Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any guilty pleasure games?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Do you have any guilty pleasure games?

Basically, a game that's not very good, but you still enjoy it. For me, Resident Evil 6. I know the game isn't really like good, but I love the gunplay and I had a lot of fun with Jake's campaign as Sherry. Playing as Jake was just kind of okay.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Don't let "popular" opinion make you feel bad about liking RE6, I had a lot of fun playing it.

Guilty pleasure games hmmm.
    For me it would be Elder Scrolls and Fallout games on consoles I guess.

Then there are some other oddities...like Enemy Front. A very dated looking WW2 shooter that people have either never heard of, or if they have, shun completely.
    Yes it looks old and there isn't anything special about the gameplay at all. But it works, and because I love WW2 themed games I enjoyed it.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I didn't hate re6 either. It's just that the bad moments were horribly bad like the stealth/driving/underwater stuff. A couple cheap death areas too. And the things they did right were well done like the action presses and partner AI wasn't controller breaking like when Sheva would do something insanely stupid in 5. The melee and quickshot components were well done too. Love mercenaries in it

As for guilty pleasure I loooove Plants vs Zombies. The first one. Will play it to death and get everything then uninstall and start all over again. Also the old quest for glory games. Will start at the beginning and go through 4, never bothered with the 5th every once in awhile (also the other odd old sierra game - have a run almost done of leisure suit larry 7) Also Baldurs gate 1&2. Will go through that with a different class and alignment and a different mix of characters every couple of years.

Thanks
    EP Points

Knack. Though i haven't finished the game yet.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Starship Troopers on PC. It fits comfortably into the most generic FPS mold you can imagine but I loved every minute of it. Defeating the buggier segments especially appealed to me (pun very much intended ). There's always something cathartic about overcoming a buggy section (or sections) in a game and emerging triumphant instead of letting it defeat you.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Guilty pleasure games huh....to many to name i think Star Trek Online would prolly be the biggest guilty pleasure though atm XD, say what you want about mmo's but the ship combat is SO DAMN FUN!.
    Spoiler warning:

Check out my own music at:
    https://crash-headroom.bandcamp.com/

Thanks
    EP Points

I really like "Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure". It's a very girly RPG but I had fun with it, even though I beat it in a day.

Thanks

Probably Castlevania for the N64. I know there are some people out there that like the game, I really enjoy it. One of the most atmospheric games on the N64, IMO. It's a shame that it can't be emulated without issue though.

Thanks

FFVII Dirge of Cerberus, not the best controls, but still an enjoyably easy game with a good sense of atmosphere.

Thanks
    EP Points

I actually really like Dirge of Cerberus too. It's obviously a DMC clone, but I never really liked Devil May Cry that much. It's definitely not a perfect game, I could pick apart so many issues with it like the fact the story is an absolute mess, but I still really liked it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Not sure if it counts, but I really enjoyed Watch Dogs. The hacking elements bring something new to the open world genre. It has its flaws, but I think its a fun game.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Shadow the Hedgehog. Actually no, I feel no shame admitting to playing it, nor do I feel that the game is overall bad. It's just mediocre and poorly designed in places, which can be said for many of the games in the Sonic franchise.

I don't know, I don't really feel any kind of shame in enjoying a game that others may not like. If they want to judge me for it, that's their issue. I guess the closest thing would be, say, Fallout 3, mainly because even to this day all the "TRUE FALLOUT FANS" get their panties in a knot when you say you enjoy it, and they especially hate it when you say it's better than New Vegas.

Thanks
    EP Points

Honestly, Shadow the Hedgehog isn't that bad. It's not great, or amazing. It's just a good game. It's a hell of a lot better than Sonic 06 though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

SNK Vs Capcom Card Fighters DS. Every few years, I replay it to completion and make a deck of only female character cards for funsies. It's not a good game by any stretch of the imagination (the translation is a disaster, the story is stupid, and card game mechanics are some of the most unbalanced you'll ever find, ect), yet I keep replaying it like clockwork and enjoying every moment of it.

And Shadow the Hedgehog really is a bad game, but if I still had my copy, I'd be playing it too. The most notable problem is that the graphics are actually worse than the last 3D Sonic game, Heroes, but then there's also the slapdash addition of vehicles and weapons (the vast majority in both groups are useless), the poorly thought out missions, and a very confused story and tone. That last one can be mostly blamed on 4kids dubbing the series at the time, though. Their performances almost never match any of the more serious moments in the game.

Thanks

Dance Dance Revolution and Stepmania, basic and generic games, but can be enjoyed for hours

My Blog:http://retroorama.blogspot.com (In spanish)