Thread: emuparadise viruses?

Thanks

Default emuparadise viruses?

I made a mistake and went to emuparadise using internet explorer(i usually use firefox) and for some reason my avira antivir picked up several viruses and trojan horses from it.I can usually browse with no problem using firefox,Im assuming its because firefox blocks spyware and everything.
    I was wondering why would emuparadise have all these viruses and trojans for.my antivir picked up at least 10.
    Can anybody let me know when this problem will be fixed?I just deleted all these viruses and trojans that emuparadise sent me.I was tryin to get into the snes roms section and thats when all the viruses and trojans was sent to me

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Could be a false alarm from antivir.

Or could be one of the third-party ad services has some spyware.

Since the ads are randomly rotated, if I go to the SNES section, I doubt I'll get the ad with the spyware.

Just use FireFox, and keep your anti-virus updated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Post the specifics next time, if there is a true problem and not a false positive like most of them, then MasJ will take care of it.

Thanks

depending if u went to emuparadise.com or something

thats like a fake search site thinger.

could that be it?

Thanks

nah I went to emuparadise.org.I ran scans with spybot and ad aware and both of them found over 20 pieces of spyware/malware which added up to about 44.I also ran a virus scan.I had deleted all the trojans and viruses off my computer cuz I aint want it to spread on my computer or anything,otherwise I would've posted the name of the viruses/trojans.my computer is running normal now though so far.hopefully I got the viruses and trojans out.I also posted my hijacklog for precautionary reasons.if anybody sees any errors can you please let me know
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reezy View Post
    nah I went to emuparadise.org.I ran scans with spybot and ad aware and both of them found over 20 pieces of spyware/malware which added up to about 44.I also ran a virus scan.I had deleted all the trojans and viruses off my computer cuz I aint want it to spread on my computer or anything,otherwise I would've posted the name of the viruses/trojans.my computer is running normal now though so far.hopefully I got the viruses and trojans out.I also posted my hijacklog for precautionary reasons.if anybody sees any errors can you please let me know
    you cant blame emuparadise for that....

Thanks
    EP Points

I trust the ad services that control EP's ads about as far as I can throw them, which isn't very far at all, considering they're non-physical things. Any anti spyware and antivirus with active protection should leave you absolutely fine, though. Adblock and noscript (firefox plugins) are nice extras.
    As I was walking down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsetlemming View Post
    I trust the ad services that control EP's ads about as far as I can throw them, which isn't very far at all, considering they're non-physical things. Any anti spyware and antivirus with active protection should leave you absolutely fine, though. Adblock and noscript (firefox plugins) are nice extras.
    same goes with any ad supported site.....

like every1 else said just keep ur antispyware up to date and such.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1gwi11 View Post
    you cant blame emuparadise for that....
    why not?the moderator said it himself in this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post

Since the ads are randomly rotated, if I go to the SNES section, I doubt I'll get the ad with the spyware.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gwi11 View Post
    depending if u went to emuparadise.com or something

thats like a fake search site thinger.

could that be it?

so how can you say I cant blame emuparadise for it?the moderator himself said that it may have spyware/trojans.dont get me wrong I have nothing against emuparadise,I like this site.you can only go on here though using firefox.another thing,for your information I have spywareblaster and spybot protecting my computer and the spyware and trojans still managed to get thru.I also have pop up blockers.I got rid of all them now though.
    my point is that you cant say dont blame emuparadise.I wouldnt completely blame them for it but 50% of the blame goes to them.the other half is my fault though because I had no business going to emuparadise using internet explorer.That was a bad decision on my part.I'm not mad about it or anything though.Next time just watch what you say though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post

because said moderator also pointed out their randomly generated and emuparadise doesnt control EXACTLY what gets advertised

they can complain to the people presenting the ads, yes.

but they do not ultimately control what gets advertised, therefore you cannot REASONABLY blame emuparadise.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

What I meant is that you shouldn't blame EP for something that a third-party ad service might have done.

Heck, they might not even be at fault, if they didn't produce the ads themselves--if instead, they were given the ads by other parties.