Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII Iso/Mds - Help

Thanks

Exclamation Final Fantasy XII Iso/Mds - Help

I have recently unpacked an ISO from my mostly ruined copy of Final Fantasy XII, and to get this to work, I now need to create a working .MDS file for it.

As a reference, I consulted my FFX folder (game works perfectly on this comp), and it contained the Image file and .mds file. Together they work as one game.

To do the same with FFXII, I would need to unpack (?) an .mds file for my FFXII folder. How do I get one? The game I have is as follows: It is the original american release of Final Fantasy XII - Not international, PAL, collectors edition, or the Zodiac job system version.
    Last edited by Krxons; 30th-January-2011 at 06:41. Reason: Specific game edit

Thanks
    EP Points

MDS files are useless for DVD images, DVDs are single track so an MDS file is redundant...

Thanks

I do need one for it to work though right?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Krxons View Post
    I do need one for it to work though right?
    No, as I said before they're useless for DVD5 images. They're only necessary for dual-layer images, as they'd contain the layerbreak. They contain absolutely nothing of any use for a DVD5 image.

Thanks

I think I'm missing something here as I got this message: "CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x001b5836"

Thanks
    EP Points

I doubt it's anything to do with the fact you're missing an MDS file. Try different DVD drive plugins or something.

Thanks

I'll check to see if I'm using a wrong DVD plugin.

EDIT: I couldn't find what CDVD plugin I was using. If it works with FFX, why not FFXII?

EDIT: Nobody is answering, so here's a screenshot. http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1...kewjjfejwf.png

Alright, running it in Full mode gets it as far as the Playstation 2 logo; Then it cuts to black and stays that way.

EDIT: I don't think I have the complete file here, so is there a way to extract the ISO and MDS files from all the original DVD's files (the ones that are less than 3,000,000 kb)?
    Last edited by Inferno.; 31st-January-2011 at 08:49.

Thanks
    EP Points

Please stop double posting. Just edit your last post.

And you're right, your ISO probably is incomplete since it was ripped from a damaged DVD? I don't know how you're expecting to get a working ISO from your broken one, you'll have to redownload the game...

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...II-NTSC-U-FS-*
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...U-Megaupload-*
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...J-Megaupload-*

There is no PAL version here but there's two NTSC-U and one NTSC-J, maybe you'll find one you want eh?

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you make an image file of the game from your DVD?

That error may happen if the file didn't created as it should be, or the downloaded file is broken. etc.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Did you make an image file of the game from your DVD?

That error may happen if the file didn't created as it should be, or the downloaded file is broken. etc.
    Yes but if the DVD was faulty ImgBurn wouldn't have been able to make a complete ISO, it would have disc read errrored, and he would've been prompted/advised to delete the incomplete file...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Yes but if the DVD was faulty ImgBurn wouldn't have been able to make a complete ISO, it would have disc read errrored, and he would've been prompted/advised to delete the incomplete file...
    Well, if the source came from the DVD, then it wouldn't hurt to make one again..
    by saving it as different image file.

Thanks

Those .dlc files are going to take me days to download. I need to do something less time consuming. If I lose internet once, the whole download will screw up.

I can easily move all the files off the disc. Maybe I can use them to create a full iso and mds?

EDIT: I removed JDownloader but now it keeps opening! Why is it still opening if I deleted it?

I dunno what to do. Doubleposting/Necroing is the only thing I can do to keep this thread alive until I can get an answer.
    Last edited by Inferno.; 5th-February-2011 at 09:22. Reason: Double posting is bad mmkay?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Krxons View Post
    Those .dlc files are going to take me days to download. I need to do something less time consuming. If I lose internet once, the whole download will screw up.
    Jdownloader resumes downloads if your connection drops
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Jdownloader resumes downloads if your connection drops
    Yeah, but not for some people.

@Krxons : If you own the game, try making the image file again.

Thanks

I own the game, but it has laser burn, so I need to find a way to transfer.