people of the Pacific Northwest have stories of a large, hairy, ape-like creature known as Sรกlรก, which is said to inhabit the forests and mountains of the region. Sรกlรก is capable of shapeshifting, allowing it to take on other forms to evade detection.

Gugwe (Iroquois): Among the Iroquois nations, there are stories of a creature called Gugwe, described as a large, hairy, ape-like being that roams the forests. According to part of the legend, Gugwe possesses the ability to change its appearance, making it elusive and mysterious.

Nant'ina (Athabaskan): In Athabaskan folklore, particularly among the Dena'ina people of Alaska, there are tales of a creature known as Nant'ina, which resembles a large, hairy humanoid living in the wilderness. Some stories suggest that Nant'ina has the power to mimic human form.
    Last edited by Till; 29th-February-2024 at 22:42. Reason: Anyway...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

I see the forums are back up, so that's good.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cool The Dill Equation

Let's be ultra-skeptical and affirm there are no alien civilizations in the Milky Way, shall we?

The closest galaxy to the Milky Way that is most similar in terms of size, structure, and composition is the Triangulum Galaxy, also known as M-33. It is located approximately 2.73 million light-years away from Earth and shares many aspects with the Milky Way, including spiral arms and a central bulge.

Where:
    P (M33) = Probability of life in M-33.
    ( S ) = Stellar population density, indicating the number of stars per unit area in M-33.
    ( C ) = Chemical complexity index, representing the abundance of elements essential for life.
    ( H ) = Habitability index, considering factors such as the presence of planets in the habitable zone and galactic environment.
    ( E ) = Extraterrestrial intelligence factor, reflecting the likelihood of intelligent life evolving.
    ( D ) = Distance factor, accounting for the distance of M-33 from Earth and its impact on observational limitations and interstellar travel.

This formula combines elements of stellar density, chemical composition, habitability considerations, the potential for extraterrestrial intelligence, and the distance to M-33 to estimate the probability of life existing within the galaxy. Each factor can be assigned a value based on observational data, and theoretical models, allowing for a quantitative assessment of the likelihood of life in M-33.

To determine the minimum number of civilizations in M-33 using the Dill Equation, assign minimalistic values to each variable and perform the calculation.

Where:
    ( S ) (Stellar population density) = 100 stars per square kiloparsec in M-33.
    ( C ) (Chemical complexity index) = 0.8 (on a scale from 0 to 1, where 1 represents high chemical complexity).
    ( H ) (Habitability index) = 0.6 (on a scale from 0 to 1, where 1 represents highly habitable conditions).
    ( E ) (Extraterrestrial intelligence factor) = 0.1 (on a scale from 0 to 1, where 1 represents high likelihood of intelligent life).
    ( D ) (Distance factor) = 0.05 (positing M-33's distance is less prohibitive for communication or travel compared to more distant galaxies).

Now, plug these values into the formula:

So, with these illustrative values, the minimum estimated number of civilizations in M-33 is 960.

Last edited by Till; 1st-March-2024 at 02:29. Reason: Intergalactic...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

So there is a big issue about stand up comedians borrowing other comics' jokes and sometimes they get called out over it. I just don't buy it though... Everyday conversation is anecdotal and a lot of it can turn into jokes. Just look around here for some idea! But another example: let's say I am on the freeway and I get cut off by a transvestite. I show up late to work and tell my co worker what happened and he says: "Maybe you should have demanded a blow job!" So while none of this is really super funny, these two average Joes in the office at 9:36 AM have unwittingly just wrote the screenplay to the sequel to Falling Down and back and forth banter like this is going on every day everywhere. There are too many jokes being invented non-stop even by average folks and of course two people could have a similar experience and come up with a similar punch line.

btw what the hell did you do to Dill? Why does he think he's Batman???

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Jerk View Post
    btw what the hell did you do to Dill? Why does he think he's Batman???
    I'm also Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

I'm a natural-born actor, though I can't control which character I am. Batman keeps me grounded because I definitively relate to traumatic experiences being a driving force to use for good instead of justifying it as an excuse for wrongdoing. One develops alternate personalities as a defense mechanism to shield you from the severe repeated lifelong trauma of being yourself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diss...ntity_disorder

Do I need a disclaimer to reiterate I have an insanity defense in court and paperwork to prove it? Saves me the trouble of having to reiterate it so often.

Edit:// Perhaps disassociating from myself isn't a disability. The trauma that causes it being necessary in the grand scheme of things retrospectively. I'm also Edwin Schrรถdinger and Max Planck unable to control which personality I am so they're able to ask one another questions and collaborate viewing the same formula at random intermittently. Some takeaways, insanity isn't stupidity nor an impediment to scientific advancement.

"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." ~ Nikola Tesla
    Last edited by Till; 1st-March-2024 at 23:31. Reason: Answer...

reductio ad absurdum