Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pepsi Man EBOOT with music?

Thanks

Default Pepsi Man EBOOT with music?

Hello,
    Does anyone have an EBOOT copy of Pepsi Man for PSP cfw Pro 6.60?
    I've tried to convert the .bin file i have that works perfectly on my Android eXpse with Popstation and PSX2PSP but i get no music.
    I've also tied a few other Pepsi Man files from .ISO to .cue (with a bunch of .bin files in the folder too??) but always with the same result.
    I've tried the stuff in the rich666 thread with the same problem. He seemed to get it to work but i think we're on different cfw.
    Will Popsloader make it work? Does anyone have it working without Popsloader?
    Im really struggling with that plug in. Cant seem to follow the instructions properly for some reason.
    Thanks for any help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks

Thanks deadlegion for the fast reply!

"- Rip your game via using .ccd .img .sub format, unfortunately that is the only format supported for cdda. .bin, .cue will not work."

I'll try to find an appropriate file and go from there.
    Im brand new to this cfw stuff but im getting there.
    It just kills me when the games starts but there's no PEPSI MAAAAAANN music to get you going..

I'll keep at it.

Cheers!

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi there,
    Yeah I made it myself, I mean from files from the disk and the music, my own icons and stuff which look pretty good on PSP (to me at least). I saw your message on my profile so apologies for taking so long to get back to you as I don't go to these forums as much as I used to.

I'm not sure this site allows uploads of PSX2PSP games does it? I know another site that does though.
    You mentioned you had different firmware, what version are you on and are you using popsloader too?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by tongers View Post
    Thanks deadlegion for the fast reply!

"- Rip your game via using .ccd .img .sub format, unfortunately that is the only format supported for cdda. .bin, .cue will not work."

I'll try to find an appropriate file and go from there.
    Im brand new to this cfw stuff but im getting there.
    It just kills me when the games starts but there's no PEPSI MAAAAAANN music to get you going..

I'll keep at it.

Cheers!
    you can convert ccd img sub to bin+cue with isobuster (free use version works fine for this)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich666 View Post
    Hi there,
    Yeah I made it myself, I mean from files from the disk and the music, my own icons and stuff which look pretty good on PSP (to me at least). I saw your message on my profile so apologies for taking so long to get back to you as I don't go to these forums as much as I used to.

I'm not sure this site allows uploads of PSX2PSP games does it? I know another site that does though.
    You mentioned you had different firmware, what version are you on and are you using popsloader too?
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?79809 plenty of PSX2PSP eboots done by users, scroll down they are tagged [PSX-PSP]

sure you can upload it

another user uploaded that game though can't say I bothered with it myself http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?97236
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-February-2016 at 05:10.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

O.K. so yeah, tongers if you want to try the version that is uploaded in the link that Zorlon posted. Let me know if the music works, and if not then I can upload my version.

Thanks

Thanks guys!
    I'll try the link and get back to you.

Thanks Zorlon.. i gave it a try but its the same as what i got now, no music.
    @Rich666 if you could upload your version that would be great!
    Im on a PSP3002 with Pro6.60 cfw.

Thanks again for the replies..
    Last edited by deadlegion; 3rd-March-2016 at 01:45. Reason: merged posts

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did you grab the CDDA enabler plugin and enable it?

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hi Zorlon, i hadn't heard about that plugin. I'll give it a go tonight and get back to you.
    Thanks again!!

Hi again,
    I didn't realize that was the thing deadlegion had linked earlier.. i tried it but still no luck. I have it in the root of the memory card as follows .
    /seplugins/cdda_enabler.prx
    (i also tried to rename it to cdda_enabler.prx1 as per the instructions)
    I tried booting it up with the R button pressed but still the same. Is there a was to "enable" it like u mention Zorlon?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 1st-March-2016 at 11:58. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

I honestly didn't have to use or activate this cdda thing so I'm honestly not sure, any ideas anyone else?

I mean I'm happy to post my version, but I don't want it to be a double of something already on the site that might already work......

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by tongers View Post
    Hi Zorlon, i hadn't heard about that plugin. I'll give it a go tonight and get back to you.
    Thanks again!!

Hi again,
    I didn't realize that was the thing deadlegion had linked earlier.. i tried it but still no luck. I have it in the root of the memory card as follows .
    /seplugins/cdda_enabler.prx
    (i also tried to rename it to cdda_enabler.prx1 as per the instructions)
    I tried booting it up with the R button pressed but still the same. Is there a was to "enable" it like u mention Zorlon?
    Thanks.
    Do you rename the actual file? If you did undo that and rename it back to cdda_enabler.prx and double check the pops.txt file and make sure it only has a single 1 at the end of the path (0 = disabled 1 = enabled)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich666 View Post
    I honestly didn't have to use or activate this cdda thing so I'm honestly not sure, any ideas anyone else?

I mean I'm happy to post my version, but I don't want it to be a double of something already on the site that might already work......
    Go for it if you think it is a better version keep the same tags and name just add with CDDA to end if you want or just (CDDA) at the end whatever takes your fancy

As I stated, I never felt the need to try that game.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Thanks Zorlon.
    I'll check the pops.txt file tonight. I made the files myself like the instructions said. I made a folder called seplugins and created 3 text documents. Then i copied the cdda enabler into the seplugins folder.
    Im guessing i just double click the pops.txt and I'll see the "1" at the end?
    Thanks agin for the help guys and I'll try and try again.
    Its just that this game has some sentimental ties with me and I'd love to have it on my travels.
    You should try it Zorlon.. its good fun when the music is cranking!

Thanks
    EP Points

I couldn't even finish the second or third level It is a fun game, and oddly fully in English for a Japanese game.
    Also yeah I'll upload my version if I can (I'll have to have a look at it first), apparently it's because the .cue file was broken in the original upload apparently which gives the non-working music basically.

Thanks

I have a .bin & .cue file which work perfectly witsh music on my Android app, eXpse. I tried to use PSX2PSP and got it working on my PSP but witsh no music. .
    If you could upload your one Rich666, that would be great, i can test if its my firmware or something else..
    Once again, thanks so much for your replies!! Much appreciated!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Are you using 6.60 PRO-C fix3 CFW? I know the old pre fix3 version has broken classics support but I'm just wondering if that has anything to do with your problems?
    Just speculating...I don't use PSP for PSX games myself (have more than one modchipped PSX console and prefer using a proper controller).

Spoiler warning: