Thread: trying to change region of a ps1 save

Thanks
    EP Points

Default trying to change region of a ps1 save

I dont have any problems when im changing regions of other games (tried 3-4 times, all different games, just to confirm i did it right), but for some reason i cant successfully change the region of this game called Grandia for the PS1.

I dont know if im allowed to post a link, but if you go to gamefaqs (under saves) you will find 2 saves. it doesnt matter which one, i cant change it.

These are US saves, i want to change it to EU (german).

The product ID for the german game:

SLES-02399 (disc 1)
    SLES-12399 (disc 2)

I searched a little bit and i found a topic where someone had similar problems with Grandia:

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ave-conversion

Im using memory card rex. Like i said, for other games that i tested, it worked fine, but not for this game called Grandia

The steps im doing:

open memcardrex
    go to file, open, pick grandia save from gamefaqs
    right klick on the grandia file
    then pick edit save header
    change the product id (in this case: SLES-02399) and region (in this case: Europe), press ok
    then go to file, pick save as (mcr file to use with epsxe for example)

Someone know what im doing wrong? When i load the memcard with epsxe it acts like there are no files found for this game

If you pick the gamefaqs save and open it with memcardrex, it says for the product id, SCUSP xxxx. do i need to change it to SLESP02399 (normally its - and not P) as well?

what im saying, do i need to change (in this case) the product id to:

SLES-02399 or
    SLESP02399

i tried both methods, both of them did not work

Thanks and sorry for my english.
    Last edited by vergil2012; 1st-January-2016 at 22:03.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Why don't you just create a German PAL save and look yourself

i.e. run the game save at the first point you can, then look at that save you created and look at the header, then go back and look at the header of the US save and see what the difference is yourself

P.S. not all saves are that easy to convert though and don't remember everything off the top of my head, though don't imagine it took me long to figure it out last time.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I have done it already. I have a german save file, looked inside there with memcardrex, noticed the product id and such, changed everything from the us save, but its still doesnt work.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You should of fully read the old thread, this is one game that fails for save converting, the difference between the US and EU saves is rather vast partly due to the animated icon the US version uses vs the EU version that is a static icon and going from/to ainimated to static changes the header structure rather drastically

P.S. why would you even want to use anothers save in this game, it's a fun game from what I remember though not half as good as 2 it is still a good fun game to play through yourself.

If you must cheat just use cheat codes

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry, seems like i missed that part. So, no solution, or? This is what you want to say? Sorry, my english is not so good.

I have already a complete german save, its really a great game, normally i dont care for other peoples save files, i just wanted to look for something in that US save. Instead downloading the US Image file, i just wanted to convert the save file to the region where i have already a image file availabe (german).

Its not so important, im just curious on why this doesnt convert properly and wanted to solve it. Thats it.

Thanks for the help and sorry for my english.
    Last edited by vergil2012; 2nd-January-2016 at 23:00.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For this one there are no solutions that I am aware of

What are you looking for then??
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-January-2016 at 08:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Nevermind, its not important.

But i have another question:

I have the PAL version of Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub zero (PS1 game). When i check the memory card with memcardrex my save data for Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub Zero has a USA flag and region is USA. with the Product ID starting with SLUS (for Europe it should be SLES). How is this possible? I tried saving into a different memory card etc., its still the same. Yes, i tried different iso files as well.

Any solution?