Page 59 of 145 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Armitage View Post
    Well, there's a Joe and Mac game for the game boy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KD-muQXgnQ
    Looks pretty close. I looked around a bit, there's a game called Adventure Island. Seems close too. Can't say it's exact coz that was years ago but any bit helps. Thanks.

Username: SoySauce (or similar) Name: Kenshii

Thanks

Default Dearly Loved but Forgotten

Hi all,

A bit of background...

A couple of years ago I started getting back into video games which I played when I was a kid. I was born in 1978, so the games I love were mostly released from the mid 80s to the mid 90s. With a lot of detective work, I have tracked down every game I ever loved - on more than 10 different systems...that is, all except one!

It is no coincidence that this final unknown game happens to be the one that I have only the vaguest memories of. Below I have listed every minute detail I can recall:

Facts About the Mystery Game
    * The playable character in the game is a car
    * I used to play this arcade game in small shop in Bingera Court, 245 Bourbong Street, Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia (diagonally across the street from Red Rooster)
    * The same shop also had the arcade game "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" (which was released by Atari in 1985) - could my mystery game also have been a mid 1980s Atari release?

My Memories of the Game (Which Due to the Passage of Time Could be Wildly Inaccurate)
    * I was probably playing this game between 1986-1991
    * I'm almost certain the game was an overhead / top-down view
    * I think the character car may have been a DeLorean (as in Back to the Future) or a similar Lamborghini
    * I think the game involved fleeing into garages to avoid other vehicles, collecting money, collecting repair items, collecting oil etc
    * I think the game allowed for two players but not at the same time
    * I recall that the game was quite hard i.e. my brother and I would never last very long (but how skilled could we have actually been?)

That's it - that's everything I've got. Not much I know but if anyone has any idea at all (or even a suggestions of where I could keep looking), I'd be very grateful.

I eagerly look forward to your responses.

Matt

Afterword: I got frustrated yesterday and began looking through screenshots of every arcade game released from 1984-1990 (around 2,500 screen shots). In amongst them was "The Speed Rumbler" or "Rush & Crash" as it was known in Japan. It seemed familiar but I was still unsure until my brother confirmed that it definitely was the game from our childhood. He is three years older than me, so his memory of that time is better. Thanks for your effort!

Last edited by MattDP; 17th-April-2012 at 03:23.

Thanks

Im trying to remember the name of a game I played 10-15 years ago. It was faux-3d if i recall but more smrpg style... Not doom style.

You were a working man, and something happened, and next thing you know you're stuck somewhere without any of your tools. You have to find your tools (screwdriver etc) to get past obstacles. It was a puzzle game iirc.

Thanks

@MattDP:I doubt this is your game, but try APB. Top down, car, Atari, 1987, difficult - though also single player, with a particular cop theme.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi all!

I'd like help remembering 2 games.

1. I was about 8 when I got to play this game and it was for the NES / Family Computer. It was a japanese game that my dad borrowed from his friend. It was 2d platform game.

- the hero looks like caveman / old man with black hair and a beard
    - the premise of the game is to travel in different location try to retrieve pieces of a big painting of a phoenix
    - game-play wise, somewhere in the lines of the goonies, adventure island and the likes
    - has secret locations and all
    - I was able to finish the game, but sadly I can't remember what game this is

2. my sister gave me this game as a present, again in japanese i can't find what game this is
    - premise was your a space hunter and you destroy worlds
    - you go from planet to planet, find the boss, kill him then escape.
    - gamplay was mixed with 2d verticall scrolling ala rainbow islands and some overhead gameplay during bosses
    - i wasn't able to finish the game as I've lost it

I've tried downloading every possible rom through different websites but I still can't find em. Would really appreciate it if someone could help me. thanks a lot in advance

EDIT**
    found #2 out of curiousity, it's named "Space Hunter" lol
    still need help with #1 though
    Last edited by spicycow; 16th-April-2012 at 13:51.

Thanks

2 games both ps2 the first one had the main character possessed at the beginning in a diner and he goes to the bathroom and kills someone.

The second was a game where I shut off a giant fan then slid down the chute behind the fan and there was parasite like creatures there and u have to Lower a bridge and then ur friend/partner gets attacked by a parasite and turns evil

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jables31 View Post
    2 games both ps2 the first one had the main character possessed at the beginning in a diner and he goes to the bathroom and kills someone.
    Pretty sure this is the one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenh...8video_game%29

Thanks

Default solved

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post

thats the one i also figured out the name of the other game it is called extermination. Thanks for the help!

Thanks

The game I'm thinking of is a 90s (I believe) PC RPG. I believe it was a windows game - it may have been DOS, but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it was first person, possibly third person. I can almost guarantee it was not top down. I recall crude 3D landscapes, but can't remember much else of anything. The only hint I have to go on is that I remember there being a large, gold sun type of thing at the bottom of the screen in the UI.

EDIT: It had a fantasy setting, like Morrowind.
    Last edited by BainTrain; 19th-April-2012 at 05:24. Reason: more details

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BainTrain View Post
    The game I'm thinking of is a 90s (I believe) PC RPG. I believe it was a windows game - it may have been DOS, but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it was first person, possibly third person. I recall crude 3D landscapes, but can't remember much else of anything. The only hint I have to go on is that I remember there being a large, gold sun type of thing at the bottom of the screen in the UI.
    You could try looking at bladur's gate and fallout series althought i think baldurs gate isn't pc. There are quite a few like that with the few details you remember man.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    You could try looking at bladur's gate and fallout series althought i think baldurs gate isn't pc. There are quite a few like that with the few details you remember man.
    spose baulder's gate one and two are pc dark alliance 1 and 2 are not pc just an fyi.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    spose baulder's gate one and two are pc dark alliance 1 and 2 are not pc just an fyi.
    They are my to do's after i beat the fallouts that are 3rd peron rpg's. But he never gave too many details

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    They are my to do's after i beat the fallouts that are 3rd peron rpg's. But he never gave too many details
    No baldur's gate is first person, nor are the first two fallouts. No games of the series for the PC have actual 3D landscapes except for fallout 3, which is new.

Thanks
    EP Points

No baldur's gate is first person, nor are the first two fallouts. No games of the series for the PC have actual 3D landscapes except for fallout 3, which is new.
    Depends on your idea of 3d also. but there are quite a few games that could meet that do you remember any quests or character types? Anything?

Thanks
    EP Points

The game I'm thinking of is a 90s (I believe) PC RPG. I believe it was a windows game - it may have been DOS, but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it was first person, possibly third person. I can almost guarantee it was not top down. I recall crude 3D landscapes, but can't remember much else of anything. The only hint I have to go on is that I remember there being a large, gold sun type of thing at the bottom of the screen in the UI.

EDIT: It had a fantasy setting, like Morrowind.
    The crude 3D landscapes: do you recall if there were any elevation changes? It may seem like a silly question, but most of the "3D" first person RPGs of that era had pretty flat landscapes, with any elevation changes being done via "Press L to take the ladder to the next floor."

If there aren't elevation changes, it's very very unlikely you'll ever find it, since there are just so damn many of them.