Thread: ok, I've seen plenty of Sonic hacks/mods but....

Threaded View

Thanks

Default ok, I've seen plenty of Sonic hacks/mods but....

If this doesn't go in this folder/forum/whatever, I apologize.

Now I've seen plenty of hacks of Sonic titles and even fan made sonic games that were pretty much built from the ground up. But what I was wondering is if anyone has ever thought about making a Genesis rom version of 4 Ep1 and 4 Ep2.

I bought both for my 360 (even bought clothes for avatar) and enjoyed them both. I enjoyed Ep1 more so (I seem to be the only one). But, all good things must come to an end. Especially when that end comes in the form of the ever frightening red ring of death. My arcade games are now lost. And that makes me sad.

So I got google points and bought them again for my kyosera Android phone. But as luck would have it, my favorite level from Ep1 has been replaced with a single slot machine and instead of it being a platformed level, it's now just a race of pure luck of the draw. Thank you Sonic Team......You killed my happiness (Best friend: "YOU BASTARDS!"). And on top of that, after about 5 to 10 minutes, the thumbpad part of the screen starts to become unresponsive.

Now I understand that the graphics of 4 are part of what made them so entertaining (especially when it came to my favorite card flying level) but with me at least, it wasn't the ONLY selling point. I found the game play extremely addicting.Speed running Splash Hill Act 1 is one of my faroite activities to kill time with.

But anyways, to get back onto subject. Would any of you programmers who are much more educated with this stuff than I ever have the thought of rewriting Sonic 4 Episode I and Sonic 4 Episode II as Genesis roms? Has enough time passed where Sonic Team and Sega would no longer care? And even though it would probably go against your morals of making a good game, would you guys be willing to leave in the terrible physics that are in the XB/PS arcade versions?

At second glance I believe that this DOESN'T go here. This SHOULD be in Everything Emulation, correct? If an admin can move it there I would be greatly appreciative. Or if not, I can delete this and copy and paste into a new thread over there.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 1st-February-2016 at 17:11. Reason: posts merged