Thread: PSOne chipped, yu gi oh doesn't work

Thanks

Default PSOne chipped, yu gi oh doesn't work

Hello people, I've recently bought a PSOne which is chipped, to play copies, but it won't let me play Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories (NTSC-U)
    My console is NTSC-J, model SCPH-103, i think it is the latest one released.
    I've tried with Import Player Light v2.1 for SPCH-101 (Usa), and Import Player Light v2.1 for SCPH-100 (J) but neither of them get the game to work.
    Does anyone know of another software or method to bypass the game protection?

By the way, the IPL 2.1 (J) worked with FFVII (PAL), and I could play the game correctly with my NTSC-J console (in colors, no black and white)

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Tati2008; 5th-April-2016 at 17:27.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Multi region tv. I still don't understand why people keep popping up that don't have one, I can't remember the last time I saw a region locked tv

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Multi region tv. I still don't understand why people keep popping up that don't have one, I can't remember the last time I saw a region locked tv
    Depends where you live and how far behind your hardware is

For me it's an olde CRT TV I kept, otherwise I use a Plasma or the LED set that are region free

I have seen flat screen sets that are region locked still though

As for the game it has Anti mod chip protection, so I guess it needs patching if Import Player is not helping, should be on the forum, try the psx uploads section for those, I know that game does have a patch to bypass the protection

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah I have seen them before, and I've had some but they were old CRTs many years ago. The only good CRT I still have atm is multi region, I have an older LCD (720p) that is multi and my small LCD LED (1080p) is multi.

I mean I haven't seen a region locked tv for sale anywhere for many years...even the dirt cheap Chinese ones are multi. I have noticed that NTSC region peeps seem to have region locked tvs more than anybody else, not sure if that's just a coincidence or NA tvs are rarely multi

Spoiler warning:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.