Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SNES ROMs on a Real SNES...?

Thanks

Default SNES ROMs on a Real SNES...?

Does anyone know if a machine exists that allows you to play SNES ROMs on an actual SNES machine, like there is for N64? If so does anyone know what it's called and any site where I might find one for sale (other than eBay)?

Thanks for anyone who can offer me some information

(Sorry if a Mod feels it's better in another forum, I just thought it belonged here)
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks
    EP Points

yup, for snes go farther down the page

http://www.geocities.com/Baja/3222/backup.htm

edit: oh general gaming, in my opinion, hmm or maybe everything emulation???

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Yes there is one. But I can't remember what it is called...

EDIT: I remember now. It's called Super Wild Card. There are other models. I found some of them when I did some searching: Super Magicom, UFO Super Drive, Super Pro
    Fighter Q, Supercom Pro, Game Doctor SF, Supercom Partner, Dragon Boy.
    Last edited by crusher; 28th-July-2003 at 05:34.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Was there not also a hard drive / floppy drive for the snes aswell?

Long time sinse I looked into this sorta stuff though I do know there was a hard drive for the Sega Genesis though (I had one of those ) but I think the SNES also had one.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

trelimb Guest

Dude, I knew stuff like that had to exist but I never looked for it. That is just way too cool. That's all I have to say about that. Awesome.

Thanks

Thanks for your help everyone I'm gonna try to get myself one...
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!

Thanks

Heh, blatant piracy...

trelimb Guest

nah, could be used for legit backup copies to keep the originals in brand new condition... not that I've ever had a snes cartrige fail, but I actually do know somone who has. I bet they abused the hell out it though ;(

Thanks

Originally posted by Jimmy Onestroke
    Heh, blatant piracy...
    My Blatant Piracy 0wnz j00!!!1

Beware Coward!

Thanks
    EP Points

Damn, I want one of those! Too bad they cost $200 though... even if I imported it, those bastards at customs would find a way to charge me double for it.

Thanks

Originally posted by Cosmic3K
    Damn, I want one of those! Too bad they cost $200 though... even if I imported it, those bastards at customs would find a way to charge me double for it.
    We'd have to be lucky to find one in the UK...besides, would they even work on a PAL Snes?

Beware Coward!

Thanks
    EP Points

They'll work... look closely at the pictures of the Super WildCard DX in Zaladane's link, it's being used on the PAL version of the SNES. I'm guessing most of the others listed on the page would be compatible too. I just wish I could get hold of one... :\

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

That could be a PAL DX-2 or the SNES could easily be a modded SNES. As far as I know if you're not planning on modding your system you have to get yourself a correct PAL or NTSC copier.

Mmmm, the other day I mananged to score 2 copiers from a local thrift store. I'm a happy boy
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd guess that it's a PAL version of the backup device. I doubt it's a modded SNES though. Even if it was, there's no way the device would fit into the cartridge slot, as NTSC catridges are a totally different shape and size to their PAL counterparts...

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Cosmic3K
    I'd guess that it's a PAL version of the backup device. I doubt it's a modded SNES though. Even if it was, there's no way the device would fit into the cartridge slot, as NTSC catridges are a totally different shape and size to their PAL counterparts...
    The same was with the Megadive the ports were different shapes to the Genesis but if the top was removed from the Megadrive so there wasn't a plastic mold to fit the games into (Or removed the plasic molds from the carts (Personly Datels Pro Action Replay saved the day again for me so I could play both PAL and NTSC games anyway )) you could play Genesis games on the Megadrive so it is possile that there just is a plastic mold round it that can fit in both PAL and NTSC SNES machines.

Probly has a plasic mold round the card just enough to keep it steady but small enough to fit both PAL and NTSC models

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR