Thread: Kega 3.64 is freezing my games video on full screen- also- how to make it start in full screen?

Threaded View

Thanks

Default Kega 3.64 is freezing my games video on full screen- also- how to make it start in full screen?

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

I start the emulator, I press ESC to make it full screen, and the picture is stuck, but the audio is still continuing.

My goal is to click on my shortcut I have on Steam for a specific ROM, and have the game start up in FULL SCREEN, and I'm not seeing a way to do that, and toggling it to full screen is causing the freezing issue. I also would like a way to close the emulator via a keyboard shortcut.

Maybe there's a better Genesis emulator for my needs? I haven't tried another emulator, Sonic's 1-3 used to work great on Kega from what I can remember.

I've tried:

-Going into the .ini file and changing full screen from 0 to 1.
    -Running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP.
    -I've tried Sonic 1, 2, and 3.

EDIT: Okay, I added -gen -auto -fullscreen into the properties box in the Steam shortcut. I think that worked.

But now I need a way to access the menu so I can save states and load states, but esc is no longer making it small (which is the only way to reach the menu right?), it just closes the emulator completely now.
    Last edited by irrelevant_pelican; 9th-October-2015 at 02:40.