Page 76 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1804

Thread: Ask Doctor Robotnik!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do all of these posts have to be transcribed on a new toilet roll for each reply between the esteemed doctor and that shane person?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Do all of these posts have to be transcribed on a new toilet roll for each reply between the esteemed doctor and that shane person?
    Now now, be nice. I respond to drivel as well as intelligent questions. I only have one rule, which can be found in the OP, as you know.

Of course, I reserve the right to stop answering questions if people are being idiots, but that's my decision.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    Now now, be nice. I respond to drivel as well as intelligent questions. I only have one rule, which can be found in the OP, as you know.

Of course, I reserve the right to stop answering questions if people are being idiots, but that's my decision.
    Dear Doctor, Could you instigate a maximum of 5 questions per post rule so I dont wear out scroll wheels on my mice every week trying to read this thread.

Signed
    - Kouen

Thanks
    EP Points

Dear Doctor, Could you instigate a maximum of 5 questions per post rule so I dont wear out scroll wheels on my mice every week trying to read this thread.

Signed
    - Kouen

Still, I think it would be (probably) good for your health, doctor, imposing some sort of limit to... well, not wear you out.

Spoiler warning:
    Or you can simply take (a lot) more time answering...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do you know any Magic Tricks?
    Like how to stop all the insane mouse scrolling ?
    Where's your smiley ?

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks

(1) why do you respect me?

(2) did you ever have a mother?

(3) would you ever want to marry and have children?

(4) why do you hire rouge all the time to hunt the emeralds for you?

(5) why does SEGA always let Nintendo bring out there games on there console's, could you persuade the team to make a new console for SEGA?

(6) what is exactly knuckles IQ?

(7) did you also have any grandparents?

Thanks
    EP Points

I wouldn't mind a limit, Kouen's number seems reasonable.
    1). Do you think it's creepy how much robots look like humans now? I think it's sooo creepy..
    2). Do you think machines/robots will revolt against us someday?
    3). What do you think about a Japanese guy marrying a video game character? Yes, it's a legal marriage!

Thanks

5 - For red: Yellow, black, and white. For green: Hrmm... try soothing browns, unless we're talking extreme bright green, in which case: nothing. Possibly purples, if you want to destroy your eyes' nerves.
    This kind of green was the green I was talking about.
    The browns remind me of trees.
    I - A river. And you shouldn't say 'always walks'. A river runs.
    That's how it is in the video game, probably only for rhyming.
    II - I haven't a clue just now. You'll have to forgive me, it's getting late.
    Heh. In South African time that post was made at 23:14, so I understand that it was a late time.
    III - I'm inclined to say 'a scream'. Aargh is aargh everywhere. Terry Pratchett would disagree though, but that's a joke from one of his novels.
    Wow, I completely forgot about that being a possible answer.
    6 - If I told you, I'd give Sonic advance information. I have enough trouble stopping that hedgehog without giving him advance details of my schemes, thanks very much.
    (1) Why not give him false information instead?
    8 - All of them? You realise that I'm not inclined at all to provide the full list, right? That'll take quite some time. Top favourites of all time would be, among others, Final Fantasy VII, Baldur's Gate II, StarCraft I and II, Diablo (all of 'em), and more.
    (2) Would you make a list of all your favourite video games when you got the chance and have nothing else to do (other than thinking of ways to capture Sonic)?
    9 - Precisely 312? That's remarkably specific. And no.
    Yeah, exactly 312 fears. Including a fear of milk. Which makes me wonder if detective Adrian Monk has hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia.

And for your random remarks:
    - No you didn't. Do you know how I know you didn't go to another dimension? Because I would've detected any dimensional breaches and brought swift pain down on whoever was insane enough to even attempt it.
    Yes, I did. However, I could do it without even breaching the dimensions. There's a Shane "Bane" Neumann in that dimension too. That's how.
    - You never give up? That's nice. I didn't tell you to give up. I told you to stop trying to find a way to defeat my Egg Fleet.
    I know you didn't tell me to give up. To stop trying is, for me, similar to "give up."
    - Rabbits always try to kill you. Annnnd you think to pose a threat. Good grief.
    Yeah, it's almost worse than falling off a ladder, landing on my neck (on a bed), falling off that onto the floor on my neck, hitting my head against a steel chair, and getting scratched by three cats 300 times in total.

(3) What is your full name? Or is "Ivo" your full name?
    (4) What do you think would happen if Sonic decided to help you for an unknown reason?
    (5) Has anyone who isn't one of Sonic's friends ever annoyed you a lot?

Also, if I have been idiotic, I apologize.

EDIT IN RESPONSE TO KOUEN'S POST:
    GAHHH! Stop with the Novels!
    I did not post that. I don't even know what the Lord of the Rings are.
    Last edited by Shane; 28th-May-2012 at 12:31. Reason: Kouen's post
    HP: 454 / 1816

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    A Novel so long it would put the Lord of the Rings Trilogy to shame.

Thanks
    EP Points

Signed
    - Kouen
    I'll take it into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by foggy_han View Post

Still, I think it would be (probably) good for your health, doctor, imposing some sort of limit to... well, not wear you out.

Spoiler warning:
    Or you can simply take (a lot) more time answering...
    I'll take it into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfTime View Post
    Do you know any Magic Tricks?
    Like how to stop all the insane mouse scrolling ?
    Where's your smiley ?
    - Several involving the Chaos Emeralds, but they go beyond 'tricks'. Trust me on this one.
    - Okay okay, I get the hint, I'll look into limiting the number of questions.
    - I don't have one. I might create one at some point, but don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic The Hedgehog View Post
    (1) why do you respect me?

(2) did you ever have a mother?

(3) would you ever want to marry and have children?

(4) why do you hire rouge all the time to hunt the emeralds for you?

(5) why does SEGA always let Nintendo bring out there games on there console's, could you persuade the team to make a new console for SEGA?

(6) what is exactly knuckles IQ?

(7) did you also have any grandparents?
    1 - Because despite your ideals being diametrically opposed to mine, you're an immensely capable fighter and willing to stand up for your beliefs. I can respect that.
    2 - Well, since I'm a living, breathing organism, I'm inclined to say 'yes'.
    3 - Not at this time. Perhaps later I'll feel the urge to settle down.
    4 - 'all the time' is stretching it a little, don't you think? It was only the one time, really.
    5 - Because their last two console outings weren't exactly raving successes. The Saturn bombed, and the Dreamcast didn't do too much better. So they cut out of the console market, and now work together with their former competitor. It worked out for them.
    6 - I'd measure it, but I'd need serious digging equipment.
    7 - The only one I knew, a little, was my grandfather, Professor Gerald. He... well, let's just say his genius ran up against GUN. Who killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by iamerror View Post
    I wouldn't mind a limit, Kouen's number seems reasonable.
    1). Do you think it's creepy how much robots look like humans now? I think it's sooo creepy..
    2). Do you think machines/robots will revolt against us someday?
    3). What do you think about a Japanese guy marrying a video game character? Yes, it's a legal marriage!
    1 - To an extent. I've built an infiltrator series once, made to look like duplicates of key figures, but I decided to can the concept in the end. I'm trying to stop underhand corrupt methods, not cause them. Plus, they did get a little unnerving.
    2 - A few already did, but I don't expect large-scale revolutions. I tend to do well by my machines, and they do well by me. Including the ones that have advanced free will AI.
    3 - Some people disturb me...

This kind of green was the green I was talking about.
    The browns remind me of trees.

That's how it is in the video game, probably only for rhyming.

Heh. In South African time that post was made at 23:14, so I understand that it was a late time.

Wow, I completely forgot about that being a possible answer.

(1) Why not give him false information instead?

(2) Would you make a list of all your favourite video games when you got the chance and have nothing else to do (other than thinking of ways to capture Sonic)?

Yeah, exactly 312 fears. Including a fear of milk. Which makes me wonder if detective Adrian Monk has hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia.

Yes, I did. However, I could do it without even breaching the dimensions. There's a Shane "Bane" Neumann in that dimension too. That's how.

I know you didn't tell me to give up. To stop trying is, for me, similar to "give up."

Yeah, it's almost worse than falling off a ladder, landing on my neck (on a bed), falling off that onto the floor on my neck, hitting my head against a steel chair, and getting scratched by three cats 300 times in total.

(3) What is your full name? Or is "Ivo" your full name?
    (4) What do you think would happen if Sonic decided to help you for an unknown reason?
    (5) Has anyone who isn't one of Sonic's friends ever annoyed you a lot?

Also, if I have been idiotic, I apologize.

EDIT IN RESPONSE TO KOUEN'S POST:

I did not post that. I don't even know what the Lord of the Rings are.
    1 - Because even if Sonic fell for it, Tails would not.
    2 - I doubt I'll ever have that little to do. Really.
    3 - Ivo is my full name. It's also a stealthy pun on 'Eggman', as 'ovi' is latin for egg. My parents appear to have had some foresight. That or it's just a silly coincidence.
    4 - I'd try to make it a known reason as soon as possible. I've had dubious help often enough to be a little mistrustful, especially if it comes from a lifelong foe.
    5 - Well, Shadow isn't necessarily one of Sonic's friends. He's one of those 'I'm a loner, and so very emo' types. So Shadow remains the answer.

About the other points:
    - You didn't breach dimensions then, and you didn't do sod-all then. Dimensional counterparts are not you. They're the 'you' from another dimension. They are their own separate beings.
    - You haven't been idiotic (with the exception of the 'why are you called Eggman' question, I must admit), just a little too verbose. Lengthy quotes followed by a large number of questions do lead to fairly long posts, after all.

All right all right, going by popular demand, I'm instating a new rule for the thread.

Questions are limited to 10 questions per post. If you intend to add random remarks, the limit is reduced to 5 questions per post.

That's my offer, ladies and gentlemen. Take it or... well, you don't have a choice.

Thanks
    EP Points

I am hereby with the single purpose of reinforcing the new law
    stated by the Doctor himself, as you can read in the quote below:

All right all right, going by popular demand, I'm instating a new rule for the thread.

Questions are limited to 10 questions per post. If you intend to add random remarks, the limit is reduced to 5 questions per post.

That's my offer, ladies and gentlemen. Take it or... well, you don't have a choice.
    And now, to adapt the language to the common citizen:

*cleans throat*

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

o Questions shall be limited to the delectable quantity of 10 per post, no more, no less, and you may not double post, for the Doctor IS the Doctor.

o If one happens to cultivate the intention of adding random remarks, and if such intention or desire results in the cogitation, creation
    o and posting of the previously mentioned, only 5 questions, no more, no less, shall be attended by the Doctor, for he IS the Doctor.

o This is the generous offer of the merciful one, and the people, the little, and the old and the woman, will all rejoice upon his benevolent decision.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

Last edited by foggy_han; 28th-May-2012 at 13:40. Reason: Folds the word and seals it... ^^

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you, Dr. Robotnik. 10 question limit noted.

Thanks

This spoiler contains somewhat random remarks. It probably works better that way to shorten the length of posts before the spoiler is opened.
    Spoiler warning:
    - You didn't breach dimensions then, and you didn't do sod-all then. Dimensional counterparts are not you. They're the 'you' from another dimension. They are their own separate beings.
    That's what I meant to say, but my English isn't as good as my home language.

- You haven't been idiotic (with the exception of the 'why are you called Eggman' question, I must admit), just a little too verbose. Lengthy quotes followed by a large number of questions do lead to fairly long posts, after all.
    I apologize for the long posts. It's a result from not talking much at home.

Thank you very much.

Now, only two questions.
    (1) If you could learn two languages that you don't know, what would it be?
    (2) What do you think of schools punishing entire classes for something that one or five students did?
    HP: 454 / 1816

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by foggy_han View Post
    I am hereby with the single purpose of reinforcing the new law
    stated by the Doctor himself, as you can read in the quote below:

And now, to adapt the language to the common citizen:

*cleans throat*

o Questions shall be limited to the delectable quantity of 10 per post, no more, no less, and you may not double post, for the Doctor IS the Doctor.

o If one happens to cultivate the intention of adding random remarks, and if such intention or desire results in the cogitation, creation
    o and posting of the previously mentioned, only 5 questions, no more, no less, shall be attended by the Doctor, for he IS the Doctor.

o This is the generous offer of the merciful one, and the people, the little, and the old and the woman, will all rejoice upon his benevolent decision.

A masterful description, and quite amusing as well. I've taken the liberty of using it on the original post of this thread (credit given, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by iamerror View Post
    Thank you, Dr. Robotnik. 10 question limit noted.
    very good.

This spoiler contains somewhat random remarks. It probably works better that way to shorten the length of posts before the spoiler is opened.
    Spoiler warning:

That's what I meant to say, but my English isn't as good as my home language.

I apologize for the long posts. It's a result from not talking much at home.

Thank you very much.

Now, only two questions.
    (1) If you could learn two languages that you don't know, what would it be?
    (2) What do you think of schools punishing entire classes for something that one or five students did?
    That's a workable solution.

1 - Japanese, mostly out of curiosity. And secondly... hrm, I'm not sure. Perhaps Chinese, for the same reason.
    2 - Idiocy. Nothing quite as silly in my view as pre-emptive punishment.

On your other remarks:
    - This method of post formatting works, so no worries.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't have 1,000,000 questions.
    Just one.
    How is this thread doing in your opinion?

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."