Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need help getting two GBA games to work on PSP, I'm in a very uncomfortable situation here

Thanks
    EP Points

^^ some members don't realize how MEAN spirited a place can be, so they refuse to sit idly by while the echelons toy with the users.
    @ op.
    get hkSFV and run the rom through it.
    when hashtag is generated (md5/sfv) open it via text editor and compare it's numerical string to the good dump hash.
    it should match up 100%.
    if not, it's a bad dump, or a totally different version/unknown. (leaning on the former if mismatched)
    [edit]
    dumbass keyboards.

Thanks
    EP Points

meh all I know is that this guy isn't worth the trouble of me patching and tracking down patches and such
    If somebody could have linked me to a download of a good version of this ROM it would have helped but I guess not

thanks for all the help anyways, but this is more than I'm willing to deal with for some random guy

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

quicker to patch after checking what you have that may be fine anyway

also no tracking down needed I done that for you

As you may have noticed we are not allowed to link off site anyway to another rom site

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

sorry, that went over my head, as I said I'm not tech savvy at all, real sorry
    I'm going to carefully re-read your posts now and try to figure this out not for his sake, but for my sake, maybe I'll need something like this in the future for some game I want to play

I really appreciate all the help, and again, I'm sorry im so slow when it comes to all this

alright now all this makes sense!
    My tournament edition has a CRC of D4EF03EE

you see, I never noticed what all those columns say, I'm 90% legally blind and don't take this as an excuse, but if there's text on the screen that isn't relevant to me I don't make much effort to read it since to me it's downright unreadable unless I zoom in or make a significant effort to read it, so I never noticed there was a friggin CRC column all these years, god I feel so dumb

UPDATE: Thanks a lot for the help! It works great now
    And thanks for teaching me about CRCs and the like, this helped me a great deal

now I assume I use an IPS patcher like I normally would with ROM translations then

thank you so much and again I'm sorry
    I'll post results when im done
    Last edited by ShinigamiKiba; 31st-July-2016 at 13:44. Reason: merged posts

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes that is exactly what you do

I used to use IPS XP but any would do

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

It's all good now
    dunno if I should tell the guy or not since he can't comprehend computers at all and he is going to think I can fix Big Mutha Truckers and that Neo Geo Sidekick Soccer 3 games too but those are definitely broken on PSP

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There may be a way to get those working also but I am about to go away for a few days so no intention of looking into those just yet

Up to you to share what you have learned so far though

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]