Thread: M.U.L.E. for NES on NesterJ for PSP forces power off:

Thanks

Default M.U.L.E. for NES on NesterJ for PSP forces power off:

When I start up the rom it'll act fine until you try to start a game, upon which selecting number of players results in it freezing on this screen for a few seconds before powering the system off with a small pop:
    20160323_171152.jpg

Once I power it back up it's like the battery was pulled, showing you the initial boot and jingle before defaulting the menu selection onto the current umd
    I tried the download from here, which worked for the non-Tengen Tetris, and one from another site, plus one I already had and they all do the same.

Any suggestions?

Psp System Software: 5.50 GEN-D2
    Emulator is: NesterJ 1.11 RM
    Last edited by BlazingSun72; 23rd-March-2016 at 22:33.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

I don't know about emulating NES on PSP personally (as I emulate those games on DS) but that CFW you're using is really old. This wouldn't be related to the issue you're having, but don't you have to mess around to get some PSP games to work (patch them)?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Thread moved.

I don't know about emulating NES on PSP personally (as I emulate those games on DS) but that CFW you're using is really old. This wouldn't be related to the issue you're having, but don't you have to mess around to get some PSP games to work (patch them)?
    I initially glanced around this forum to see if anything that was similar was already posted, but I must've accidentally backed up one step too far before creating the thread XP

To answer your question, I'm assuming CFW means something like cracked firmware? Unfortunately I'm not the one who modded it and my knowledge is primitive, but I can usually scrape by. If a psp iso doesn't work I have a tool that usually patches it, so while their is better Os's out there it just hasn't been necessary yet, so I'm kinda treating it as, if it's not broken don't fix it. But yes, patching has happened with a couple.

The friend I got it from isn't the most proficient either, and what he used to know he's forgotten or forgetting, so I'm slowly getting into it to become self sufficient.

edit: Just kidding, I was no where near this forum XD
    Last edited by BlazingSun72; 23rd-March-2016 at 22:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well you're on 5.50 so update to 6.60 official firmware first, then install 6.60 PRO-C fix3. This will give you PSOne Classics support (just place those official eboots in the GAME folder) and all PSP ISO dumps will work without patching.

The last official firmware is 6.61 but you only need to go as far as 6.60 (6.61 update wasn't really games related, just online crap afaik). The more recent releases like Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky 2nd Chapter and Brandish The Dark Revenant will work and like I said you can use official PSX eboots without messing around.

Edit:
    If you are really inexperienced and worried about installing new Custom FirmWare you don't even need to install permanent type. Temporary type has a virtual 0 brick risk, it just means every time you cold boot (from power off) you have to run Recovery to re-enable the CFW again (but it only takes a couple of seconds).
    "Street" version consoles (E1000 series) can only use temp anyway.

PSP CFW is probably one of the most simple console mods in my experience, at least now.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 23rd-March-2016 at 23:13.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

So what you're saying is update it to the Sony 6.60?
    Can I find 6.60 PRO-C fix3 here or just by googling?
    Fyi mine's a 2001

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingSun72 View Post
    So what you're saying is update it to the Sony 6.60?
    Can I find 6.60 PRO-C fix3 here or just by googling?
    Fyi mine's a 2001
    I don't think we have a current guide atm, so use this:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Remember to use 6.60 PRO-C fix3...do not use C2 as it has broken PSOne Classics support.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I've just tested M.U.L.E and it works fine for me, I'm using:

- PSP 1000/2000 (It works on both my PSPs)
    - NesterJ v1.13 (I'm pretty sure that's still the latest version even now)
    - Official Firmware 6.60
    - Custom Firmware 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3

I mean I'm not saying you need to have it all the same as I do, but this is my working setup

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

official firmware can be found at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90067

see attached for Pro C fix 3
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-March-2016 at 04:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR