https://news.itsfoss.com/google-controversial-tracker/

um...i was gonna ask about this yesterday but decided to put it off and it's more a question for admin... but what do you guys think about this "Web Environment Integrity" thing google has come up with which would effectively prevent people from accessing any and all websites that use it if they're not using a browser approved by the website (or more likely google themselves)?

basically, from what i understand of it, it would lock down the majority of the "surface" internet to anyone not using chrome or a chromium browser.

so, if you were to use it on EP for example, it could completely block anyone who uses firefox from accessing the website.

i think this video goes into some detail about what it is and how it'd work.

and knowing how people will never stop using google products no matter what that company does, this "web DRM" is likely to come to pass and it's only going to have a negative effect on the internet as a whole. like ALL DRM does. it only ever negatively affects the end user and leaves everyone with an inferior product. what next, will a pirated version of the internet emerge?