Page 402 of 440 FirstFirst ... 302352392397398399400401402403404405406407412 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 6589

Thread: What game have you recently beaten?

Thanks
    EP Points

playing at the moment 4 games p5 and yakuza (ps4) okage shadow king (ps2) and ff type 0 (xbox one)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Samus Returns, which sadly does not allow you to shoot THE BABY and make Other M not canon.

Touhou Double Focus on the Vita.
    Last edited by Aeolus Aeneas; 25th-September-2017 at 09:40.

Thanks
    EP Points

Metroid Samus Returns 100%. A beautifully crafted remake perfect for Metroid fans appetite. Its great journey throughout and I had a great time playing it. Seriously play this game!
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Finished my run of Tales of Destiny 2 (the real Destiny sequel on the PS2, as opposed to Tales of Eternia) in Korean about a month ago. Was pretty down on the game during its first half, and was really only slogging through it for the Korean practice. But I forgot that it kind of picks up as it goes on and the battle system builds up steam, and by the end I had remembered why I had had lots of fun with it when I played it in Japanese years and years ago. I enjoyed the strategic elements to the battles and the relatively high level of difficulty, and while the story is pretty much as ridiculous as I remembered, the cast of characters are pretty great and lots of fun to watch. The ending is also really sweet and quite well done. I managed to rack up a pretty decent amount of grade without really going out of my way to do so (and despite the grade system being kind of nuts and outrageously fickle), so maybe I'll replay it at some point down the line with some grade shop stuff, as I don't think I ever bothered when I played it in Japanese.

It was also the first game I've ever played from start to finish in Korean, which felt like something of a landmark in my study. There were still quite a lot of words I had to look up or ask my partner about, but there weren't nearly as many as in the Korean games I've tried to play to this point, and I understood more than enough for it to be enjoyable. And considering that I've only been casually self-studying the language for about two years, I'm pretty happy with that level of progress. I'm definitely miles ahead of where I was with Japanese after the same period of time, despite studying Japanese far more intently than I have Korean. And I think in one more year's time, I'll be at the level where I'm starting to read novels in the language. I still don't know why videogames work so well as a means of language acquisition for me. But I think with something like foreign language learning, it's best to find methods that work for you and stick to them, rather than worrying about "right" and "wrong" methods for learning another language. And games seem to be the best way for me to make that leap from textbook language to real language.

Thanks

Meerio 64 ma boi

Thanks
    EP Points

Beyond Good and Evil on og Xbox.
    Thought I should play it before BGAE2 is out.
    Doubt they'll have much in common though.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Assassin's Creed II (PS4)

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I recently played through Megaman zero 1 thru 3 working on 4 at the moment. Also just finished Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Order of Ecclesia, and Portrait of Ruin.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Lisa Trilogy: Great set of games that work both as dark comedy RPGs and also the most fucked up shit about the cycles of abuse that shape us into monsters ever written. Also you can have a drunk man vomit on people to cover them in oil and then have a man in a leopard print leotard do a sexy dance to light them on fire and that is good.

Syberia 3: This game took a decade to make and it ends on a cliffhanger. I'm actually mad about this. Despite that huge set back and the feeling that the entire game was put together with string and elmer's glue, the actual story is a perfect continuation of the franchise. Voice acting ranges from all of the ham to I'm just here because my dad ran out of money and needed someone to read some lines.

Costume Quest 1 and 2: This was a good way to start off the month of the spook. Short but very cute, clever and enjoyable turn based RPGs where kids make their costumes real to fight monsters and an evil dentist who makes a deal with a time wizard to create a cyberpunk dystopia where candy is outlawed. Also the second game is the best one cause you can freestyle a bike horn with a New Orleans jazz band while you're dressed like a clown.

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae: A spectacle fighter made by a small doujin group that's like a really simplified Platinum Games release. It's damn fun, a ton of moves to unlock and play with and a lot of challenging fights. Highly recommended, and it's dirt cheap.

Thanks
    EP Points

FFXII Zodiac Age

Spoiler warning:

Bit annoyed that the new game+ doesn't let you have the option to have the original level up system, but not bad. I'll probably trade it in since I have the PS2 version

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Tomb Raider reboot on PC.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dark souls 3

That's another one done Up to date with my souls plats. Bloodborne 2 is the next one I think if it comes out.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Welcome to Deponia: Fantastic point and click game, ends on a really strong note, and filled with good sadistic humor. Can't wait to see what the rest of the series is like.

HuniePop: Replayed it for an article I'm writing. I'd probably love if it, you know, they got rid of all the racism and MRA lingo.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    [B]HuniePop: Replayed it for an article I'm writing. I'd probably love if it, you know, they got rid of all the racism and MRA lingo.
    Wait, Hunniepop is racist? I was actually a little interested in it, but not if it's racist.

Thanks
    EP Points

finished mario kart 7 a little while back. it's really fun just wish they would have added all the snes N64 and gba tracks and maybe a couple more ds tracks.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w