Thread: Burning PSX game to run on PSX console

Thanks

Default Burning PSX game to run on PSX console

Hey, I need help with some game files to burn to a CD for my PS1.
    I recently re-modded my ps1 and I am having difficulties trying to play the games I burn over to CDs.
    for example, I have burned Silent Hill from before and it works on my ps1, but when I download it from emuparadise, convert the .ECM file to .BIN and then make it into an .ISO and burn the game (the exact one), it wont boot on my ps1.
    I dont know why, a few games work, but most dont. my ps1 is a PAL version (EU) and I download european games for the console. I need help if I am doing something wrong.

I use ecm tools to convert .ECM to .BIN and then I use WinBin2Iso to convert to .ISO and then burn the game.
    if there is something wrong with my chip, I would appreciate if someone could make me an img file to burn and test if it works.

thank you in advance.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are a lot of factors that go into burning games . What type of physical media, speed of burning, file types, etc. Also, there is no need to convert to iso seeing as bin is an image file too. ISO is like "the name brand" that everyone knows.

What program are you using to burn?
    What brand of disks are you using?
    What burning speed is your program set to?

Thanks

I use Traxdata CD-R discs.
    To burn the images, I either use Nero Express 2016 or imgburn.
    And the speed is always set to burn at 16x (2 400 KB/s) because I cant go slower than that.

yesterday, I tried an old Silent Hill game that I had burned a few years ago, and it worked perfectly, I went to emuparadise to download the game again so I could have it in my library folder, and decided to burn it to test if it worked and it didnt. I tried to download another game called King's Field and converted and burned in the exact same method and that one worked. I dont know what I am doing wrong or what's wrong with the files.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CaStiLzOr View Post
    I use Traxdata CD-R discs.
    To burn the images, I either use Nero Express 2016 or imgburn.
    And the speed is always set to burn at 16x (2 400 KB/s) because I cant go slower than that.

yesterday, I tried an old Silent Hill game that I had burned a few years ago, and it worked perfectly, I went to emuparadise to download the game again so I could have it in my library folder, and decided to burn it to test if it worked and it didnt. I tried to download another game called King's Field and converted and burned in the exact same method and that one worked. I dont know what I am doing wrong or what's wrong with the files.
    Are those blank discs old and are they silver? Traxdata CD-R can go bad if they get stored for a long time without being used iirc, so many people regard them as bad discs.
    Some Ritek DVD media is like that too, but other Ritek DVD media is ok sitting for a while plus considering how cheap it is.

Edit:
    Don't convert bin/cue to iso you can wreck the image.
    Just burn the bin/cue by selecting the cue.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 29th-August-2016 at 03:34.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Are those blank discs old and are they silver? Traxdata CD-R can go bad if they get stored for a long time without being used iirc, so many people regard them as bad discs.
    Some Ritek DVD media is like that too, but other Ritek DVD media is ok sitting for a while plus considering how cheap it is.

Edit:
    Don't convert bin/cue to iso you can wreck the image.
    Just burn the bin/cue by selecting the cue.
    they're a year old or something and yes, they are silver. I can still use them for other things like music, data etc. and never fail, so I think I am doing something wrong when I burn them to be played in my ps1 :/
    the thing is, I dont know how to burn them using a .cue because in the RAR folder, they are as for example: Resident Evil 2 (E) (Disc 1) (Leon Disc) (Track 1) [SLES-00972].bin.ecm
    and then I try to convert them to .BIN and when I do there is no .cue to use the image.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The link for CUEs and SBIs on Zorlon's ECM and APE Guide has a .CUE for you, it even lists the same file name in your last post so you just download, extract, pop the .CUE into the folder with your .BIN file and move on to the next step.

The .CUE file is very small and not included in the .ECM compression because it is a little bit of plain text that you can edit in notepad. The reason I noted the same file name is that this is essential, .CUE will not work right if the .BIN file name is wrong.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 30th-August-2016 at 00:17.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    The link for CUEs and SBIs on Zorlon's ECM and APE Guide has a .CUE for you, it even lists the same file name in your last post so you just download, extract, pop the .CUE into the folder with your .BIN file and move on to the next step.

The .CUE file is very small and not included in the .ECM compression because it is a little bit of plain text that you can edit in notepad. The reason I noted the same file name is that this is essential, .CUE will not work right if the .BIN file name is wrong.
    thanks, this sorted my problem
    I had no idea, I thought I had to convert them into .ISO files, but appearantly not.
    thanks alot, I really appreciate it!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Lol no don't convert to iso, it's bad thing with most console images, all PSX images all Dreamcast images and any other images that use CDDA

iso is a loose term for CD image and does not mean .iso format

PSX part of the file system does not convert to iso unless you do this correctly
    Dreamcast CD images are multi session that *.iso just does not support
    CD's with CDDA, *.iso only support data and would have to store CDDA tracks outside and a cue or other descriptor to link it all together

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR