Page 1 of 27 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest an anime!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Suggest an anime!

I know that there are quite a few suggestion themed threads, but I didn't see one for anime, so I thought I'd try to make one myself.
    I'd suggest the animes s-CRY-ed (one of the only ones I was able to watch all episodes of), Wolf's Rain, Witch Hunter Robin, Trigun, Bleach, and Naruto to start off. Same as with manga, my main reasons for suggesting these particular animes are art, storylines, and conflicts. Any other suggestions from members?

edit: Ok, this is something I should've done a while back. The thread's purpose has changed since the first post. Now this thread is here for those who want feedback on what anime they should watch next. Be sure to tell us any prefrences you have (action, light-hearted, ect.) when asking for suggestions.
    Last edited by Tanthias; 27th-October-2007 at 15:09.

Thanks

here's what i recommend.

One Piece (lol) (action/comedy)
    Rurouni Kenshin (action/comedy)
    Bleach (action/magic/comedy)
    Naruto (action/ninjitsu/comedy)
    Cowboy Bebop (action)
    Samurai Champloo (action/comedy)
    Trigun (action/comedy)
    Prince of Tennis (tennis/comedy) i thought i wouldn't enjoy this but it's pretty damn good.
    Hajime no ippo (boxing) This is pretty old but it's really good imo.

here's what i don't recommend.

Ichigo 100%
    Final Fantasy Unlimited
    Death Note

couldn't stand these 3...
    Last edited by Rekuja; 22nd-July-2007 at 01:21.

I'm the bastard that created The Hang Out many years ago
    I like to remind people to feed my ego

Thanks

I did an anime suggestion thread or something a little back then, but I'm not sure if posting again in it would count as dead thread revival, so... I can only suggest you Tokyo Majin Gen-something Season 1 ended recently, only 14 eps and the new one starts this July 24. Action themed and nice characters, Hiyuu Tatsuma ftw.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    I did an anime suggestion thread or something a little back then, but I'm not sure if posting again in it would count as dead thread revival, so... I can only suggest you Tokyo Majin Gen-something Season 1 ended recently, only 14 eps and the new one starts this July 24. Action themed and nice characters, Hiyuu Tatsuma ftw.
    Really? I didn't see the thread anywhere... and I didn't see any other pages on this subforum. I guess it was deleted. I'll be sure to check out the animes you and rekuja suggested.

Thanks

Here it is, but yeah, I had to find it using the "See Threads started by the user" but I don't see it around here.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?t=44356
    Hope it helps.

Thanks
    EP Points

Death Note, it's pure sex. Rek, you so crazy.

Claymore is also a must watch for anyone who wants a gory fantasy show with spectacular action scenes.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    Here it is, but yeah, I had to find it using the "See Threads started by the user" but I don't see it around here.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?t=44356
    Hope it helps.
    Wow. I hope that this (or another thread like this one) can stay around, seeing as how new anime comes out on a regular basis these days. At least it seems like anime does lately anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Claymore is also a must watch for anyone who wants a gory fantasy show with spectacular action scenes.
    I reaffirm this statement. If you thought Naruto, Bleach or any other shounen series had story or action, you haven't seen Claymore. Claymore is the most fresh series to come out in quite a while.

Also, other recommendations include:
    Darker Than Black. Kind of like Cowboy Bebop in terms of structure. Each two weeks a new arc involving some Contractor (emotionless humans with super powers - the majority are evil) is resolved. The main characters are interesting and the music is done by Yokko Kanno (same composer that did Cowboy Bebop.)

Eureka Seven. A 50 episode series about a boy and the hardships that shape him into a man. The show is mostly driven by the interaction between its characters and their development. The main plot starts to unravel after the first 26 episodes, and overall it's quite a good series. There's a bit of mecha, romance and politics thrown in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Death Note, it's pure sex. Rek, you so crazy.

meh, i didn't like it.. felt like a gothic version of pokemon or something lol

Thanks

I can't reccommend it enough, but someone here has to suggest Noir. 26 episodes of stylised violence and shadowy conspiracies. It's an utterly brilliant homage to Film Noir movies given anime form. The soundtrack kicks arse as well.

I still think these threads work better when it's someone asking for ideas, not just us throwing out random ones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    Pokémon? Seriously just where are the similarities?

EDIT: Hypnos has a point. This thread will work better if it went along the line of say the Games Suggestion thread.

Thanks

"Code Geass" it's mix of death note and good old mecha anime.
    Definition: "love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using a Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope

:: There are one-zero kinds of people. Those who understand binary and F others who understand hex ::

Webmaster of:
    http://Irregular-Network.22web.net

My PSX ISO's List:
    updated 4.01.2006 (way pass expiration date, but I still got all what's on the list so request away)
    Here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megalith View Post

EDIT: Hypnos has a point. This thread will work better if it went along the line of say the Games Suggestion thread.
    they control those demons? it's been done before.. pokemon, digimon, yugioh the list goes on

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    I can't reccommend it enough, but someone here has to suggest Noir. 26 episodes of stylised violence and shadowy conspiracies. It's an utterly brilliant homage to Film Noir movies given anime form. The soundtrack kicks arse as well.

I still think these threads work better when it's someone asking for ideas, not just us throwing out random ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalith View Post

In that case, how about we change it to that style? So, I'm looking for an anime like Trigun, with the light-hearted antics caused (seemingly by accident most of the time) by Vash, and the seriousness that occasionaly occurs (generally having to do with people trying to hunt him down, or caused by someone else... I won't say the name because it could be considered a spoiler) but I don't want to watch a 150+ episode series. Any suggestions?

edit: And the style of anime (western, space, action, comedy, ect.) doesn't really matter to me so long as the storyline is good. Couple of things.
    1. Is it true that there is an anime based on Zone of the Enders? If so, does anybody know if it's any good, and if it is, where can I watch it?
    2. I came across Vision of Escaflowne, and I was wondering if anyone has seen it, and if it was any good. I've seen the Escaflowne movie, and I thought it was pretty decent, but is the anime as good as the movie was?
    Last edited by Tanthias; 23rd-July-2007 at 21:45.

Thanks
    EP Points

they control those demons? it's been done before.. pokemon, digimon, yugioh the list goes on
    That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. They don't control the Death Gods. Death Note has absolutely nothing in common with Pokemon/Digimon/Yugioh/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by tanthias
    So, I'm looking for an anime like Trigun, with the light-hearted antics caused (seemingly by accident most of the time) by Vash, and the seriousness that occasionaly occurs (generally having to do with people trying to hunt him down, or caused by someone else... I won't say the name because it could be considered a spoiler) but I don't want to watch a 150+ episode series. Any suggestions?
    I'd say Slayers. Action/comedy, it's basically Trigun set in a fantasy world.

I'll also mention Scrapped Princess. Wouldn't say it's exactly like Trigun, though. It's basiaclly a serious show, but has a couple of light-hearted moments as well. Don't expect extreme stuff that will make you laugh out loud, but it's a nice anime anyway.

1. Is it true that there is an anime based on Zone of the Enders? If so, does anybody know if it's any good, and if so, where can I watch it?
    Yeah, there are two shows, Dolores and Idolo. I've never seen them, so I can't really say anything else.
    http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...=anime&aid=412
    http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...=anime&aid=408

2. I came across Vision of Escaflowne, and I was wondering if anyone has seen it, and if it was any good. I've seen the Escaflowne movie, and I thought it was pretty decent, but is the anime as good as the movie was?
    I thought Escaflowne was excellent. Highly recommended. Never seen the movie, but the series is worth watching.

Christ, long post.