Thread: I can't get Dolphin to quit lagging

Thanks

Default I can't get Dolphin to quit lagging

Hey guys i finally got the games to work on Dolphin but no matter what i do or what settings i use i can't get more than like 10 FPS max. So obviously i can't even play any games. My laptop is maybe 5 years old and its running windows 7. Not sure on the specs but it runs fairly quick and i would think i would be able to run the emulator without any problems. I saw that i can now upgrade to windows 10 for free. Do you think that would help me? If not what do you suggest i do? Thanks.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

updating to Windows 10 will neither help or hinder the emulation

I would say it is your system specs that is slowing it down and nothing more

You can check out the official dolphin site and look at the compat notes for individual games and see what is recommended for each game as well as looking at the config guide especially at the hacks to help improve performance

Personally I just use my Wii via a software mod and run everything from an external USB HDD, including GameCube and Wii games Virtual Console games WiiWare and plenty of Homebrew including emulators of other consoles mostly for lightgun shooters myself

Do not think the GameCube or Wii are low end emulation as they are not you do need a reasonably high end system to get full speed GC and Wii emulation

Most emulation you need something a lot more powerful than the original system to get smooth emulation of that system at a guess I would say it is mostly your CPU then maybe your graphics chip set, without knowing anything more than what you have given us to work on it is hard to say, might just be a game that has issues anyway regardless of system specs
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-October-2015 at 14:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR