Thread: ps2 Culdcept ISO is damaged

Thanks
    EP Points

Default ps2 Culdcept ISO is damaged

Can someone please help me with here I can find a WORKING Culdcept iso that the pcsx2 can play? I mean, I guess I can get an old xbox at a pawnshop and get the xbox version- but I prefer the ps2. The ISO available on emuparadise (and the other rom torrent servers) does NOT work. when loading the ISO it shows a series of cdvd read error, sector "xxxxxx" problems. I downloaded other games just to be sure I hadn't messed up when configuring the pcsx2 and they work fine- so it is JUST the current culdcept ISO that is the problem.

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-June-2016 at 16:46. Reason: No one actually cares about pirates here

Thanks
    EP Points

The game has a custom or hidden partition, so I can't get to the files to try to shrink it or anything. Don't think anything is wrong with the rip.
    PS2 Tool Kit
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Thanks
    EP Points

I can zip and unzip the file. looks like it is anyway, the end result looks like all my other rom's on the screen. just gives me a read error for it

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The game is listed as playable

The iso should have a crc value of a9704fdf (A9704FDF) if it does not it is not a perfect copy

7-zip can show the crc value while still compressed in a zip rar 7z file or any other compression it supports

extracted iso's you can use various tools like quicksfv so if the crc is correct on both counts then there may be an issue with emu settings maybe

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Culdcept

EDIT the CRC of the test image was 985CD8C3 odd will have a little look myself

EDIT moved this to the Everything Emulation section rather then the Everything Console section that is for real console hardware not emulated, unless you want to emulate on a PS2 or play a game direct on it then Everything Console would of been the correct section

EDIT the ISO here is A9704FDF (if your download from here does not have that crc then the chances are it was a failed download)

I also play tested the game and it ran first time, no Speed Hacks and no Game Fixes

The code contains the back end of the log
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. There are no error shown after the game loads and demo plays through
    Though for my lowish end hardware I possibly need a speed boost as I noticed a speed drop during the demo mode play
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-June-2016 at 18:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
    * * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1585960 sectors)
    Opening USB
    Opening FW
    Opening DEV9
    McdSlot 0 [File]: C:\Users\Marshall\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001. ps2
    McdSlot 1 [File]: C:\Users\Marshall\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002. ps2
    Plugins opened successfully.
    EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
    Bios Found: Japan v01.00(17/01/2000) Console
    BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
    BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
    BIOS erom module not found, skipping...

that is what mine's telling me, it wont even show me- it is the iso I downloaded from emu so I cant think what would be the problem. does the exact same thing on my desktop as it does my laptop.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Marshall can you please compare the extracted hash of the iso to redump?

The image on emuparadise is redump and if it does not match the download or extraction is corrupt.

http://redump.org/disc/11288/

You can check the CRC32 easy with 7zips context menu (right click on the file and choose CRC SHA>CRC 32)
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.