Thread: PPSSPP Games Suggestions

Thanks

Question PPSSPP Games Suggestions

Hello everyone. First post here, but I've been active on the Discord server.

So I'm here to ask about games for PPSSPP. I'm running the latest version, v1.3, on Windows 7 64-bit. I've already got the 2004 Ridge Racer game, but I'm looking for others to play on PPSSPP.

Primarily, I like racing games and shooters. However, with the PSP only having a single analog stick, I'd rather avoid first- or third-person shooters that require aiming vertically; I'd rather look for something more in line with Tyrian or Jets'n'Guns than anything else, though I'm not really a fan of those "one scratch and you're dead" bullet hell kinds of games.

As far as racing goes, I'm not a fan of games like Gran Turismo, where you have to spend all day adjusting millions of settings in nanometer increments, but I'm not averse to the driving itself erring towards the simulator side; I'm a fan of the Colin McRae DiRT games(the second in particular; never liked the Gymkhana events of 3 or Showdown), and recently got into Driveclub. However, I do still prefer more arcade style racers.

So based on that, what games can you guys suggest for me?
    Last edited by openroadracer; 13th-December-2016 at 19:16.

Thanks
    EP Points

If your willing to put up with the D-pad and Analog control together Metal Gear Peace Walker is a fantastic game. If not then Tom Clancy might work out. Racing games well it's a matter of preference personally I'm a fan of Burnout cuzz its of the thrill of going fast and sneaking past cars to up your turbo and just going nuts.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemongenius View Post
    If you're willing to put up with the D-pad and Analog control together...
    Yeah, no thanks. That's why I brought up scrolling shoot 'em ups. I might just look into the PSP Burnout games, though; my first was Takedown, my favorite is Revenge and I've been playing a lot of Paradise lately.

However, one thing I'll say is that I've tried Outrun 2006 in the past but it had various graphical glitches. Seeing as I've already got Outrun Online Arcade for my XBox 360, I see no reason to get OR2006 for PPSSPP.

Also, one last thing: Weren't there some Ace Combat games for PSP? I've always been a fan of air combat; though I will admit that my preference in air combat is propeller planes with .50cal machine guns, not afterburning jet fighters with heat-seeking missiles.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Pilot Academy wasn't released in NA iirc but besides the Japanese version it was available in Europe, Australia etc.
    Aces of War & WWII Battle Over The Pacific are some other non-NA titles.

I'm only aware of 2 Ace Combat titles for PSP (but maybe there are more idk)...
    Ace Combat X Skies of Deception & Ace Combat Joint Assault.

Spoiler warning:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Pilot Academy wasn't released in NA iirc but besides the Japanese version it was available in Europe, Australia etc.
    Aces of War & WWII Battle Over The Pacific are some other non-NA titles.
    Crap, I'd really rather have the NA versions if they were available. Guess I'll just with with PAL versions, or UK if that's an option.

I'm only aware of 2 Ace Combat titles for PSP (but maybe there are more idk)...
    Ace Combat X Skies of Deception & Ace Combat Joint Assault.
    Ah, thanks, I knew there weren't many of them though. Should get those and see how well they play.

Thanks
    EP Points

There aren't any US versions of that first bunch of games I mentioned...afaik anyway. I'm not sure why region matters for this platform.

Edit:
    If you like racing games there are a couple of Wipeout titles on PSP: Pure & Pulse.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 14th-December-2016 at 02:23.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

If you like racing games there are a couple of Wipeout titles on PSP.: Pure & Pulse.
    Eh, I'm not really a fan of the wipEout games, though. I'm more the F-Zero, Jet Moto type: No weapons at all, just drive.

Thanks
    EP Points

There's a whole bunch Need for Speed games for the PSP

Thanks

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    There's a whole bunch Need for Speed games for the PSP
    Yeah, except that I'm the "Red Barchetta" type that thinks NFS stopped being good right around the time Underground came out. I'm not the type for "pimping"(more like PUNKING) my ride out to race city streets, I'm the type that likes expensive European exotic supercars on scenic open roads.

So no thanks, I'll pass and just stick with my physical copy of Hot Pursuit 2.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by openroadracer View Post
    I'm the type that likes expensive European exotic supercars
    That seems a little unpatriotic

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

That seems a little unpatriotic
    Hey, just because I say I like the Euro exotics doesn't mean I can't like Detroit Muscle. Hell, one of my favorite supercars of all time is the Chevrolet C5 Corvette Z06.

Copy-pasting from the Discord server:

Quote Originally Posted by openroadracer
    Alright, now I've got more for PPSSPP to play than just Ridge Racer...

Both PSP Ace Combat games, both PSP Burnout games, plus Hot Wheels: Ultimate Racing because why not?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 14th-December-2016 at 04:19. Reason: merged posts